• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:

I just cleaned my room this morning in preparation for tonight.

I like to play extra "comfortable". Dusted off the Xbox, Television, even used the vacuum for the room.

Now all that is left to do is to head to Walmart at midnight.

LNBL

Reposting:

Metacritic predictions

MormaPope - 100
Cisce - 100
Screaming Meat - 100
weekend_warrior - 99
flyinpiranha - 99
More_Badass - 99
brickarts295 - 99
kazebyaka - 99
Certinty - 99
Marleyman - 99
Rembrandt - 98/99
RadioActiveLobster 98
Gaz_RB - 98
Alienous - 98
MetalGuardian - 98
Macro. - 98
Spine_Ripper - 98
Spazznid - 98
BigWeather - 98
sdornan - 98
-Yeti - 98
Amagon - 98
AOC83 - 98
red731 - 98
waru - 98
ViviOggi - 98
scarlet - 97
Ridesh - 97
antitrop - 97
DukeBobby - 97
Bunta - 97
Tricky I Shadow - 97
Count of Monte Sawed-Off - 97
revolverjgw - 97
Pagusas - 97
likewiise - 97
CountBlackule - 97
The Dutch Slayer - 97
Punished_Snake - 97
SuperSah - 97
RoKKeR - 97
cleveridea - 97
Bullza2o - 96
~Kinggi~ - 96
dreamfall - 96
reelbigtink - 96
Avon Barksdale - 96
Prompto - 96
QuantumBro - 96
Dark_AnNiaLatOr - 96
Rastafarian42 - 96
bmdubya - 96
Radec - 96
Undead - 96
NEOPARADIGM - 96
DeadlyVirus - 96
NotTheGuyYouKill - 96
PureGone - 96
Cheddahz - 96
Garibaldi - 96
Plasmid - 95/96
Dug - 95
Papercuts - 95
jacobs34 - 95
edgardavids - 95
Represent. - 95
FStop7 - 95
gosox333 - 95
TheLucifer - 95
miDnIghtEr20C - 94
UrbanRats - 94
GAMERG0D - 94
deli2000 - 94
KAP151 - 94
Zukuu - 94
Derrick01 - 93
SkyTurnsRed - 93
Sub_Level - 92
spats - 92
Fjordson - 91
bonesmccoy - 88
Fine Ham Abounds - 42 lol

Guess you missed mine a while ago, 100 :)

woen

GTA 5: Xbox 360 vs PS3 Direct Screen Comparison

Only one I found.

Xbox 360 seems to have the slightest edge in terms of shadows and a tiny bit more details on vegetation. Yet the PS3 version seems to have a touch better draw distance.
Framerate is exactly the same on both platforms, according to these guys.

So, pretty much complete parity. Amazing work, Rockstar.

Wow. Even if it's not gameplay footage, I'm not worried anymore.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I cannot see a single difference in the comparison shots, but I'm pretty oblivious to small details. Both look good enough to me anyway.

The only real difference I can spot is the detail on the farther-away palm trees. The vegetation is slightly more detailed on the 360 at a certain distance. But that is completely negligible, really.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
GTA 5: Xbox 360 vs PS3 Direct Screen Comparison

Only one I found.

Xbox 360 seems to have the slightest edge in terms of shadows and a tiny bit more details on vegetation. Yet the PS3 version seems to have a touch better draw distance.
Framerate is exactly the same on both platforms, according to these guys.

So, pretty much complete parity. Amazing work, Rockstar.

Those look damn near identical in every detail. I don't really see any differences in the shadows either. The biggest difference I can see among any of those images are the textures in this comparison: 360 vs PS3. Significantly sharper on the PS3 (bottom left, bottom middle). But that's most likely a case of the 360 textures not having fully loaded at that point, or maybe it's a draw distance thing (some people have been saying that they see more pop-in in the 360 version). Up close textures seem identical.

EDIT: Yeah, the palm tree leaves look fuller and more detailed on the 360, but it's not as if they look bad on the PS3. Not something you'd notice or think about without directly comparing them.

emotioncomplex

Neo Member
I cannot see a single difference in the comparison shots, but I'm pretty oblivious to small details. Both look good enough to me anyway.

image.php

smr00

Banned
Do you guys actually also clean up your room/flat and make sure everything is perfect before playing a long anticipated game? :eek:
My house is always clean.

I sweep/mob/wipe down stuff every other day. I wash my dishes the second i am done using them and never have any cans/bottles or trash laying around because i throw them in the trashcan when i am done. Keep your house clean by doing little things and you won't have any build up and won't have to dedicated hours to cleaning.

kitzkozan

I'm guessing the Metacritic will be around 96 since reviewers got burned hard with GTA IV. The game will be better, but the critics won't go overboard as much this time around. Let's not forget the fact that the online portion won't ship before october which make it a lesser package than GTA IV which had everything from the start (I'm guessing journalists didn't have access to the full online experience either?).

They tried to push the game exclusive special edition to me (£59.99) but I opted for the plain copy . I didn't actually ask how much it is but it's £40.99 on the site so I'm assuming it'll be that.

They said I had to sign up for the points card to pre-order it which seemed a little strange but I did it anyway.
I don't shop there enough for it to be much use to me though but I get so hyped for gta I would of probably donated a retina and half a carrier bag full of blood if the girl had suggested that was required for launch

I bet it will be £45.

GAME doesn't even match its own site!

Krusader

Neo Member
Metacritic prediction - 98.

I think the over all score is going to hampered by a few outliers who simply look to cause controversy and garner hits on their pages. Shame really...

DukeBobby

The Metacritic score will be changing for days, weeks, and even months if some reviews come in late. When should we settle on a final score?

my Amazon order was shipped late last night. In transit to carrier now... If only UPS would just bring it to my house today, that'd be glorious, but I know it won't happen.

I wish that nobody knew I even liked videogames at work, because this is one case where I'd happily fake sick one of these days. Sadly... the guys I work with all know how amped I am for GTA. So no can do on that, haha.

Effect

Is the game suppose to come with an online code for the online section of the game? Or will you just need the game itself with nothing else? Meaning it can be bought used?

iKhameleon

Neo Member
US Amazon Preorder people:

About when does the shipping status change? I've got release day delivery. I figure if this shit doesn't change to shipping soon by 5pm today, I'm getting it at Walmart.

I preordered mine last night, and when I checked this morning (around 8:30 Eastern), the status was (and still is) "Shipping Now".

My house is always clean.

I sweep/mob/wipe down stuff every other day. I wash my dishes the second i am done using them and never have any cans/bottles or trash laying around because i throw them in the trashcan when i am done. Keep your house clean by doing little things and you won't have any build up and won't have to dedicated hours to cleaning.

Yes mom :(

kingkitty

I hope my store tomorrow has plenty of copies left :SS

Gonna watch the Gametrailers retrospective and wait for the video reviews, my hype is thru the roooooooooof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom