• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamFM

Banned
Thank you amazon.de.

7LV0dTm.jpg

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
https://mega.co.nz/#!EtNFFZIa!UUUWRRyNcu5YzhrgiKXgIGUaRl4cBmnvSMZgk92loWk

360 footage - No spoilers

To be honest. When I first watched this footage above, it looks better then any open world game on PS3/360.

Kind of hard to believe it's running on PS3/360 hardware.

I think it looks better then most open-world current gen titles.

Oh I agree completely. The pre-release footage doesn't really do it justice IMO.

I'm not used to textures looking this decent on R* PS3 titles in particular. In prior games, everything is typically a vaseline smear compared to the 360 versions. I don't know which code ninja or NASA rocket scientist they abducted to get the PS3 version to look like it does but I hope they're feeding him well.

Kind of worried about my PS3 dying though. I have one of the white Japanese models. I gave it a good clean the other day, but some days it sounds like a rocket taking off... that said, it powered through The Last of Us and MP3 without a drama, so I should be good right???

I think you'll be good. My 40gb PS3 sounded like a hoover with Bioshock Infinite. For some reason it's much quieter for GTA. I've been playing all day solid and it hasn't missed a beat.

Karak

Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:

Yep. I make sure all chores are done. If its a review I use a totally different room actually that's sort of locked away so I can concentrate and not be bothered will little stuff like showering and Armageddon.

B4D1E

I clean too, just so my wife can't come in and say "look at the fucking mess and you're playing a game."

It's going to happen anyway, as soon as I clean my dogs run in and there's fur everywhere again.

Exactly the same. I do everything so she won't be complaining while I'm playing lol
Glad I'm not the only one :D

KAP151

Im at the midnight launch now. Got to be at least 120+ people here and it just hit 11. They have tunes rocking and 3 demo stations set up. Fuck, gonna be hell getting out of here!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Going to do a major clean to pass the time till the uk midnight launch. Anything to pass the time I guess.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm tempted to visit the midnight release over here in the Netherlands.

I ordered from Mediamarkt, but haven't received a shipping confirmation yet.
If I haven't got an email from them at 0:00 midnight, i'm going around the corner to the nearest midnight release, which is about a 2 minute bike ride away and pick up a copy.

gruenel

Just picked up this bad boy.

Damn. I can't stand this any longer.

My copy of GTA V was shipped on goddamn Saturday and it isn't here today. It's literally the first time in my life a game took more than one day to arrive here.

Time to bail out of this thread to avoid further frustration.

For those who haven't been spoiled yet, I want to say: Your mind is going to get fucking blown! Just saw something in the spoiler thread that made me say Holy Shit for real.

any ps3 vs xbox 360 comparisons? not that video a few posts above because it has completely different time of day and lighting

Nothing definitive until tomorrow.

If there were major differences, we'd have heard about them by now. For the anally retentive there are bound to be some things to moan about but looking pretty good for both consoles at the minute.

After seeing a bunch of his reviews I'm sure Tom Chick will give it a 2/5. He'll say it doesn't match the brilliance of something like AC3 and how the side content is too fun and useful. The combat and driving isn't automatic enough and the story flows too smoothly.

Wait, Tom liked AC3? Between that and his TLoU review, I'm starting to wonder about him. I rarely agree with him, but his reviews are usually a good read. With TLoU, it sounded like he wrote the review after watching someone else play it or something.

ViviOggi

Just bought my copy! (Media Markt, Germany, Cologne, Köln-Arkaden) (50 EUR)

Screw my amazon uk order which isnt been even dispatched...

Yup, I cancelled that shit on Sunday and just got back from Media Markt with my copy. Paid 50€ as well, same price I would have paid at Amazon UK including shipping.

CURRENTLY INSTALLING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom