• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

My brother reporting a large number of people here at a GAME store in the UK. He says 200 but I very much doubt it's quite that high. I think there were about 10 for the Wii U launch.

Out of interest, before I go out to collect my order, any specifics on which one?

Because if it's my local, I'll wait until the early hours of tomorrow.

kazebyaka

Banned
Just beat the game. Took me 33 hours in total without really bothering with side activities. Now i feel empty and lonely. And i lost some of motivation of playing in the game at all, but i still want to complete everything. Great game in every way. I shouldn't rush open world games from now on.

Goldrusher

BUUTvOPIQAE7Ru_.jpg:large

Every single gaming store in Europe looks like that right now.

All these crazy lines make me worry about places actually running out of copies. If I go to walmart and they don't have any I'll be heartbroken, lol.

Gangxxter

Just beat the game. Took me 33 hours in total without really bothering with side activities. Now i feel empty and lonely. And i lost some of motivation of playing in the game at all, but i still want to complete everything. Great game in every way. I shouldn't rush open world games from now on.
So you only rushed through the main story or did you also do some exploration, side missions, etc.?

Yawnier

Banned
Wow at these line pics, crazy stuff. If I didn't have classes early tomorrow I would go to a local midnight launch, but alas....

SJRB

Gold Member
Just got back from the midnight launch, game is installing as we speak. It was a total madhouse, never seen anything like it.

It feels... surreal. 5 years of waiting is over. I have the game in my hands, looking at the map. I feel so weird right now.

God even the install menu music is fucking sexy.

DogMeat77

Wow that is awesome. You guys in Europe aren't effing around are you?

What is the deal with the huge crowds? Do you have only a few stores that sell games in your towns? Looks pretty cool either way.

Bricky

Well, just went to my first Midnight launch and it was awesome! Went 1.5 hours before it opened with maybe 50 people in front of me. Then we got free hot dogs and the shop even opened 20 minutes early so I managed to grab the game for just 42 euros (free 5 euro giftcard) at Saturn before it was midnight! The line behind us was crazy though, we couldn't even see the end for a while. Note to future self: never go to a midnight launch less than an hour before the shop opens.

Game is installing now, It's happening GAF! :D

E: Holy crap at some of the line photos here, I had 200+ people behind me maybe but nothing THAT crazy! Now I feel lucky. :O

I've gone from regretting my PSN preorder to being glad I did it. I don't mind a line for a midnight release, but that's a little more then I want to deal with.

My download is at 98% after downloading for almost a day and a half solid. It better not say it's corrupt or fail to install or I will go nuts.

I really regret not just going for retail, I was too impatient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom