• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
544544_10153240680650290_1840909228_n.jpg
huh is this you?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Still haven't got shipping confirmation.

The temptation to go out and get it at midnight in a few hours is very, very real.
I'd have to deal with the hassle of sending the ordered one back though.

Decisions, decisions.

coughlanio

I wish I was still able for all nighters, or I booked tomorrow off, but I'm just back from 10 days vacation, so wasn't really an option :(

Derrick01

Banned
One I learned the nuances of driving in IV I could go from one side of the map to the other at top speed without so much as clipping another vehicle. And it was always thrilling. Lots of people who got good at driving in IV will agree. Only people who suck or never took the time to learn them still complain.

So no, no energy is needed on the eve of V to defend IV's driving anymore. The only legit criticism against them was that you had to learn.

You can make that excuse about every bad mechanic in any game.

"Once I got used to the awfulness it didn't feel as awful anymore"

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

The temptation to go out and get it at midnight in a few hours is very, very real.

Decisions, decisions.
No. You just take the ordered one back to your local store. As long as they are the exact same versions there will be no problem.

Ok,ve decided to go to the store way too early for the midnight launch. I'm going to sitting around waiting no matter what I do. The goal is to get home as soon as possible after midnight and I want to be near the front of the line.

nowai

I have an original fat 60gb ps3.....

Why do people keep saying that this game will kill their ps3s??? To be honest i don't have a lot of mileage on the system...but fans do get loud...and I haven't turned it on in at least 6 months... Should I be worried that this game will kill it???

You didn't play TLoU?!

You can make that excuse about every bad mechanic in any game.

"Once I got used to the awfulness it didn't feel as awful anymore"

I think there's a Superman 64 review like that

either way, unless the controls are outright BROKEN, things like this are always gonna be personal preference. Luckily, V seems to have found a happy medium so there won't be years of "Just how bad was GTAV's driving lulz" in the inevitable backlash threads and "LTTP: GTAV - That's it!?!?/When does this get good again?"

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just playing some RDR (been forever) until the GTAV DL goes live... and man this game is way more clunky than I remember.

I hope for GTAV that R* has finally discovered there are such things as analog sticks, and their amazing ability to control more than one movement speed without additional button presses.

I can't remember if MP3 fixed this or not... but movement is just super clunky in RDR.

Derrick01

Banned

Decisions, decisions.

I thought about going to the midnight launch but the gamestop near me is expecting 300 people to show and if you don't go get your receipt finalized or whatever they called it then you don't get to stand in the express line. I guess it's like Disney World, although if 100 people get their receipt finalized you still have to fucking wait in a long line.

So I said screw it I'll just get it tomorrow morning.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you have a Slim (not good for the Phat). You can do a fan test. It's sorta like a self clean. All you have to do is pull out the power cord, hold down the eject button, plug the power cord back in.

I have a Phat, and I believe I did do that once. :D But yeah, I know it's not recommended.

So this pay at 10pm then pickup at midnight at gamestop.

does it literally have to be then, or can I just wonder in after work at 6pm and pay if off? sounds crazy if not

Decisions, decisions.

You could always buy the game from a store, and return the copy you got shipped to you to that store. Granted, I'm not sure if it's legal to do so.

J Jizzle

Awesome! My Neogaf account gets approved just in time to join the last few hours of the GTA V hype party! Preload is finally done on PSN (after downloading for the third time due to corrupted data) and I have a coffee with plenty of snacks by my side. Let's do this!

DogMeat77

So this pay at 10pm then pickup at midnight at gamestop.

does it literally have to be then, or can I just wonder in after work at 6pm and pay if off? sounds crazy if not

You can pay it off whenever, but normally the 10pm thing is about marking receipts so that when midnight hits they can hustle everyone through.

SJRB

Gold Member
Have to cycle for 25 minutes to get to the store first, but it's worth it.

Same! And it's storming so it'll be a blast [not]. I hope it isn't TOO crowded though, I don't want to stand in line in the pouring rain for two fucking hours in the middle of the night.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded it for the second time, still failing? It really isn't supposed to happen?

Nope, what error message do you get exactly ? I just downloaded, installed, it said 'install complete' and now it's on my game menu with me waiting for 'unlock' time.

Only things I can think of are to either redownload and/or check that you have at least another 20gigs or so free for the installation.

I thought about going to the midnight launch but the gamestop near me is expecting 300 people to show and if you don't go get your receipt finalized or whatever they called it then you don't get to stand in the express line. I guess it's like Disney World, although if 100 people get their receipt finalized you still have to fucking wait in a long line.

So I said screw it I'll just get it tomorrow morning.

Why would you preorder at gamestop? I'm going to a walmart, personally. They always have small launches that are get-in-get-out.

I am so sorry.

Slyonic

Neo Member
Nope, what error message do you get exactly ? I just downloaded, installed, it said 'install complete' and now it's on my game menu with me waiting for 'unlock' time.

Only thinsg I can think of are to either redownload and/or check that you have at least another 20gigs or so free for the installation.
Trying to install again. Recommended actions say the data may be corrupt.. Two times in a row?! Definitely have enough space, btw

Raven77

I'm very confused by anyone in the U.S. that orders high profile hotly anticipated titles from online retailers...

Every single OT for a game like this is the same story over and over of tons of people not getting it day one.

Do some of you not have Wal Marts near you? Is it the transportation (no car, etc.)? Are you getting a discount from Amazon???

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom