• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if Amazon is supporting their trade-up offer (PS3 -> PS4) for this game? I thought I remember them announcing this the other week but wasn't sure for what games. Maybe just BF4....

b31ceb58061009d91258a9005917383d.png

Should I be worried, it has been almost 2 days and it hasn't moved. Or are the trackers sometimes wrong?

Should be fine, though the fact mine has about 380 miles to travel and hasn't left the hub is slightly worrying.

I know it needs to be in Glasgow and sorted before about 4am so still time I guess.

sappyday

I'm still uncertain how getting the game digitally is gonna work here PST. Also I'm a PS+ member so will the PS3 download the game automatically or do I have to do it manually?

dcx4610

Has there been anything official about a possible PS4 and XB1 port?

I just have too many games in my backlog right now and there's under 2 months left until the launch of the new systems. There just isn't enough time to dive into another 40+ hour game.

Tawpgun

I'm curious, Do you think GTA would have such a mega franchise if the setting was not American?

Well one of the big staples of GTA was being set in a Satirical America. But I think they could make it work elsewhere.

England/London would be cool. Can have some IRA shenanigans. Bring back Packie.

Tokyo Triad

But the next GTA should absolutely have 2 cities. I'd love to go back to Liberty City, have suburban/some wilderness between, and then a GTA version of Boston. Set it in the 70's or something. Pre-gentrified NYC. Southie mob families in Boston.

Loxley

Does anybody know if Amazon is supporting their trade-up offer (PS3 -> PS4) for this game? I thought I remember them announcing this the other week but wasn't sure for what games. Maybe just BF4....

Considering the PS4 version doesn't actually exist except in the imaginations of GAFers, I wouldn't think so.

Has there been anything official about a possible PS4 and XB1 port?

Nope. Some code was dug up mentioning the PS4's OS but aside from that - there hasn't been any evidence at all to suggest the game is being ported to next-gen consoles.

some little things i wished GTA4 had. Anybody wanna give me confirmation about these?

- windshield wipers when it rains
- right hand gear shifting animation while driving ricers from protag.
- proper arcadey powerslide/drift mechanics

This time?

I meant this time as in this exact instance - not to imply that the PS3 has has a superior version of a Rockstar game using the RAGE engine before this - just this time we were lead to think that the PS3 may have been lead console due to it's being shown to the press - and maybe it still is - just looking at the picture comparisons I had Max Payne 3 vibes regarding version differences.

Yet, Laslow says the PS3 version is the "stronger" horsepower version - whatever that means.

RealMeat

Banned
I'm curious, Do you think GTA would have such a mega franchise if the setting was not American?

No. It pulls too much from movies and pop culture. Also, if they mocked a different culture as harshly as they mocked American culture people would probably be (even more) offended.

I've seen some leaked videos and I'm extremely hyped, but I'm going to just buckle down and wait for the PC version. It's not worth it to rebuy a PS3 and HDTV just for this one game...

ruxtpin

Banned
These games are always fantastic. I always tell myself there's so much stuff I want to do in real-life, like sky diving, triathlons, working out, eating, going to sleep, etc. But I don't have to do any of that stuff because I can do it thru' the character/s in a GTA game. I was planning on scuba diving next year. Scratch that. Thought about buying a ping pong table. Fuck it!

Acorn

some little things i wished GTA4 had. Anybody wanna give me confirmation about these?

- windshield wipers when it rains
- right hand gear shifting animation while driving ricers from protag.
- proper arcadey powerslide/drift mechanics
The last gta had windshield wipers when it rained. Unless I'm imagining it.

Endo Punk

I don't think so tbh. GTA has set foot in London and never went back ever since. I don't think you can deny American pop culture influence on the world whereas other countries would just feel alien to the vast majority of casual and some hardcore gamers that enjoy GTA.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Ahahaha...I just had a laugh out loud moment (slight non-story based spoiler ahead):
I just got Franklin a new crib. To celebrate my homie stepping up in Los Santos, I decided to take Rosco for a walk to get a feel for the local area. I heard a cop car, looked both ways and crossed the street. Rosco was a bit slow to follow and managed to get hit by a random speeding police car in pursuit. I turned around to see him flying through the air down the street. After landing like a boss, Rosco returned to me when called and we are now continuing our walk.

Ok, now I'm ready!
I managed to get a few buckets, a little bit of slide and some snacks ready for tonight.

I think I'm going to get there 2-3 hours early so I don't have to wait so long to process the order once e hit midnight. I've got my vita nd Muramasa ready for the line.

Alienous

Not to spoil anything, but some websites are talking about a scene "everyone will be talking about" and whether it is necessary or not.

Needless to say, I'm excited. Bring on the controversy.

Mononoke

Banned
It's a massive open world game running on ancient hardware.

You just have to accept some limitations.

Yeah of course. I'm not saying I'm shocked. I dunno. I hope this comes out on PC or PS4 eventually. I always bummed when playing TLOU at how amazing it was, and how you could tell it was being held back/limited by the hardware.

dandoolan

A lot of people talking about noise from their xbox disk drive. I replaced mine last year, so maybe this is just me. But mines deadly silent regardless of what it's doing. I barely notice it's on, disk or not.

Tobor

Ok, now I'm ready!
I managed to get a few buckets, a little bit of slide and some snacks ready for tonight.

I think I'm going to get there 2-3 hours early so I don't have to wait so long to process the order once e hit midnight. I've got my vita nd Muramasa ready for the line.

Translation?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I have a 6 year old core 360 and my drive is as loud as they get and i don't find it a problem.

Oozer3993

It's meaningless. Just chose the platform of your choosing.

It looks like it's meaningless from the video content available out there. I'm comparing the 360 footage to my PS3 copy and I'm 20% through the main game. It looks really great and the versions appear to be incredibly close to one another. It's not at all like the earlier sub HD PS3 Rockstar conversions where there was a large IQ gap between the 360 and PS3 versions.

Thanks for the replies! Since I have more friends on the 360, I'll go with that.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I live in Finland, and my PSN preorder file info says that it unlocks at 01:00 am. Is that my local time or something else in PSN?

Amazon UK

I pre-ordered late (15th). Hearing horror stories from Amazon users now that orders after the 13th won't be available for delivery until the 30th of October now.

I live pretty out in the sticks when it comes to games now. Any local game supplier is a 20+ minute drive away, so I depend on Amazon pretty strongly for deliveries of my tech stuff.

At least I managed to order it for £35. Since going out of stock and not being available till the 30th of october they've put the price up by £5. Amazon logic I guess...

If it's really going to take that long I might chance waiting for a few pre-owned to flow into the market & go that route instead.

Wish I had a PS3 so I could go digital, xbox on demand is just a joke. Ah well, Ce la vie, still got a few hours of SR4 to polish off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom