• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DukeBobby

My thoughts about the printed manual:

I think it's kinda sad that there is only a 5-ish pages manual inside the game case. I always loved the detailed and creative manuals of the past GTA games. Too bad they dropped this.
On the other side I have to admit, I only skimmed through the IV manual once, although it seemed to be very well written and to be quite entertaining.

Damn.

What am I supposed to read on the toilet now?

smr00

Banned
Anyone know the full download size on PSN? I feel something coming on like a head cold a flu and im thinking about just buying it off PSN and having it download because i have a feeling whatever is going on is gonna hit me hard to the point where i wont want to drive or even move.

Gangxxter

Does anyone want to try to convince me to wait until the PC release? I have 1.5 hours left to pre-order on Amazon to get it tomorrow.
Wait! You'll get better visuals and better framerate. You'll also probably get all those pre-order/Special/Collector's Edition DLCs for free in some kind of a GOTY package.

I'm worried about this 360 playing from disc requirement. I'm convinced the only reason my 360 has lasted this long has been due to installs. I went through 4 of them prior to that change

Anyone know the full download size on PSN? I feel something coming on like a head cold a flu and im thinking about just buying it off PSN and having it download because i have a feeling whatever is going on is gonna hit me hard to the point where i wont want to drive or even move.

18 gigabytes I think. You'll need 36 free to install it though

Is there an option to pre-load the game on PSN in the US? I pre-ordered on PSN yesterday, but didn't see any way to download it yet. Or do I just have to wait until 12:01AM?

I wonder what the chances are that all three protagonists turn on each other before the end of the game and you get to witness and play it through all three perspectives.

f0nz0

I have an original fat 60gb ps3.....

Why do people keep saying that this game will kill their ps3s??? To be honest i don't have a lot of mileage on the system...but fans do get loud...and I haven't turned it on in at least 6 months... Should I be worried that this game will kill it???

My thoughts about the printed manual:

I think it's kinda sad that there is only a 5-ish pages manual inside the game case. I always loved the detailed and creative manuals of the past GTA games. Too bad they dropped this.
On the other side I have to admit, I only skimmed through the IV manual once, although it seemed to be very well written and to be quite entertaining.

The fuck? No more thick manuals with a bunch of comedic gold? End of an era :/

vilmer_

Is there an option to pre-load the game on PSN in the US? I pre-ordered on PSN yesterday, but didn't see any way to download it yet. Or do I just have to wait until 12:01AM?

We have to wait, unfortunately. I really have no idea why we have no pre-load option in North America :/

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Reading a few reviews I am not liking what I hear about the driving. I thought they nailed driving w/ GTA IV. Things like all cars now handling similarly is a bad thing IMO; if you are driving a beater you shouldn't be able to make tight turns, etc.

It's definitely varied between standard models. Franklin's standard car is a dog compared to my modded 80's Pontiac Trans-Am look alike that I use for street races. You can upgrade brakes, turbo, exhaust, suspension etc to improve handling.

I'm annoyed that the "classic" button layout for driving is not an option.

That's a minor grievance that I have as well. Hopefully they patch that control option in. The triggers on the Dual Shock 3 aren't the greatest.

smr00

Banned
18 gigabytes I think. You'll need 36 free to install it though
Awesome, i was afraid it was going to go the max payne/uncharted route and be like 20-30gb. I am confident enough in my connection that i can get 18gb done within a couple of hours.

Assuming PSN servers don't explode.

Why do people keep saying that this game will kill their ps3s??? To be honest i don't have a lot of mileage on the system...but fans do get loud...and I haven't turned it on in at least 6 months... Should I be worried that this game will kill it???
People have been claiming this about every big release.

They said Last of Us was destroying phat ps3's and i played through Last of Us twice on my launch PS3 with no problems. I recently upgraded to a super slim but even if i had my phatty hooked up i wouldn't be concerned. Just make sure you clean your PS3, i know a few people who had their fatty burn out but the inside looked filthy and had a disgusting amount of dust build up so if you are at all worried i would say just do a nice cleaning to set your mind to ease some.

Voidance

I wonder what the chances are that all three protagonists turn on each other before the end of the game and you get to witness and play it through all three perspectives.
I thought the same thing when they announced the three protagonists. Seems fitting, given the subject material and each character's career choice.

Also, I freaking love your avatar.

No game has pushed my ps3 to the limit like The Last Of Us. If yours survived that, it will certainly survive GTA 5

clock-511x340.jpg

Gangxxter

The fuck? No more thick manuals with a bunch of comedic gold? End of an era :/
My thoughts exactly. At least in the Standard/Special Edition only a thin booklet which only tells you the controls is included. Don't know about the Collector's Edition though, only have seen an unboxing video of the Standard/Special Edit.

Not sure how I feel about the OP in this thread. It's very nice but almost a little gross. I'm not sure when OTs stop becoming OTs and become more of a PR material. I can appriciate the effort though.
Making OTs for games is a weird thing.

I make them partly because I'm interested in the game but also as a means of practicing some aspect of writing or design work. My original plan was to practice magazine layout, then design some graphics for some made-up brands, and make a mobile friendly map of Los Santos as a JavaScript exercise. Unfortunately the map and locations were unavailable and I've been really busy with life to have the time to commit to the from scratch branding designs not to mention accompanying copy.

I agree and see your point, it was my plan to have graphics that correspond to a particular topic in GTAwhich I may still do, ie narrative structure, Rockstar's humor, etc.

So as I say, making OTs is a weird thing. It's straddling multiple viewpoints within given constraints. You want to be informative but not reveal too much, fit within the games tone or compliment it to match the vibe of discussion and look, etc, etc.

We have to wait, unfortunately. I really have no idea why we have no pre-load option in North America :/

Ah man, that's a bummer. I guess I will have to stay up until midnight and let it download overnight then. I'm planning on taking a sick day from work tomorrow so at least once I wake up, the game should hopefully have downloaded with no issues. I hear that the install takes about an hour on the PS3 though -- according to a co-worker. Not sure if that's true or not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuckfuckfuckfuckufkg

HYPPPEEE

Symphonia

Banned
I'm so fucking hyped for this game. I've got a three-day weekend ahead of me and I plan to spend every last minute of it playing GTA V.

Ogni-XR21

After a friend of mine got his copy from Amazon today (Germany) I decided to hit a retailer and maybe 2 minutes before I asked them about the game they told me they just got the green light from managment to sell it today. Lucky me.

PS3 version here, nothing to complain about yet. But I suck at
driving and shooting at the same time

DogMeat77

most people are probably concerned due to the last of us, as it supposedly sent a few good phats to ps3 heaven. others had no problem. I wouldn't worry about it, I'm not anyhow. my og phat is a champion.

cdkee

Banned
Debating a last minute preorder versus just getting later. Can you still preorder from Amazon and get the blimp?

What's the point of the blimp, just to gaze at the city from up high? Can you parachute out of the blimp? Is it at an airfield somewhere?

I don't think the blimp is exclusive to preorders. I think it comes with all games in the first run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom