• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Check your actual UPS. Amazon did this to me once, turns out UPS has a "early delivery" for it that doesn't show up through your Amazon orders page

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Nothing for over 14 hours

AkuMifune

Banned
You can make that excuse about every bad mechanic in any game.

"Once I got used to the awfulness it didn't feel as awful anymore"

Now you're making an assumption that a bad mechanic can be mastered. Which, if true, makes it at least a well programmed bad mechanic. But I also liked it! So no, it wasn't awful.

More like, you weren't instantly good and immediately rejected it, much like many modern gamers who craves instant gratification over meaningful skill development.

Not that anyone would ever accuse you of being quickly judgmental...

WjAsLkL.png

8U7UBgY.gif

I almost feel bad for getting mine delivered today.

almost

Derrick01

Banned
Why would you preorder at gamestop? I'm going to a walmart, personally. They always have small launches that are get-in-get-out.

I regret doing it now but I paid for over half the game with the last of us. I think from now on with huge games like this I'm just going to try wal mart.

Loudninja

Hey Eurogamer Spain has some technical details on the PS3 version can someone translate?

Crappy machine translation
Finally there is the technical issue, a section that had us all intrigued after months and months of rumors about a time-of-existant PC version or next-gen consoles. Again, it should invoke the spirit of San Andreas and those 27 million units accounted strategic advantage when launching the game just to make sure all possible sales as swan song of a generation. Thus, as a multiplatform title for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, GTA V is a total technical prowess. For this test we played the PS3 version and the world looks and moves beyond belief. Yes, it is clearly not the game with smooth framerate we've tested, but also the general feeling of disbelief is all you can give him the current game consoles, and never suffers beyond what time. Special mention for the care and pampering in the facial animations and expressions that are already above the street of LA Noire , and as always, work and artistic concept lighting barbarian, capable of turning any game capturing a postcard memorable and exuberant.
http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/analisis-de-grand-theft-auto-5

Hey, I'd like to know. How big will the PS3 digital download will be tonight?

Just so I know if I'll be able to play it tonight or only tomorrow morning (I have a kick ass internet connection but I really highly doubt Sony's server will be able to respond to the demand)

Takes about 50 minutes but do it from Playstation Store, don't download in background and just let it install itself.

(I previously did it via download list, it took 4 hours and had a corrupt data at 14% when I installed it - as did other members too).

THEF3AR

First post here on GAF! Right in time for GTA!

Anyways... Who is excited??!! Damn, it feels to good to be a grown ass man and be excited about this!!

Trying to install again. Recommended actions say the data may be corrupt.. Two times in a row?! Definitely have enough space, btw

Delete GTA.

Install via Playstation Store only:-

Takes about 50 minutes but do it from Playstation Store, don't download in background and just let it install itself.

(I previously did it via download list, it took 4 hours and had a corrupt data at 14% when I installed it - as did other members too).

Hope this helps.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
You can make that excuse about every bad mechanic in any game.

"Once I got used to the awfulness it didn't feel as awful anymore"

I'm not sure if you can justifiably call it "bad" if it is a system with nuances that can be mastered, can you? I really liked the driving myself.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Nothing for over 14 hours

Assuming you had release date delivery, I wouldn't worry. In fact, I'd call them now and check on it but I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow.

Yes Boss!

I'm very confused by anyone in the U.S. that orders high profile hotly anticipated titles from online retailers...

Every single OT for a game like this is the same story over and over of tons of people not getting it day one.

Do some of you not have Wal Marts near you? Is it the transportation (no car, etc.)? Are you getting a discount from Amazon???

I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, I'm genuinely curious.

No car. Walmart it s good 90-minute walk one way. Plus, live on a military post that has only box mail so I have most everything sent to my PO Box about a fifteen minute walk away. And super saver shipping means Amazon sends it usually a day or so after release. I tend to get Tuesday releases by Friday, though.

No biggie as I just tend to look at the released if they were a few days later. Suck for some of the big Nintendo games but I've adapted. Plenty of other things to play.

Loudninja

TheSixthAxis
It’s not the most visually stunning game you’ll ever play, although it certainly has its moments. The frame rate in very busy areas, or at top speed on busy highways, seems to dip slightly below 30fps (PS3 version tested) and the lip syncing and facial animations look a tiny bit rough compared to some recent big budget releases but when you place that in the context of such a huge and busy game world, no noticeable in-game loading times and the sheer scale of opportunities on offer, it’s a remarkable and unprecedented achievement
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/16/grand-theft-auto-v-review/

Eurogamer Italy they do seem impress with the game on a technical level.
In most hectic situations could happen to notice the loss of a few frames or occasionally may happen to see some loading problem or textures of certain objects, but nothing that affects the overall result. Also because the city will flow under your eyes seamlessly, eliminating virtually every part of the long initial loading and the need to move from one character to another outside of the missions. The cost was a long and exhausting mandatory installation on your hard disk.
http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/2013-09-16-grand-theft-auto-v-gta-5-review-recensione

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
At least i'm lucky to live right in the city center, my local gamestore is like a two minute bike ride away.
Mine is seven minutes, but I crashed my bike in July and still haven't gotten it fixed. So now it's going to be a 15 minute walk, lol.

lem0n

mfw i see all these people complaining that their shipment is not coming for another day or two/preload is taking forever and then i remember im going to midnight launch so theres no need to be worried

Well++++I+forgot+to+upload+mfw+_505a48b723a5f5b111b3872cc2529473.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this is the most hyped I've been for a game since Halo Reach in 2010.

lem0n

Its my birthday today too...where is my gifts from Microsoft...

At least I get an ice cream cake...TAKE THAT PAINKILLER :(

Actually I found out I may lose my job today...that was my birthday present...thank you company wide layoffs...
More time to play!

Kidding, I'm sorry about that news, I hope it's not true. Keep your head up.

Oh, and happy birthday :]

Tekku

What's the first thing you guys are gonna do in the game? I think I'm gonna go on a rampage as soon as possible, to try out the new shooting and driving mechanics. Will probably do it with Trevor. :D

lem0n

What's the first thing you guys are gonna do in the game? I think I'm gonna go on a rampage as soon as possible, to try out the new shooting and driving mechanics. Will probably do it with Trevor. :D
I plan on getting a car, putting on a station I like, probably FlyLo, and cruise about and take in the scenery.

Hale-XF11

Can't decide if I should hit up my local 24-hour Walmart first or Gamestop first later tonight. I get the feeling both stores will be crowded.

Derrick01

Banned

Definitely going to test how well humans bounce off vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom