• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
gtavdive1_by_xbulletz-d6mknma.gif
tumblr_mrt4qrGHB11qkoopko1_400.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Chop is unhappy with me from the iFruit app- he's thirsty but I can't sign in for some reason! Oh no!

Here's hoping the in-game relationship isn't affected by this!

When you finally get your hands on the game, and the tutorial tells you to press > to call Chop, it will say you can't. Because you will have killed him.

See what your hands have wrought?

dreamfall

Haha I'm messing with that thing too, hopefully Chop doesn't try to bite us when we first see him in the game!

Baha seriously! I don't understand how to get more credits, those mini games don't offer much and I can't give him anything to drink!

He's going to bite my face off when I see him for the first time :/

Nori Chan

Guys I'm kinda scared. Amazon hasn't said anything about the shipping of my special edition even though I have day 1 shipping on it. Should I contact them about it?

Fuck. I literally just bought this after reading the Rockstar Tweet saying the 3am pre-load was a go. This is kind of bullshit.

Ya no

It'd help things if Sony would just mention that the description on the PSN Store was old. People are less likely to trust twitter following that preload debacle.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree. Also seems like it should be a pretty thing to change...

Hello friends!

Remember a month ago when we were in the "GTA V has gone gold" thread, and this night seemed so far off? Skiddly dee! :D

One thing I'm curious about but haven't seen addressed yet... is it possible to play your own custom soundtrack in the game?

potam

Banned
So I just have a couple of things to clear up:

1. It is confirmed that there is no preload on PSN? Pretty sure there isn't, but just wanted final clarification from someone who has bought it on PSN.

2. With the whole "Don't install both disks on 360, it'll affect performance" thing going on, would digital purchases run into the same thing since it'll be read 100% from the HDD? If so, is it just a 360 thing or would the same problem occur on the PS3?

3. How fucked am I if I try to just stroll into a store tonight? :(

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm skipping the midnight launch tonight I think.

I have early fucking lectures in the morning but i'll be off at 10AM, so i'll swing by the gamestore then.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Just the fact that they're official twitter accounts for the two companies, with the Rockstar account having said the previous 3am announcement was a mistake (and maybe hasn't gotten changed on PSN?) Either way, not a huge deal for me, if it's not available at 12am EST I'm just going to go to bed for a few hours, wake up at 3 start it and go back to bed.

EDIT: See MThanded's post above for further support

On one hand, I'm with the both of you. On the other, if an actual computer system tells me something, I say, it may be set wrong, but it's telling me how it's set to go off.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I knew this would be ground breaking perfect scoring GTA. No one including me was thinking they wouldn't fine tune this after Red Dead Redemption and LA Noir did so well in storytelling and graphics.

I wont get to play the entire week, got too much to do. I hope everyone has a great time with it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Same here...

"Columbia SC
Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier - September 16, 2013 2:23:54 AM"

I expected a update a few hours ago too.

But I may just wake up early in the mourning and rent it from red box (5 minute walk) ans play that untill my copy comes. Hopefully

One and a half hour left!
Pre-load completed! Have been playing TBOGT for two hours now and I'm getting tired, damn :D probably won't be able to play long before I need some sleep.
Good thing I've got tomorrow off then, a whole day of GTAV <3 /gafblog

Alienous

Yeah, no kidding. :(

Ee0X4zB.jpg

We have to think of a time and place to allow gameplay gifs, but I don't think it's now.

Let people get their hands on the game. At the very least, give them the day of release. Considering time zones, not everyone can get their hands on GTA V yet.

It doesn't take much to post a link to the gif so those who want to can see it, rather than embedding it into the thread.

Riggs

Banned
So I got GTA yesterday via craigslist ....

Now I am sitting here watching my friend play, because I am a good fucking friend. All I want to do is knock him out w/ chloroform and play this for myself. I guess I shouldn't complain as all of you are waiting probably, but fuckkkkkkk. I love you guys.

Danny 117

Can someone answer this general gameplay question... RE: heists. Too scared to venture into the spoiler thread.

Can I do heists on jewelry stores etc outside of scripted main missions? I'm having trouble doing so if you can.

I notice this every single time whenever a game gets released from Amazon. People always get worried when they notice that their game says "Shipping Now" or "Not Yet Shipped" on the day before.

Rest assured, if you got release day shipping it will ship later tonight or tomorrow morning and be in your hands sometime tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom