• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

lem0n

How much space do I need on a PS3 for install purposes. ( Disc version ) ?

Thanks.
I've seen multiple answers, but I've heard almost 40gb, because it needs 18 to install, and another 18 for the installer packages and whatnot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I saw this the other day.

Laranja

Well, I just ordered a brand new PS3 with a copy of GTA V. I'm a weak, weak man.

Still, it'll feel great to finally get to play all the games I've had to drop when my fat triple died. Once I'm done with this one, that is.

This game is pure bliss. PS3 version and loving it. Amazing visuals considering the dated hardware. Its going to be a long night and even a longer day tomorrow at work.

Nice job R*

Mr E.

I've seen multiple answers, but I've heard almost 40gb, because it needs 18 to install, and another 18 for the installer packages and whatnot. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I saw this the other day.
Shiiiit, for the disc version?? I thought maybe 8 gig and the rest read of the Blu-ray.

Oh fuck.

What's the first thing you guys are gonna do in the game? I think I'm gonna go on a rampage as soon as possible, to try out the new shooting and driving mechanics. Will probably do it with Trevor. :D

opposite

I wanna do a non violent exploration, bikes, beach, scuba, golf, tennis, admire countryside, obey the traffic lights

make it all the more impactful when I emulate Heat

Yawnier

Banned
So guys and girls, I've been away from the internet and gaf all day.

Did I miss anything worthwhile aside from the GTA V review thread going to shit?

Tourmeta

What's the first thing you guys are gonna do in the game? I think I'm gonna go on a rampage as soon as possible, to try out the new shooting and driving mechanics. Will probably do it with Trevor. :D

Try and get into the airport probably! After walking around the city. (I'll probably get lost and end up doing a ton of weird stuff, but airports the plan!)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as the game gives me the freedom to do whatever I want I'm going to go on a bike ride, take my dog for a walk, and kill some cops. The perfect day. <3

Hoo-doo

Banned
As soon as I get in the city proper, i'm just going to walk around. Jump some fences here and there. See the sights, explore the area. No missions.

The murdering sprees will come later.

Mr E.

It's going to be around 8/9 gigs. The 36 gig requirement is only for the PSN version.
Thank you very much.

Does the 8/9 gigs need 18 gig free space due to the way it installs? Or am I installing 4gig worth hence the 8/9 gig space needed.

Sorry for what maybe a daft question.
I want to sort out space before the midnight madness.

Thanks again.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
any GAME deliverys today? I just notice GAME hasn't sent me my e-mail to say it's despatched, yet my account has said it has since friday.

j-wood

Has anyone ever stopped to think about how...messed up, for lack of a better phrase, it sounds when someone says "what are you going to do first?"

And our first response is "I can't wait to run people over and go on a murdering rampage!" lol

MCN

Banned
Thank you very much.

Does the 8/9 gigs need 18 gig free space due to the way it installs? Or am I installing 4gig worth hence the 8/9 gig space needed.

Thanks again.

If you're installing from the disc, you only need the 8gig. The double space is only for downloads, as it needs to store the full download file before it installs it. With the disc, you will install 8gig, and that's all the space you will need.

Why would the PSN version need 18 GB's to install if it's only 8 GB's to begin with? I know you usually need to double the amount of the download (on the PS3) and that's how much space you need to begin the process but people here are doubling that already doubled number. I find this confusing.

Mr E.

If you're installing from the disc, you only need the 8gig. The double space is only for downloads, as it needs to store the full download file before it installs it. With the disc, you will install 8gig, and that's all the space you will need.
Thank you, and thanks Prinny for responses.

Remember, do drink and drive. 8^)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
As soon as I get in the city proper, i'm just going to walk around. Jump some fences here and there. See the sights, explore the area. No missions.

The murdering sprees will come later.
Yeah, I always wait a long time to do missions in open world games, and perhaps especially in GTA. For me, the real fun of Grand Theft Auto is exploring, finding obscure weapon stashes or vehicles, and just wreaking havoc.

Tourmeta

Why would the PSN version need 18 GB's to install if it's only 8 GB's to begin with? I know you usually need to double the amount of the download (on the PS3) and that's how much space you need to begin the process but people here are doubling that already doubled number. I find this confusing.

Size of the digital version is 18gb.

Gangxxter

I guess you need to download the whole game and not only the 8 GB mandatory install files? If you buy the disc version you have to install half of the game (8 GB) and the rest is streamed off the disc.

Do a few missions to unlock activities and characters, find a good place to stop, then just drive and do activities while listening to awesome music.

lem0n

Thank you very much.

Thanks again.
Sorry about the scare, I forgot to mention that it was for the digital version.

Glad it was sorted out quickly though, thanks fellow GAFfers.

Frillen

Fuck I want this game now. Thought I would get it today considering it was sent Friday, but nope! I will have it in about 17 hours though, but will sleep 8 of them.

Ya no

So does this mean it will up at 9 on the west coast?

Yes, I just saw a tweet from rockstar to someone who asked this.

IpF3O6o.png

Because the disc version runs off both the HDD and the Blu Ray drive, the PSN version will just run off the HDD, meaning it is 18GB to account for the fact the blu-ray isn't helping out.

Astarte

Has anyone ever stopped to think about how...messed up, for lack of a better phrase, it sounds when someone says "what are you going to do first?"

And our first response is "I can't wait to run people over and go on a murdering rampage!" lol

It's a rite of passage in gta

Not sure if this is already answered, but - for those people from Australia and New Zealand (and other countries that already got GTA V) who preordered and preloaded it on PS3 - did you need to download some update before playing, or did the game just start, without any additional installs/updates?

jaaz

Hey Eurogamer Spain has some technical details on the PS3 version can someone translate?

Crappy machine translation

http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/analisis-de-grand-theft-auto-5

A quick and dirty one:

"Finally, you have the technical aspect, an area that had us all intrigued for months and months amid rumors of a PC or next-generation console version. Again, it is worthwhile to invoke the spirit of San Andreas and those 27 million units sold that took advantage of a strategic launch of the game just in time to assure the maximum amount of sales possible at the turn of a console generation. As a multiplatform title for PS3 and Xbox 360, GTA V is a technical marvel. For this analysis, we have played the PS3 version and the world looks and moves incredibly. Yes, it is true that it&#8217;s not the game with the smoothest frame rate that we have ever played, but equally the general consensus is amazement at how the game is pushing the (current generation) console hardware&#8212;and at no time does it feel any less than [a game being released at] the end of the current console generation. Special mention goes to the detail and motions of the animations and facial expressions that are even better than L.A. Noire, and as always, the awesome lighting work and art, capable of converting any screen capture of the game into a memorable and exciting postcard."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom