• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
No preloading on PSN sucks! Sony needs to fix that shit. They should at least make it so you can auto download it. Now i have to stay up late just to start the download.....ugh

I can't understand it either. Why in EU but not USA? Makes no sense.

Having said that, only took 50 minutes so as long as that is the standard, it's not too much longer to wait. If that helps!

Grassy

Not sure if this is already answered, but - for those people from Australia and New Zealand (and other countries that already got GTA V) who preordered and preloaded it on PS3 - did you need to download some update before playing, or did the game just start, without any additional installs/updates?

I've finished downloading and installing it, but I can't play it yet. Just says "Content not available until start date"...

ps3 here. Graphic is great, fps seems good too, but during the shooter session, it suffer of inpunt lag, in my opinion. Probably this game is too much for this generation.

PS3 here too. While i noticed some framerate drops on certain streets i never had any input lag.

Played for 5 hours straight. Completed like 6% of the game.

Dont gonna say its the best game of this generation. But its the best GTA game of this generation so far. Maybe even the best GTA but im gonna play alot more until i judge about that.

Ya no

I'm still not sure why people take something read on twitter over seeing this on the PSN store on the PS3 itself.

image-24.jpg

Just the fact that they're official twitter accounts for the two companies, with the Rockstar account having said the previous 3am announcement was a mistake (and maybe hasn't gotten changed on PSN?) Either way, not a huge deal for me, if it's not available at 12am EST I'm just going to go to bed for a few hours, wake up at 3 start it and go back to bed.

EDIT: See MThanded's post above for further support

Jobbs

Banned
amazon STILL says "shipping now", after since early this morning. I don't see how they could still ship today and arrive tomorrow like they claim. :(

amazon :(

Double D

Didn't realize the special edition was GameStop and amazon only. Guess ill try swinging by GameStop on the way home to try to grab one.

Sorry if this has been asked before - I haven't seen it.

Since I have PS Plus and my console turns on at 2am EST every morning to download updates/sync/whatever else, is there any chance it will start downloading GTAV since I preordered it on PSN? I didn't know if maybe it got added to your download queue after it "launched."

I'm assuming no, because that would be too helpful.

ekim

Game is very good so far. Played it 3 hours now. I guess I have to wait until most people have it before going into detail.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The game is 36gb download on PSN? Do we need 72 gb then to install it or is it a super installer that already works from its initial 36gb download?

So if it's Midnight EST for the download on PSN, those of us on the west coast (PST) should be able to start downloading at 9PM tonight? Or do we still have to wait until Midnight PST?

MCN

Banned
The game is 36gb download on PSN? Do we need 72 gb then to install it or is it a super installer that already works from its initial 36gb download?

No, it's an 18GB download, which requires 36GB in total so it has space to install into.

amazon STILL says "shipping now", after since early this morning. I don't see how they could still ship today and arrive tomorrow like they claim. :(

amazon :(

The last game I ordered with release date delivery from amazon wasn't actually shipped until early morning on release day. I received the game later that day at like 1pm.

Gaz_RB

In both ways. I mean, graphically it's incredible for the ps3 hardware (& 360) but the cars density is really low, quite unreal in some places.

Hm from the streams it looked like the traffic density was pretty decent, but I guess it's hard to tell until you're actually playing it. Thanks for your impressions homie, enjoy the game

Ya no

So if it's Midnight EST for the download on PSN, those of us on the west coast (PST) should be able to start downloading at 9PM tonight? Or do we still have to wait until Midnight PST?

I posted a tweet from Rockstar earlier in response to someone that asked this. They said yes to the 9pm download for west coasters.

dreamfall

Chop is unhappy with me from the iFruit app- he's thirsty but I can't sign in for some reason! Oh no!

Here's hoping the in-game relationship isn't affected by this!

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Pretty pumped over here - should arrive tomorrow, and I should be done with Cookie Clicker by Thursday or Friday, giving me a nice two or three day window to play GTA before the next CC update.

abundant

Just the fact that they're official twitter accounts for the two companies, with the Rockstar account having said the previous 3am announcement was a mistake (and maybe hasn't gotten changed on PSN?) Either way, not a huge deal for me, if it's not available at 12am EST I'm just going to go to bed for a few hours, wake up at 3 start it and go back to bed.

EDIT: See MThanded's post above for further support
It'd help things if Sony would just mention that the description on the PSN Store was old. People are less likely to trust twitter following that preload debacle.

Aenima

Game is 18GB you need 18 to download and another 18 to install, thats why the 36gb

dandoolan

So ladies and gentlemen, the biggest question at this stage. The question we will all have to take a serious moment to ponder. Will your trevor
be sporting a large beard or be clean shaven?

Gaz_RB

Chop is unhappy with me from the iFruit app- he's thirsty but I can't sign in for some reason! Oh no!

Here's hoping the in-game relationship isn't affected by this!

Haha I'm messing with that thing too, hopefully Chop doesn't try to bite us when we first see him in the game!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Lad bible on facebook has just posted a screeny from the last mission... Avoid facebook guys if you have liked the lad bible.

edit, first mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom