• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goomba64

Banned
My PS3 dusting/cleaning ritual is done (I always do that before playing a new big release), and I'll soon be heading off to the midnight launch. It's only about 8:35 yet, but I'm gonna take a few beers with a buddy before we head to the store. In about 4-5 hours I'll be playing the game!
any tips?

Derrick01

Banned
Early comparison, looks like this game will trade blows? Now I'm not sure which version to get...

It really does seem like a toss up. One version has more pop in, the other has a very slightly worse framerate and apparently slightly worse trees. Pick your poison and enjoy a technical marvel on both consoles.

tomshreds

Neo Member
Hey, I'd like to know. How big will the PS3 digital download will be tonight?

Just so I know if I'll be able to play it tonight or only tomorrow morning (I have a kick ass internet connection but I really highly doubt Sony's server will be able to respond to the demand)

sappyday

Just so I know if I'll be able to play it tonight or only tomorrow morning (I have a kick ass internet connection but I really highly doubt Sony's server will be able to respond to the demand)

You need 36GB of free space.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I heard there is a lock-on system in the game, like in GTA IV. Is there some way to turn it off? I really enjoy free aim, like in RDR if you turned on the option.

You can turn it off. Considering the gunplay is supposed to be just like Max Payne 3 but without the bullet time stuff(except for Michael who does actually have bullet time), that's exactly what I plan on doing.

Loudninja

It really does seem like a toss up. One version has more pop in, the other has a very slightly worse framerate and apparently slightly worse trees. Pick your poison and enjoy a technical marvel on both consoles.
Hmm I dont think I seen anyone talk about framerate form both version, most impressions were from the PS3 version.

Is there a chance the special edition will come back in stock shortly after launch? I don't know if I should just wait or go for standard. Hype is getting to me :p

aravuus

18GB

But like sappyday said, you need double that to install it.

I don't even know how much I trust the comparisions. We saw tons of side by sides that looked the same and then finally today someone has a pic where the ps3 version has no leaves. You never saw that in the other comparisions. I thought the 360 version had more jaggies near the camera so who knows.

UrbanRats

I'm in Canada and I got an email yesterday morning saying that it had shipped when in reality the shipping company had merely received the shipping information. It's nearly 3 in the afternoon and my copy is apparently still in Kentucky. I'd be shocked if it got here tomorrow. Probably going to go out and see if I can buy a copy of the special edition at retail and then when my warehouse copy arrives I'll just bring it into the store and return it.

I probably shouldn't have bothered ordering online.
I don't know what to do.
I'm almost tempted to pre-order it on the PSN.
A couple of hours left still.

I'm in Canada and I got an email yesterday morning saying that it had shipped when in reality the shipping company had merely received the shipping information. It's nearly 3 in the afternoon and my copy is apparently still in Kentucky. I'd be shocked if it got here tomorrow. Probably going to go out and see if I can buy a copy of the special edition at retail and then when my warehouse copy arrives I'll just bring it into the store and return it.

I probably shouldn't have bothered ordering online.

If it's like America, your copy should ship around 12 AM at night. It'll be on a plane and come tomorrow.

sephi22

Amazon hasn't shipped my order. Thinking on cancelling it and getting it on PSN.
Which countries store is letting users pre-load the game?

I am watching a live stream of both PS3 and 360. Regard the palm trees, the PS3 does have a bit more DOF when it comes to foliage. When you are up close, they look really good, but when afar, not so much. One positive note for the PS3, menus load up considerably faster. IMO, I would take the menu improvement over foliage.

Amazon hasn't shipped my order. Thinking on cancelling it and getting it on PSN.
Which countries store is letting users pre-load the game?

I wouldn't worry. Amazon/UPS/Fedex has logistics down to a science. By the time a tracking number is generated, its delivery route and times is completely planned out.

AdamMPSP

Anyone order from the Microsoft store and have their UPS tracking updated? I got order confirmation from MS on Friday, but still no update to my UPS tracking.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am watching a live stream of both PS3 and 360. Regard the palm trees, the PS3 does have a bit more DOF when it comes to foliage. When you are up close, they look really good, but when afar, not so much. One positive note for the PS3, menus load up considerably faster. IMO, I would take the menu improvement over foliage.

if that is true, any day.

also i'd love a PM for the live streams please.

SJRB

Gold Member
kN31RdR.gif

3 hours until midnight launch. Heavy autumn storm going on, rain/hailstorms. It's going to be brutal.

PM me the stream link please :).

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the replies! Since I have more friends on the 360, I'll go with that.

Happy to help :) The 360 version would be the safer bet. I would have done the same but I was offered an early PS3 copy, so I wasn't going to knock that back. I don't think you can really go wrong with either version though. Enjoy!

I'm just pimping out my car at the moment and getting ready for some street races. The car handling is sublime once it all clicks.

When is Digital Foundry doing their analysis of GTV?

Later today I believe.

Soup Bar

I won't get my copy until Wednesday. At least my preorder bonus was 12 dollars thanks to newegg. I've had this baby preordered for a year because of that deal they offered.

Gangxxter

Is already known if the digital Special/Collector's Edition bonuses (extra clothing, weapons, vehicles) are really exclusive to those Editions or are they also available in the Standard Edition, but not available for free/from the beginning of the game (you have to unlock them somehow ingame)?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
My mate's coming to pick me up in 3 hours for the midnight launch, this is going SLOOOWWWWWW.

Just a quick question about the first 2 hours of the game.

after you do the Franklin mission they tell you each character have their own unique car, so Franklin has that white Dodge like looking car. Which one is Michael's?

nib95

Banned
So what are we looking at so far?

360 - Better distant tree's
PS3 - Better texture filtering
PS3 - Faster menu loading
Both - Slightly different gamma as is usually the case

That DF comparison can't come soon enough! I don't have this pre-ordered and will be picking it up in store on a friends staff discount, so I could get any version.

Just a quick question about the first 2 hours of the game.

after you do the Franklin mission they tell you each character have their own unique car, so Franklin has that white Dodge like looking car. Which one is Michael's?

Quoted for new page.

ieatzombies

I honestly can not wait to start diving. Middle of the day. Taking my boat out (Dexter style) and the sun is brightly shining. I take a dive in the ocean and scavenge the depths for anything of wonder and all of a sudden above me a thunderstorm breaks loose.

I am 25 yet my fantasy is on the roll with this game :lol
Exactly! It's going to be serene. Great scenario!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
3 more hours till i go down to the supermarket and scout out the size of the queue and wait in the car till midnight or stand in it.

Fedele

So what are we looking at so far?

360 - Better distant tree's
PS3 - Better texture filtering
PS3 - Faster menu loading
Both - Slightly different gamma as is usually the case

That DF comparison can't come soon enough! I don't have this pre-ordered and will be picking it up in store on a friends staff discount, so I could get any version.

If the details have to be pointed like that, I think it's safe to say they must be looking virtually the same (at least for me, that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom