• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dickens/Tolstoy

Oh sorry. I meant 5/5.

Those bringing GTAV into their bleak house with great expectations should be ready for hard times, for these times of ours have given Rockstar the canvas upon which to paint a tale of two cities - cities of war and peace - existing at the same time within the souls of three lost men as they endure the battle of life.

protonion

2 hours with the ps3 version...

Game of the generation. I know it's early to tell... but game of the generation!

At times I cannot believe how good it looks. Even taking account that it's an open world game. Frame rate is very good. Don't worry.

Now all I can i think about is turning on my console and play.

Forget gta4. Hell! Forget San Andreas.
It's over. Rockstar won the generation. Your hype will be crushed.
Man this game!
Back to playing. Bye!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Those bringing GTAV into their bleak house with great expectations should be ready for hard times, for these times of ours have given Rockstar the canvas upon which to paint a tale of two cities - cities of war and peace - existing at the same time within the souls of three lost men as they endure the battle of life.

Bravo! I guess this is the GTA series' resurrection after the devisive fourth entry. This game has my knickers in an Oliver Twist.

Nope. I lost it. :)

Chipotle

Bravo!

Derrick01

Banned

Nicely done lol.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
So is the PS3 the preferred platform? Or are the differences between the two so small as to be meaningless?

It looks like it's meaningless from the video content available out there. I'm comparing the 360 footage to my PS3 copy and I'm 20% through the main game. It looks really great and the versions appear to be incredibly close to one another. It's not at all like the earlier sub HD PS3 Rockstar conversions where there was a large IQ gap between the 360 and PS3 versions.

Glad to see people who hated IV love V. IV wasn't very good.

I never thought much of GTA IV but GTA V is in another league entirely.

OPM sums it up nicely:

Everything you’ve ever wanted a GTA game to be, and a whole lot more. Consistently hilarious, constantly compelling and combining never-before-seen scale and ambition. This is going to make next-gen look bad for a long time to come.

That said, the tennis is a bit rubbish. Keep your receipt if you were planning on buying GTA V purely to play tennis.

Lol. Good job.

ieatzombies

Cheers! Yep sums it up.

Mononoke

Banned
I haven't been paying much attention to this game (in the pre-release/hype cycle). So i'm only now seeing video. But the graphics look really washed out and flat. The lighting and the world design looks gorgeous. But the characters's textures look washed out to me.

=/

DukeBobby

I haven't been paying much attention to this game (in the pre-release/hype cycle). So i'm only now seeing video. But the graphics look really washed out and flat. The lighting and the world design looks gorgeous. But the characters's textures look washed out to me.

=/

It's a massive open world game running on ancient hardware.

You just have to accept some limitations.

So - as far as version differences, it looks like the Xbox 360 has the slight edge this time. It looks to be a Max Payne 3 level in regards to the "superior" version; with the LOD of textures and vegetation looking better on 360, shadows and color/contrast balancing also look to be a tad better.

Link

Laslow says PS3 though [skip to 1:00:05]

Alpende

Heck yes! My Amazon UK order just got dispatched. I'll have it on Wednesday. Not bad for a order from the Netherlands with free shipping.

I've gotten into this habit of not reading about or hyping myself pre-release until the last few hours and it's kind if worked out of me. I think I'm going to pick it up on PS3 only because the 360 has been packed up since my last move in Febuary and I don't plan on paying for Live anytime soon. Some of the .gifs coming out are amazing considering the hardware. I would love to see this on he PC.

Not sure how I feel about the OP in this thread. It's very nice but almost a little gross. I'm not sure when OTs stop becoming OTs and become more of a PR material. I can appriciate the effort though.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
The responses to Carolyn Petit's review on GameSpot and YouTube are fucking disgusting and one of the reasons I really think gamer culture is fucked up.

Don't let it get to you. YouTube and Gamespot comments sections are the Mos Eisley spaceport of the internet.

Modern gaming culture is great. All of the fan art, events, cosplay and detailed gaming discourse on dedicated forums is brilliant. Surely some illiterate hate delivered in the comments section on a YouTube channel isn't enough to taint that.

b31ceb58061009d91258a9005917383d.png

Should I be worried, it has been almost 2 days and it hasn't moved. Or are the trackers sometimes wrong?

keit4

Banned
Oh, it looks like it's not recommended to install the second disc of the 360 version :/ It's like playing with a F-16 in the room.

Detailed underwater scuba diving and random shark encounter people. I can taste it.

I honestly can not wait to start diving. Middle of the day. Taking my boat out (Dexter style) and the sun is brightly shining. I take a dive in the ocean and scavenge the depths for anything of wonder and all of a sudden above me a thunderstorm breaks loose.

I am 25 yet my fantasy is on the roll with this game :lol

BaneDrain

Oh, it looks like it's not recommended to install the second disc of the 360 version :/ It's like playing with a F-16 in the room.

Does anyone know if we should expect F-16 like noises coming out of the PS3 as well? I've got a Slim model that's been relatively quiet thus far.

DukeBobby

My game says shipping now but my guide does not.

My guide had a delivery estimate of between the 21st and 24th of September, but when it was dispatched, it changed to the 17th.

I was hoping to get it a few days late, at least until I had finished the main story.

I'll probably just leave the package unopened for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom