• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my lectures are 1 hour. like all of them. I think it's bullshit to expect people to listen or be focused for 3 straight hours. I'd completely zone out

Oh, I agree, it's complete bull. I zoned out awhile ago, hence me being on NeoGaf in class.

Was it announced which station Lazlo is on? I'm assuming he's in V.

BUUTvOPIQAE7Ru_.jpg:large

Every single gaming store in Europe looks like that right now.

This actually a picture from the WiiU launch.

Nah J/K.

I'm about to call my local GameStop just to see what to expect at midnight and what their plans are. I def cannot wait hours in line I have to work in the morning. Was hoping I could play a little and then pass out but man these lines.

Are these pics from mega retail spots?

Kiraly

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE MIDNIGHT OPENING

FUCK THE EXCITEMENT BROTHERS

MINUTES AFTER I'M HOME IT STARTS TO RAIN

FUCK YOU, HOLLAND

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
The queue's moving. I reckon this is still gonna take like an hour to get to the front of.

Kiraly

Okay, I'll probably get there around 11 then since I live in a medium sized town and there is never usually more than 50-100 people at these things.

I live in a town with 30,000 inhabitants, probably were something like 100-150 people at the midnight opening.

Brera

Banned
I just went to the local tesco.

About 300 dudes waiting. Most of the scarey looking street robber tyres but they're in a good mood by the looks of it. I'll go back in an hour and get my copy!

Anyone know how much tesco are selling it for? I heard it was £35? If not I'll wait for the ps4 version

Nevasleep

My Asda order has shipped at 11:40pm
Tracking not working yet, but it might be going straight through to local depot.
Although it's Yodel, so I'll probably get it next week.

Can't start the game yet. In UK.

Looks like it's gonna be 1.00am - as described via 'Triangle' Options & Info under the game.

So where the hell did 12.00am UK time come from?

doby

About 300 dudes waiting. Most of the scarey looking street robber tyres but they're in a good mood by the looks of it. I'll go back in an hour and get my copy!

Anyone know how much tesco are selling it for? I heard it was £35? If not I'll wait for the ps4 version

£38 or £32 when buying selected PSN Cards or Xbox Live Points.

DukeBobby

It's £38 online; not sure if it's any different in store.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

I saw £38 on my way past.

iiicon

Alright, just pre-ordered the PSN edition. Now to kill the next 5+ hours. I also picked up some Doritos and Mountain Dew on the way home, because that just seems like a thing you do in this situation.

El_Chino

Has anyone had their GTA copy from Amazon actually move since their initial shipment? Lol. All I still have is a "A label has been received for this shipment"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I'm not but they are pretty nice. Just make sure you are in the store before 11 (or maybe they just close at 11 here in Alaska)

Ad says doors open at 11pm and sales at 12am to 12:15am. I was just hoping if I wanted to go I could just swing by around 11:45 and be out of there quickly.

If my download is corrupt I'm just gonna buy a copy tomorrow at Gamestop. Downloading the whole game again would take another 2 days

1.01am apparently

It unlocks at 1AM.

Thanks guys. Still don't know where the 12.00am came from...

Btw, make sure you install via playstation store, NOT via background and let it install itself.

I originally did it via download list and got corrupt data @ 14% like many others as it installed.

All installed now and ready to play :)

Good luck.

Chris R

Ad says doors open at 11pm and sales at 12am to 12:15am. I was just hoping if I wanted to go I could just swing by around 11:45 and be out of there quickly.
Well if the store is open I don't see why you couldn't. Last event I went to though was during winter hours so the store closed at 11. They just made us clump up around the home electronics area but did leave a self checkout line open for snacks and drinks.

Double D

Wow I had no idea there would be this big of a turnout for the midnight releases. I'm hoping just to swing by Walmart and not have to deal with too much craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom