• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just headed into town and put £5 down at GAME to reserve my copy for midnight

I've never done a midnight launch, unless you count driving to a 24 hour Asda well after midnight. How much is it at GAME?

I notice HMV have it down at £46.99 which is just ludicrous.

I hate when companies like GAME or HMV try and milk an extra few quid on big releases, either £42.99 or £44.99, and then wonder why they're going out of business.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
**looks again** Phew.....crisis averted.

However, the bush on the right has slightly less leaves!

everybody-panic-and-run-around-screaming.png

Daffy Duck

iFruit app? Fill me in on this one would you

It's basically a real world app you can download for your phone, to do stuff in the game, like create custom numberplates, play with chop etc.

It says about in the game being available on the website, but it's not there.

doby

So i'm picking this up from my local Tesco at midnight, I've never been to a midnight lanuch at a Supermarket before usually go to Game but since moving the Supermarket is is about 5 minutes away. My question is is it worth getting there earlier or is there not usually that much of a queue?

Long queues usually. Went to the midnight launch for GTA IV, both pre-order and non pre-order queues were loooong. Either you get there early and stand in line for an hour, or you get there after and hope they still have copies if you haven't pre ordered.

Dries

Agreed with this guy. that screen is a spoiler of how good the graphics will be. The first time I see the game running WILL BE on my HDTV, not on some crappy phone camera pictures.

This is exactly what I mean. If we are starting to post in-game screenshots, fine, but then I'm outta here.

Get out please, seriously.

Those comparison shots (if you want to say terribly taken screengrabs are comparison shots) should have really been linked instead of massive pictures embedded into the thread. Then turning around and being an ass about it when someone is upset is just icing on the cake.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not sure why people are getting excited about reviews, it's going to be getting like ~97 on Metacritic.

Derrick01

Banned
So here it is, the final day. Good time to finish up kingdom hearts final mix I guess.

Still haven't decided if I want to head to the midnight launch. Ideally I'd like to get there 10-15 minutes after midnight so most or all of the line is gone already but since my store's in a mall I dunno what the rules for showing up are or how many people preordered. It would suck to get there and they're finished already and closing down.

MJLord

Good news GAF I managed to aquire a 160Gb HDD from CEX on my lunch break. Come half 6 I will be installing the GTAV pre load :D

FootballFan

Really happy that the game unlocked at midnight(40 minutes ago) for me here in NZ. Got it from the PS Store and hoped I could play it midnight of release.

Just played 30 or so minutes.

oti

Banned
GTA V Reviews:

10/10 - "How much money did R* pay you?"
9/10 - "Why no 10?"
8/10 - "Well someone wants to be different!"
<8 - *Internet explodes*

Gangxxter

What joke?
That you took those screens with only one version of the game and only changed his hairstyle in order to show the "difference". A nod to the "controversy" of RDR that it looked worse on PS3 and had missing objects like missing grass and foliage. That joke.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That you took those screens with only one version of the game and only changed his hairstyle in order to show the "difference". A nod to the "controversy" of RDR that it looked worse on PS3 and had missing objects like missing grass and foliage. That joke.

Nice try, but those are not my screens silly.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Can we have custom radio stations on the Xbox 360 this time? I mean like in the older GTA's, not just have the music on constantly during every bit of gameplay (like in GTA IV).

emotioncomplex

Neo Member
I've never done a midnight launch, unless you count driving to a 24 hour Asda well after midnight. How much is it at GAME?

I notice HMV have it down at £46.99 which is just ludicrous.

I hate when companies like GAME or HMV try and milk an extra few quid on big releases, either £42.99 or £44.99, and then wonder why they're going out of business.

They tried to push the game exclusive special edition to me (£59.99) but I opted for the plain copy . I didn't actually ask how much it is but it's £40.99 on the site so I'm assuming it'll be that.

They said I had to sign up for the points card to pre-order it which seemed a little strange but I did it anyway.
I don't shop there enough for it to be much use to me though but I get so hyped for gta I would of probably donated a retina and half a carrier bag full of blood if the girl had suggested that was required for launch

Tankshell

Really happy that the game unlocked at midnight(40 minutes ago) for me here in NZ. Got it from the PS Store and hoped I could play it midnight of release.

Just played 30 or so minutes.

ah! So maybe it goes up midnight per country then.

If so, VPN could be a way to unlock early in the UK for all you PSN digital download peeps. Quite commonplace in the PC/Steam community when games are unlocked at midnight in different time zones. I have no idea if it will work the same on PSN though, the principle is the same however... fool your console into thinking it is physically in another country and thus unlock the game early.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Are you on PS3 or 360?

PS3. It still looks like a current gen title, don't get me wrong. But there have been times during missions where my jaw dropped. There's one scene in particular that, if a screenshot was taken at that point, I wouldn't have doubted you if you'd have told me it was a next-gen screen grab.

There are a lot of 'woah' moments.

After watching a few streams I can&#8217;t see this not getting a crap ton of perfect 10&#8217;s.

Honestly if someone gives this an 8 we&#8217;ll have another Uncharted 3 on our hands.

doby

Can we have custom radio stations on the Xbox 360 this time? I mean like in the older GTA's, not just have the music on constantly during every bit of gameplay (like in GTA IV).

Nope.

Has it been confirmed whether on not the PS3 custom soundtrack feature has made it in?

ekim

Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom