• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

krpiper

Anyone still installing? I don't think it looks that much worse, and my 360 sounds like a jet engine when I play a game from the disc :(

Gaz_RB

Less than twelve hours now. I think my plan is going to be me getting there at 10, getting my receipt all verified, and then coming back around midnight to stand in the line which usually moves like lightning once midnight hits.

There's no way they'll run out of copies at Gamestop right?

Marleyman

Banned
Reading a few reviews I am not liking what I hear about the driving. I thought they nailed driving w/ GTA IV. Things like all cars now handling similarly is a bad thing IMO; if you are driving a beater you shouldn't be able to make tight turns, etc.

hayguyz

Banned
Debating a last minute preorder versus just getting later. Can you still preorder from Amazon and get the blimp?

What's the point of the blimp, just to gaze at the city from up high? Can you parachute out of the blimp? Is it at an airfield somewhere?

krpiper

Reading a few reviews I am not liking what I hear about the driving. I thought they nailed driving w/ GTA IV. Things like all cars now handling similarly is a bad thing IMO; if you are driving a beater you shouldn't be able to make tight turns, etc.

I thought I read that all the handling is varied

Nonentity

I changed my Amazon billing information yesterday, but then realized I had to switch it back this morning. Ship date then changed from 17th to 19th.

I'm in Los Angeles, but now I'm considering just cancelling it and going to track down a physical copy at Best Buy or something if it's gonna get delayed.

Dug

Banned
Less than twelve hours now. I think my plan is going to be me getting there at 10, getting my receipt all verified, and then coming back around midnight to stand in the line which usually moves like lightning once midnight hits.

There's no way they'll run out of copies at Gamestop right?
Yeah, my plan too. Wonder if there will be any codes on the receipts so I can go home and download it then come back.

Derrick01

Banned

It was like that in IV except instead of everything handling tight turns they slid like they were on ice.

So what are we looking at so far?

360 - Better distant tree's
PS3 - Better texture filtering
PS3 - Faster menu loading
Both - Slightly different gamma as is usually the case

That DF comparison can't come soon enough! I don't have this pre-ordered and will be picking it up in store on a friends staff discount, so I could get any version.

I kindd of find it depressing that people can't tell by looking which is better and are waiting for a third party to tell them. If we can't figure this out then it's probably a break-even (which is great)

Megasoum

Banned
Ughhhhh... I technically have tomorrow and Wednesday off but I have so much stuff to do at work that I might have to cut short on the vacations. Being an adult sucks lol.

Gaz_RB

Yeah, my plan too. Wonder if there will be any codes on the receipts so I can go home and download it then come back.

I think the blimp comes in the packaging unfortunately. Unless you got the special edition, the stuff that comes with that might be on the receipt, but I'm not sure. Normally it's just Gamestop exclusive stuff that's on the reciepts.

I'm not sure what I'll do, I just don't want to wait at Gamestop for 2 hours.

...especially not my gamestop

Watching 2 PS3 streams now and both have clouds in it...

I can't believe like half that page was just debating if they're were clouds in the PS3 version...
Like when they were debating if car damage was in the game when the leaks started happening

Grisby

Fell into the hype. I haven't finished a GTA game since the original. It's the gifs in the spoiler thread that have sold me.

Didn't really read a lot the reviews but how long is the main game looking like? Was thinking of just doing the story missions so I could at least try and finish this one (although that's probably a given considering we finally have a mainline gta game with checkpoints).

RS4-

Thanks.

Do you know if I lose the car if it will show yo again as part of a mission?

You'll always have those specific cars

Fell into the hype. I haven't finished a GTA game since the original. It's the gifs in the spoiler thread that have sold me.

Didn't really read a lot the reviews but how long is the main game looking like? Was thinking of just doing the story missions so I could at least try and finish this one (although that's probably a given considering we finally have a mainline gta game with checkpoints).

If it's story only, maybe 15-20

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Anyone get a shipping notice from MS Store on Friday, yet the tracking hasn't updated yet? Gettin' a little worried...

anddo0

Not really, I just vacuum the vents (not right on at full power, not sure that's good for it) and then wipe the whole thing off with a damp cloth.

If you have a Slim (not good for the Phat). You can do a fan test. It's sorta like a self clean. All you have to do is pull out the power cord, hold down the eject button, plug the power cord back in.

Maxy

Banned
How can it be that there is no real frame rate test between the consoles out yet? Since both look fantastic with really minor differences I think it all comes down to the frame rate for me.

Enthus

Does anyone want to try to convince me to wait until the PC release? I have 1.5 hours left to pre-order on Amazon to get it tomorrow.

Does anyone want to try to convince me to wait until the PC release? I have 1.5 hours left to pre-order on Amazon to get it tomorrow.

Just click on buy now. The game is running great on consoles. Plus, 2 weeks to GTA Online can keep more than busy until next year

Branson

Dude. GTAV is releasing tomorrow. You can PLAY IT TOMORROW. Ill double dip for sure once it comes out on PC but I can't wait any longer.

AkuMifune

Banned
Well that's one way to downplay legit criticism. I guess when there's no actual argument to counter it you have to use it though.

One I learned the nuances of driving in IV I could go from one side of the map to the other at top speed without so much as clipping another vehicle. And it was always thrilling. Lots of people who got good at driving in IV will agree. Only people who suck or never took the time to learn them still complain.

So no, no energy is needed on the eve of V to defend IV's driving anymore. The only legit criticism against them was that you had to learn.

Are people serious with the ps3 version? I can't tell anymore. Yesterday it was people asking if the ps3 version had traffic and now it's no clouds? It's pretty much fine.

Gangxxter

My thoughts about the printed manual:

I think it's kinda sad that there is only a 5-ish pages manual inside the game case. I always loved the detailed and creative manuals of the past GTA games. Too bad they dropped this.
On the other side I have to admit, I only skimmed through the IV manual once, although it seemed to be very well written and to be quite entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom