• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyCool

After reading Jim Sterling and Jeff Gerstman twitter-feed, i have a feeling both reviews are not gonna be 10/10 and 5/5 but around 8-9/10 and 4/5. Which almost makes me not wanna read the reviews to let them subconsciously influence my feelings about the game.

Wait, Tom liked AC3? Between that and his TLoU review, I'm starting to wonder about him. I rarely agree with him, but his reviews are usually a good read. With TLoU, it sounded like he wrote the review after watching someone else play it or something.

I know opinions are opinions and all that, but I have to question someones taste if they found Assassins Creed 3 better than The Last of Us. In fact I'd go as far as not reading or trusting their reviews of anything again. I bet he though Avatar was the best film ever too.

Didn't bungie say something similar about halo 3 back when that was released, installing the game increased the load times i think ?

Perhaps an explanation as to why people were reporting worse pop up in the 360 version?

Gaz_RB

After reading Jim Sterling and Jeff Gerstman twitter-feed, i have a feeling both reviews are not gonna be 10/10 and 5/5 but around 8-9/10 and 4/5. Which almost makes me not wanna read the reviews to let them subconsciously influence my feelings about the game.

Yeah if the scores are lower than I expect, I probably won't read them so the flaws won't stand out to me as much

smr00

Banned
For those who haven't been spoiled yet, I want to say: Your mind is going to get fucking blown! Just saw something in the spoiler thread that made me say Holy Shit for real.
why would you say this? Now all people are going to do is dissect everything and expect some big twist.

It's like saying there is a big twist at the end of a movie or you wont see it coming! or expect to have your mind blown! It's a shitty thing to do even if it's not directly spoiling anything.

SJRB

Gold Member

I like Jeff Gerstman but in the end they're just two random guys with an opinion, nothing more.

Reviews are highly overrated.

If you are being serious why would you say this? Now all people are going to do is dissect everything and expect some big twist.

It's like saying there is a big twist at the end of a movie or you wont see it coming! or expect to have your mind blown! It's a shitty thing to do.

It's nothing story related. I just saw this and was blown away. Sorry for overreacting.
But this game will deliver on all fronts.

KaiserBecks

That'd make sense if the game streams from the DVD drive as well as the pre-installed data on the HD simultaneously. The seek and read time from the internal hard drive is going to be slower if it's having to seek the pre-installed data and then the installed 'play' disc.

Hm. What about the digital versions then? That would pretty much mean they perform worse, wouldn't it? Unless they're somehow altered.

Hoo-doo

Banned
any ps3 vs xbox 360 comparisons? not that video a few posts above because it has completely different time of day and lighting

GTA 5: Xbox 360 vs PS3 Direct Screen Comparison

Only one I found.

Xbox 360 seems to have the slightest edge in terms of shadows and a tiny bit more details on vegetation. Yet the PS3 version seems to have a touch better draw distance.
Framerate is exactly the same on both platforms, according to these guys.

So, pretty much complete parity. Amazing work, Rockstar.

DukeBobby

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
Cisce - 100
Screaming Meat - 100
LNBL - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
brickarts295 - 99
kazebyaka - 99
Certinty - 99
Marleyman - 99
kev25b - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
BigWeather - 98
sdornan - 98
-Yeti - 98
Amagon - 98
AOC83 - 98
red731 - 98
waru - 98
ViviOggi - 98
Krusader - 98
Alcoholikaust - 98
Alchemist - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
Count of Monte Sawed-Off - 97
revolverjgw - 97
Pagusas - 97
likewiise - 97
CountBlackule - 97
The Dutch Slayer - 97
Punished_Snake - 97
SuperSah - 97
RoKKeR - 97
cleveridea - 97
ieatzombies - 97
Falifax - 97
astrogamer - 97
Bullza2o - 96
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
reelbigtink - 96
Avon Barksdale - 96
Prompto - 96
QuantumBro - 96
Dark_AnNiaLatOr - 96
Rastafarian42 - 96
bmdubya - 96
Radec - 96
Undead - 96
NEOPARADIGM - 96
DeadlyVirus - 96
NotTheGuyYouKill - 96
PureGone - 96
Cheddahz - 96
Garibaldi - 96
FuzzyNorman - 96
Hanmik - 96
JLeack - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
edgardavids - 95
Represent. - 95
FStop7 - 95
gosox333 - 95
TheLucifer - 95
Canis lupus - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
GAMERG0D - 94
deli2000 - 94
KAP151 - 94
Zukuu - 94
Derrick01 - 93
SkyTurnsRed - 93
Gizmowned - 93
Sub_Level - 92
spats - 92
Fjordson - 91
Fracas - 90
Hoo-doo - 90
bonesmccoy - 88
Fine Ham Abounds - 42 lol

I don't read reviews or previews for games so I have never heard of half those sites.

Just realized they are members of gaf lol. I need to go to work :)

Justin

You are worried a 9/10 review is going to negatively effect your view of the game on a subconscious level?

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Early copy GET!
Now just gotta hit the gym and then it's on.

BVAa8uT.jpg

Hm. What about the digital versions then? That would pretty much mean they perform worse, wouldn't it? Unless they're somehow altered.

Good question. Hopefully Digital Foundry do some tests on this.

Marleyman

Banned

I also want to say that this journey has been a long one, filled with much hype. I have gotten married, had a kid, bought a house since the last GTA. While many things have changed, my GTA love hasn't changed. I am so god damned hyped it is ridiculous; one more work day...enjoy all!

I'm tempted to visit the midnight release over here in the Netherlands.

I ordered from Mediamarkt, but haven't received a shipping confirmation yet.
If I haven't got an email from them at 0:00 midnight, i'm going around the corner to the nearest midnight release, which is about a 2 minute bike ride away and pick up a copy.

Did you order online? If not you can just pick it up at 0:00 at a mediamarkt.

tookhster

Anyone else order from Rockstar Warehouse? I'm kinda pissed how they sent me an email saying my order was shipped on Saturday, but in reality when I track my package, it says the UPS is waiting for a shipment.

This seems to be the case for everyone who ordered from there. It's now 9:30 AM and it still hasn't dispatched....

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

That wasn't a typo, chief. :)

Anyone else order from Rockstar Warehouse? I'm kinda pissed how they sent me an email saying my order was shipped on Saturday, but in reality when I track my package, it says the UPS is waiting for a shipment.

This seems to be the case for everyone who ordered from there. It's now 9:30 AM and it still hasn't dispatched....

I did. Haven't even had a shipping e-mail...

hwy_61

Banned
US Amazon Preorder people:

About when does the shipping status change? I've got release day delivery. I figure if this shit doesn't change to shipping soon by 5pm today, I'm getting it at Walmart.

Garibaldi

Even tho I have it on order, I'm tempted to hit the local Tesco and hope one of the staff just let me have it. It's a tiny store hardly no one shops at. Bound to have some kind cashier just give it to me. I'll smile and flirt and everything. Wait, gonna go practice in a mirror. I can't fuck this up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom