• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

GAF help.

Im gonna play this shit from when I get home from work on tuesday to like 2 am.

But on Wednesday I should go to this club I'm a part of because I missed their first meeting, and my girlfriend will want to hang out that night but I want to play GTA :(

Lucky that online portion isn't coming out yet.

Let's do this:

gnoyOzA.jpg

NIN90

I dunno.. game looks kinda grimey. Jaggies everywhere. Also "nary a framerate flutter" my ass. It's all over the place.

UrbanRats

Any R* Warehouse (EU) customer who got his game shipped yet? I'm pretty pissed at R*, they assured me they would ship ahead of release, and still nothing.
Fuck them. last time i order anything there.

Any R* Warehouse (EU) customer who got his game shipped yet? I'm pretty pissed at R*, they assured me they would ship ahead of release, and still nothing.
Did you explicitly state you were EU?

If you were US, you'd get it launch day before 5PM, but I can't wait that long so I never order online anywhere.

Tourmeta

I live in Finland, and my PSN preorder file info says that it unlocks at 01:00 am. Is that my local time or something else in PSN?

I tried changing my timezone to bst+2 actually (am in bst+1 with it saying 1am) and it said it would be unlocked at 2am, so it seems it's 1am local time no matter what.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Still nothing. I'm working under the somewhat optimistic assumption that the 2nd email I recieved telling me "we took your money lolz" was in lieu of a shipping confirmation and that it'll arrive tomorrow. If that falls through, I won't be ordering off them again in a hurry.

Heck yes! My Amazon UK order just got dispatched. I'll have it on Wednesday. Not bad for a order from the Netherlands with free shipping.

If you're lucky, you'll get it earlier. Just check your code at tracktrace.nl
Amazon says wednesday also, but the PostNL site says mine will be here tomorrow :D

Doran902

so im in canada, and i pre ordered digitally, and i cant pre download or pre load and im assuming this will cause huge server crashes and psn fails tomorrow and slow downloads

so im guess i will be playing this game sometime later in the week

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My PS3 dusting/cleaning ritual is done (I always do that before playing a new big release), and I'll soon be heading off to the midnight launch. It's only about 8:35 yet, but I'm gonna take a few beers with a buddy before we head to the store. In about 4-5 hours I'll be playing the game!

jbortz78

I tried changing my timezone to bst+2 actually (am in bst+1 with it saying 1am) and it said it would be unlocked at 2am, so it seems it's 1am local time no matter what.

Awesome if its 1am, then I'll actually be able to try it out for like an hour before going to bed.

vilmer_

so im in canada, and i pre ordered digitally, and i cant pre download or pre load and im assuming this will cause huge server crashes and psn fails tomorrow and slow downloads

so im guess i will be playing this game sometime later in the week

I pre-ordered digitally as well, luckily today is my Saturday so I can at least stay up a bit and scream as my download crawls to a halt come 12:05AM.

Tekku

I heard there is a lock-on system in the game, like in GTA IV. Is there some way to turn it off? I really enjoy free aim, like in RDR if you turned on the option.

I'm in Canada and I got an email yesterday morning saying that it had shipped when in reality the shipping company had merely received the shipping information. It's nearly 3 in the afternoon and my copy is apparently still in Kentucky. I'd be shocked if it got here tomorrow. Probably going to go out and see if I can buy a copy of the special edition at retail and then when my warehouse copy arrives I'll just bring it into the store and return it.

I probably shouldn't have bothered ordering online.

nib95

Banned
Early comparison, looks like this game will trade blows? Now I'm not sure which version to get...

Comparison gif

If this is not OK or not the thread for this let me know and I will remove it.

Looks like the PS3 version looks better in some parts, the 360 better in others.

Take this comparison. 360 has the blue lights on the wheel, but the PS3 version has better textures bottom left and on that weird bricking in the centre.

PS3 top, 360 bottom.

gta-5-ps3-vs-xbox-360-ps31.jpg

gta-5-ps3-vs-xbox-360-xbox-360-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom