• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
looking forward to it. This is really my first GTA game. I've tried a couple before but could never really get into them.

ieatzombies

hipster-i-left-the-ocean-its-too-current.jpg
This is great. Portland in a nutshell. Don't kill me! I used to live there.

aravuus

Great so I awake to more confusion than ever. I have it pre ordered for the 360.

What system am I supposed to get this for? What do i do install the 1st disc, not the second?

Just install the obligatory disc, conveniently named "install disc", and don't install the play disc.

10am tomorrow can not get here fast enough. I will be knocking the door down to GameStop. Hopefully I won't get a speeding ticket on my way home to play.

Fjordson

Fair point I suppose.

The Franklyn character looks to be the most interesting lead to come from Rockstar in a long time. I'm not sure if Houser wrote him but either way it's a step in the right direction.
Yeah, that's what some of the reviews have said about Trevor.

This reminds me that I'd really like to see R* make a game where you play as someone on the right side of the law. A cop, an FBI agent or something. Hell, maybe Agent would have been that (hopefully that thing hasn't been canceled). It might allow them to break out of the "bad guys getting pulled back in" thing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah when I looked at the list I came away thinking it's much closer to 4 than Vice City/San Andreas in that aspect. But I do think it has a better list than 4, where I barely knew any song outside of the rock station and that one Kanye song they used. At least I know most of the songs in the classic west coast hip hop station.

We'll have to see how the talk stations turn out too. That was another incredibly weak showing in 4.

Pretty much every station on 4 was from a music scene that exploded at one time or another in New York (Minimalism, Alt-Rock, Jazz, Fusion etc.), so I see why they went that way. Although I understand that it doesn't have the nostalgic impact of VC/SA, it introduced me to some nifty music that I'd never have come across otherwise.

Hell, maybe Agent would have been that (hopefully that thing hasn't been canceled). It might allow them to break out of the "bad guys getting pulled back in" thing.

It still has a listing on the Social Club /hopeful

Ensirius

Driving in this game is pure sex

They managed to make driving a lot more fun while retaining that realistic physics feel IV implemented.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is free for PS Plus members this month. There's no escaping GTA this week.

It's a good time to be Rockstar fan.

This reminds me that I'd really like to see R* make a game where you play as someone on the right side of the law. A cop, an FBI agent or something. Hell, maybe Agent would have been that (hopefully that thing hasn't been canceled). It might allow them to break out of the "bad guys getting pulled back in" thing.

They did, LA Noire

Just as an aside, I indefensibly caved to my own hype and I watched all the trailers back to back like 15 times over the weekend, and I kept catching myself mumbling Skeletons under my breath during our Monday morning production meeting when I should have been paying attention.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Probably the types of music it offers. There's not much there if you're a rock or metal fan.

This. GTA games typically only have a couple of songs I like. I was playing San Andreas the other day, and while K-DST and Radio X each play a few nice songs (Freebird always works) there's not much else there for me. I'm first and foremost a progressive rock/metal fan, and that kind of music simple doesn't exist in the GTA universe. But then again, real-life radio stations don't play it either.

EDIT: Queen being in this game is awesome though.

Zornack

Discrepancies btwn 360 and PS3 versions?

I'm wondering the same thing. From the few anecdotal accounts I've read it sounds like they're pretty much the same, maybe the PS3 is more apt to drop below 30, but it looks like we'll have to wait for a more technical breakdown.

Pyronite

The responses to Carolyn Petit's review on GameSpot and YouTube are fucking disgusting and one of the reasons I really think gamer culture is fucked up.

My Amazon order still hasn't shipped...still at "shipping soon"

Mine updated from "Shipping Now" to Shipped at 4:10AM Eastern, if you're in the US don't worry about it, it'll ship by tonight.

Just install the obligatory disc, conveniently named "install disc", and don't install the play disc.

I saw the story on Gamespot and I imagine it's for reasons I expected, the second disc just streams the music/radio and video for TV/internet and GTA V is probably using as much of the HDD transfer speed that it can for streaming the world.

It blows my mind that GTA V has better car engine sounds than Gran Turismo 5.

Seriously?

Ahhh! 24 hours to go!

Symphonia

Banned
Littlewoods/Shop Direct have confirmed I will have my 500GB PS3/GTA V bundle tomorrow afternoon, just in time for when I get home from work. Now, the real question - do I wait until my new TV arrives on Friday or do I just hook it up and play on the old Sony tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom