• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

So now random gameplay is spoilers? Come on people way to sensitive in here.

Yes, we sort of are.

I didn't know that you could go shirtless, for instance. It's a minor thing, but now it isn't a discovery I will make in the game. Heck, something like a diving animation might have been a cool thing to see for the first time, in game.

I don't need to see random gameplay. If you want to let people see something, and are considerate that not everyone wants to see it, put it in an external link.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I notice this every single time whenever a game gets released from Amazon. People always get worried when they notice that their game says "Shipping Now" or "Not Yet Shipped" on the day before.

Rest assured, if you got release day shipping it will ship later tonight or tomorrow morning and be in your hands sometime tomorrow.

And yet I have packages release later than expected, so I have the right to worry

posting for new page

question.,

apart from an achievement is there any reason to keep trying for gold on missions. not sure i see an incentive or I've missed the info

So now random gameplay is spoilers? Come on people way to sensitive in here.

Yes, some of us have gone on blackout. Myself included. I've found that the best way to enjoy games anymore is to avoid as much as possible about the game before release. And this is the second time I've even visited this thread, because of the possibility of this happening.

AkuMifune

Banned
Are we there yet?

I've been asking myself that all day.

laura%20dern%20jurassic%20gif.gif

Should i install second disk of 360 version on USB, because Eurogamer says it's the same as with uninstalled second disk minus drive noise? I'm too scared that my Xbox 360 can't take constant spinning(old FAT one).. Or it's ok to play directly from DVD?

dreamfall

Yes, some of us have gone on blackout. Myself included. I've found that the best way to enjoy games anymore is to avoid as much as possible about the game before release. And this is the second time I've even visited this thread, because of the possibility of this happening.

#TeamNoSpoilers salute!

I missed that Gif thankfully! Avoiding everything hasn't been easy.

QP3

Ok folks. Just made pot of coffee. Heading out with friends later to eat -> movie -> midnight release. Will spend some time in here till we leave. All aboard!

Norns

Should i install second disk of 360 version on USB, because Eurogamer says it's the same as with uninstalled second disk minus drive noise? I'm too scared that my Xbox 360 can't take constant spinning(old FAT one).. Or it's ok to play directly from DVD?

From Rockstars twitter.

"For optimal performance, we recommend not installing that disc. We will have more info on our Support Site at launch."

smr00

Banned
Decided to just cancel my GS pre-order and do it digitally.

using the discount to get RDR/Undead Nightmare and im downloading that now and ill play it to hold me over till 3am.

I'm still trying to decide if I wanna do midnight release. I feel like I'm going to be too tired by the time 12:00 rolls around to go wait in line. Tomorrow is my day off and I'll probably be up early, but it will kill me knowing that the store won't be open until 10 and I won't have a copy to play first thing in the morning.

kurbaan

Banned
Yes, we sort of are.

I didn't know that you could go shirtless, for instance. It's a minor thing, but now it isn't a discovery I will make in the game. Heck, something like a diving animation might have been a cool thing to see for the first time, in game.

I don't need to see random gameplay. If you want to let people see something, and are considerate that not everyone wants to see it, put it in an external link.

I can imagine, 200 years from now, like our reading of Dickens, this post will be regarded as a representation GAFs travails, an accelerated reality bearing more truth than just gazing at our own reflection.

From Rockstars twitter.

"For optimal performance, we recommend not installing that disc. We will have more info on our Support Site at launch."

Digital Foundry has investigated the matter further and discovered a possible solution to the Grand Theft Auto 5 Xbox 360 "play" disc installation issue.

The video, below, shows footage of the game played with the "install disc" installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive, as is mandatory, and the "play disc" installed to a USB flash drive. Doing so appears to eradicate the performance issues found when both discs are installed to the Xbox 360 hard drive.

My Microsoft store pre-order is on time for delivery tomorrow, except I called my local UPS center and will be picking it up around 9 am since I have the day off.

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

overcast

About 9 hours left for us on the west coast. My God guys. I could drive to LA if I wanted to, but I just want to wreck havoc and drive through Los Santos.

Mr E.

Right I have 10 gig free on the Fat PS3.
I'm ready to queue it at midnight launch for Disc version.

Am I missing anything Gaf?

cdkee

Banned
And yet I have packages release later than expected, so I have the right to worry

Yeah. If it's not delivered by 5:00PM tomorrow (UPS/FedEx usually goes by my house around noon, I'm just picking up a copy on the way home after work and returning the Amazon one.

So where do I get the 75% off coupon for R* games on PSN from my digital pre-order? I don't see anything in my email besides the PSN pre-order receipt.

So will you guys still be posting while playing? If not, this thread will be pretty barren for the next few days.
It seems like with most major releases the threads always blow up within the first few days of release. People have to take a break SOMETIME, and what better way to pass the time between play sessions than by discussing every little thing online!

Can't wait to read it all and take it in. It shall be glorious.

Derrick01

Banned
So will you guys still be posting while playing? If not, this thread will be pretty barren for the next few days.

I probably will, at least somewhat. That is if we're allowed to talk about random cool stuff we're seeing by then even if we're limited to using spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom