• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PS3. It still looks current gen title, don't get me wrong. But there have been times during missions where my jaw dropped. There's one scene in particular that, if a screenshot was taken at that point, I wouldn't have doubted you if you'd have told me it was a next-gen screen grab.

Yeah from the streams what i've seen it looks amazing, thank you sir.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Every review thread is a mess. This one has the potential to suck us all into a black hole of condensed stupidity.

...and I can't wait. Mwuhah. I'm just playing GTA V now to ahem..."waste time" while waiting for the reviews to start popping up.

Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:

All the time. I thought it was just me and that I had OCD.

Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:

Yes, yes I do! Get the house clean and tidy, boys in bed, make sure the wife is busy with something, and then me and my game of choice gets passionate. Haha.

My copy better be here tomorrow.

Derrick01

Banned
it will get an 8 ... someone has to do that job...

After seeing a bunch of his reviews I'm sure Tom Chick will give it a 2/5. He'll say it doesn't match the brilliance of something like AC3 and how the side content is too fun and useful. The combat and driving isn't automatic enough and the story flows too smoothly.

FootballFan

ah! So maybe it goes up midnight per country then.

I hope so, for you guys. I was worried as the autodownload only started at 2am, thought maybe the game wouldn't unlock until 2am tonight but I was happily proven wrong.

I guess one of the Aussie gaffers could confirm in an hour.

ufo8mycat

PS3. It still looks like a current gen title, don't get me wrong. But there have been times during missions where my jaw dropped. There's one scene in particular that, if a screenshot was taken at that point, I wouldn't have doubted you if you'd have told me it was a next-gen screen grab.

There are a lot of 'woah' moments.

https://mega.co.nz/#!EtNFFZIa!UUUWRRyNcu5YzhrgiKXgIGUaRl4cBmnvSMZgk92loWk

360 footage - No spoilers

To be honest. When I first watched this footage above, it looks better then any open world game on PS3/360.

Kind of hard to believe it's running on PS3/360 hardware.

I think it looks better then most open-world current gen titles.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Still no freakin' shipping e-mail...

mad.gif

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I've never done a midnight launch, unless you count driving to a 24 hour Asda well after midnight. How much is it at GAME?

I notice HMV have it down at £46.99 which is just ludicrous.

I hate when companies like GAME or HMV try and milk an extra few quid on big releases, either £42.99 or £44.99, and then wonder why they're going out of business.

Haha. I bought mine off PSN for £49.99, but granted I live in Aussie so the exchange rate meant it was $25 less than retail here. Retail and Aussie PSN has it listed as $109.95.

That you took those screens with only one version of the game and only changed his hairstyle in order to show the "difference". A nod to the "controversy" of RDR that it looked worse on PS3 and had missing objects like missing grass and foliage. That joke.

And 9/11 was an inside job. Am I right?

Joeki11a

Banned
Cant wait to hear the bad things about the game, many seem to think this is a game that
cant have bad issues with it, those illusions of a perfect game are always shattered.

Give it a week or two when the honeymoon ends we will see threads about this game not being all that amazing, issues pointed out that nobody see on day 1 due to being lost in the hype.

If so, VPN could be a way to unlock early in the UK for all you PSN digital download peeps. Quite commonplace in the PC/Steam community when games are unlocked at midnight in different time zones. I have no idea if it will work the same on PSN though, the principle is the same however... fool your console into thinking it is physically in another country and thus unlock the game early.

Too bad about our shopto orders not getting here early :p

Krusader

Neo Member
Picking this game up before class in the morning seems like a poor choice... Pretty sure I'm going to be spending the day trying to induce appendicitis so I have a reasonable excuse to not do anything for a week... oh what the hell, I'm in uni... I can get away with it :)

Kind of worried about my PS3 dying though. I have one of the white Japanese models. I gave it a good clean the other day, but some days it sounds like a rocket taking off... that said, it powered through The Last of Us and MP3 without a drama, so I should be good right???

Also, IGN's review (yeah yeah, I know... 11/10... etc.) of GTA V will be up at 0000hrs Australian time... so in another hour.

Thefly

Neo Member
Just bought my copy! (Media Markt, Germany, Cologne, Köln-Arkaden) (50 EUR)

Screw my amazon uk order which isnt been even dispatched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom