• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

My work day is almost over, and then I can switch over to debating something that really matters: deciding between going to a midnight launch, stopping by a store in the morning or downloading the Day 1 Digital version.

Yes, I just saw a tweet from rockstar to someone who asked this.

IpF3O6o.png
The PSN store has a note which states the game will be available to download at 3 AM EDT Tuesday morning. Unfortunately.

nib95

Banned
A quick and dirty one:

"Finally, you have the technical aspect, an area that had us all intrigued for months and months amid rumors of a PC or next-generation console version. Again, it is worthwhile to invoke the spirit of San Andreas and those 27 million units sold that took advantage of a strategic launch of the game just in time to assure the maximum amount of sales possible at the turn of a console generation. As a multiplatform title for PS3 and Xbox 360, GTA V is a technical marvel. For this analysis, we have played the PS3 version and the world looks and moves incredibly. Yes, it is true that it’s not the game with the smoothest frame rate that we have ever played, but equally the general consensus is amazement at how the game is pushing the console hardware—and at no time does it feel any less than the end of the current generation. Special mention goes to the detail and motions of the animations and facial expressions that are even better than L.A. Noire, and as always, the awesome lighting work and art, capable of converting any screen capture of the game into a memorable and exciting postcard."

Cheers dude.

Dave_6

Mine shipped a couple hours ago from Amazon (I'm in the US if it matters). I've never once had a problem not getting a major release like this on release day from them.

tookhster

Can anyone who has already played this on PS3 tell me how long the install takes? (for the disc version)

Just found out that my package is expected to be here by 10:30 AM tomorrow and I'm wondering if I could sneak in a few mins of gameplay before class.

Can anyone who has already played this on PS3 tell me how long the install takes? (for the disc version)

Just found out that my package is expected to be here by 10:30 AM tomorrow and I'm wondering if I could sneak in a few mins of gameplay before class.

I asked someone this earlier and they said 15 minutes.

I'm regretting preordering the digital file on PSN. I thought the preload was for everyone and not just EU. I work nights so I may just take my lunch at midnight and drive home to start the download.

Hoping its downloaded and installed by the time I get to play it tomorrow afternoon.

MercuryLS

Banned
A quick and dirty one:

"Finally, you have the technical aspect, an area that had us all intrigued for months and months amid rumors of a PC or next-generation console version. Again, it is worthwhile to invoke the spirit of San Andreas and those 27 million units sold that took advantage of a strategic launch of the game just in time to assure the maximum amount of sales possible at the turn of a console generation. As a multiplatform title for PS3 and Xbox 360, GTA V is a technical marvel. For this analysis, we have played the PS3 version and the world looks and moves incredibly. Yes, it is true that it’s not the game with the smoothest frame rate that we have ever played, but equally the general consensus is amazement at how the game is pushing the (current generation) console hardware—and at no time does it feel any less than [a game being released at] the end of the current console generation. Special mention goes to the detail and motions of the animations and facial expressions that are even better than L.A. Noire, and as always, the awesome lighting work and art, capable of converting any screen capture of the game into a memorable and exciting postcard."

The one thing that blows me away are the explosions, they looks so fucking good. Most current gen games have shitty explosions, GTAV's look spectacular.

Ya no

My work day is almost over, and then I can switch over to debating something that really matters: deciding between going to a midnight launch, stopping by a store in the morning or downloading the Day 1 Digital version.

The PSN store has a note which states the game will be available to download at 3 AM EDT Tuesday morning. Unfortunately.

Have you seen this tweets though?

AyrXoUo.png

ToFtdUU.png

I don't know what to believe... I guess I'll fine out in a few hours I should be up til 12 anyways.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
My friends say they haven't had an email either.
Really thats not promising
GAME better deliver tomorrow, I didn't book a day off for nothing, noway I'm working rotating shifts while GTAV sit on my shelf in shrink rap for a week,
no_no_no_cop_out.gif

We are not worthy.

As someone ho's double-dipped on every GTA game they've released thus far and who plans on triple dipping GTAV, I am worthy.

Sorry to hear you're not, brah. :p

SO I got home from work, I'm gonna have a nice five hour sleep, wake up and take the wife out for dinner, pick up my half ounce from my friendly neighboroughood dealer, go to the midnight release, get my Special Edition, install dat 8GB, fire up a joint and . . . go home.

It's been a wonderful journey with you all. I may post pics via iPhone from my midnight launch. :)

USC-fan

Banned
No preloading on PSN sucks! Sony needs to fix that shit. They should at least make it so you can auto download it. Now i have to stay up late just to start the download.....ugh

omonimo

Banned
ps3 here. Graphic is great, fps seems good too, but during the shooter session, it suffer of inpunt lag, in my opinion. Probably this game is too much for this generation.

Hale-XF11

My local Gamestop opens its doors at 11pm. They say they'll have more than enough copies for everyone, including those that didn't pre-order, so that's nice. I'm probably still gonna hit up Walmart first though to see if it's crowded, since I can just stand inside the store for a bit without having to wait outside.

Dyno

One thing has been on my mind throughout the day. If you can get in a plane and fly around, what kind of mess does it make when you smash into the city?

I have no ideological agenda, just a morbid curiosity. How does the game handle it?

Tawpgun

One thing has been on my mind throughout the day. If you can get in a plane and fly around, what kind of mess does it make when you smash into the city?

I have no ideological agenda, just a morbid curiosity. How does the game handle it?
Probably run away, maybe police get involved. MAYBE fire trucks.

Wreck despawns eventually

iiicon

Have you seen this tweets though?

AyrXoUo.png

ToFtdUU.png

I don't know what to believe... I guess I'll fine out in a few hours I should be up til 12 anyways.

I have, but when you add GTA V to your cart here, the website says the game will be available at Midnight Pacific, just like every other Day 1 Digital title available at midnight to date. I agree that Sony and Rockstar have been pretty bad about clarifying this on twitter, though. Especially for something as anticipated as this.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm still not sure why people take something read on twitter over seeing this on the PSN store on the PS3 itself.

image-24.jpg

Tourmeta

I'm gonna sacrifice seeing the game unlock at 1am and just have a lovely early morning with it... See you on the other side! *hype*

Watched a bit of Kotaku's vid.

Pretty cool how each character sports one of the 3 main smartphone OS's:

Franklin - Android
Michael - iPhone
Trevor - Windows Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom