• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you roll up 5 minutes after midnight, walk in, walk out. Go home.

I've been debating that. I'm expecting hudreds of people at the Bestbuy and the worst part is that you can't technically pay off the full amount. You can pay 59.99 but there is still the tax left over you have to pay. That means every single last person is going to HAVE to have some kind of tranaction that takes up time.

It seems like you either show up 2 hours early and get processing in a half hour after midnight, or you show up a half hour early and take 2 hours to get processed after midnight. blech

waypoetic

Banned
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories is free for PS Plus members this month. There's no escaping GTA this week.

It's a good time to be Rockstar fan.

Nice. I don't know if someone fucked up over at SCEE but GTA 4 was 54 swedish kronors on the PS Store over here in Sweden.

Scrabble

Does the gamespot review go into detail on how exactly the game is "profoundly misogynistic"? A game can show a misogynistic culture and have misogynistic portrayals and not be a product of misogyny, just like American History X isn't a racist movie.

The responses to Carolyn Petit's review on GameSpot and YouTube are fucking disgusting and one of the reasons I really think gamer culture is fucked up.

I agree, but to be fair... its really stupid to be complaining about the protagonists being bad men, and misogony, in a game which is about the criminal underworld....

Coolwhip

Banned
The responses to Carolyn Petit's review on GameSpot and YouTube are fucking disgusting and one of the reasons I really think gamer culture is fucked up.

Give people anonymity and a small group turns into assholes. Give 10-16 year olds anonymity and that group is a lot bigger even.

Absinthian

Neo Member
The Gamespot reviewer didn't take into account the female characters on the radio. Definitely not a good review considering the reviewer left out that detail while considering the portrayal of women in the game.

Loxley

Good lord, it actually had to be closed? I knew that place was going to be a cesspool but not even I thought it was going to get that messed up.

jsnepo

You guys think the download from EU is the same as the US? I'm asking because I can already download the EU file to my PC and will do the proxy thing to transfer it to my PS3 and unlock once 12MN EST comes.

Merino

Working nightshifts this week including tonight. Literally couldn't have been worst timing.
Probably won't have the time and energy to play at all untill this weekend at the earliest.

Ah well, what's a couple more days of waiting after all this time.

Scrabble

I agree, but to be fair... its really stupid to be complaining about the protagonists being bad men, and misogony, in a game which is about the criminal underworld....

Unfortunately some people can't separate having legitimate criticism on a review and personal attacks on a reviewer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm putting my chips on major story spoilers.

This is the only GTA thread that i click on. Fuck dem others yo ._,

Didn't see any of that, it seems to be just people bitching about low score and then bitching about high scores. I honestly don't think reviewers can ever win. If the game is worth a 10 and they give it that they get called out for being shills, if the game (in their opinion) is a 8 and they give it that they get called out for click-baiting.

Sad.

inky

lol what happened to the review thread?

Well, I haven't read it, but it was probably people getting their undies in a bunch over some meaningless numbers. Although the Escapist guy is the same that gave Dragon Age 2 -of all games- a 5/5, so I can imagine the reaction to that was pretty damn fun.

Welp, no game today. It's pretty strange that seemingly no one received the game from Shopto today even though they dispatched on Saturday. Makes me think they probably weren't actually sent out til today, which means there's a pretty big chance I won't receive it til Wednesday.

Hindle

Banned
Yeah, that's what some of the reviews have said about Trevor.

This reminds me that I'd really like to see R* make a game where you play as someone on the right side of the law. A cop, an FBI agent or something. Hell, maybe Agent would have been that (hopefully that thing hasn't been canceled). It might allow them to break out of the "bad guys getting pulled back in" thing.

Sorry I meant Trevor lol.

Edit. For a future GTA, I'd like to see a civilian character, someone who hasn't got any involvement in crime.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Drinking some beers to help with the last 6 hours of my wait. I may take a bath or something and just lay for ages, hopefully that passes a good 30 minutes.

Anything to pass the time really.

Man, I've actually been keeping myself busy these past few days. By doing things in the real world! It has been weird.

But now we are less than 12 hours out. Surreal.

CF22

V is just second to IV on Metacritics all-time list, I wonder if it will surpass IV? The reviews are pretty much what I expected many 10's with a few lower scores. I didn't expect such large gaming magazines or sites like GS or Game Informer to give them anything less than a 10.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Can anyone please confirm the native resolution for the ps3 version?

Am I daft in the head to hope for 1280x720?

That should be the base resolution, but some article posted earlier in the thread talked about it compromising on the resolution at times to keep the framerate up. So, sounds like the game has a dynamic resolution. Hopefully it's not very noticeable.

Honestly, I'm a bit worried about the violent nature of this game. I love GTA games mostly for their gameplay, but the crudeness of the story always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. It sucks because playing the main story missions is key to unlocking all of the cool things lol.

I'm hoping the story won't be too much for me to handle, causing me to give up on the story and just rely on GTA Online for my entertainment... Which, I guess, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom