• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkee

Banned
Anyone know the install sizes for 360, both disks?

Want to clear the right amount of space before I get it.

Just letting you know you shouldn't install both discs. Only the installation disk. Installing play disc causes texture issues and more on 360.

aro52

GQman2121

Banned
I think they've gone too far in this country.

QaOqB5x.png

Sitting in my Film lecture, listening to a talk on violence in film and media. This quickly transitioned into "Grand Theft Auto talk time". I think this'll be an interesting three hours.

SpaceHorror

Quick question about the 360 version and its 8GB mandatory install.

Can you install it on a formatted USB drive like RAGE and The Witcher 2? Or does it require an official HDD install like Battlefield 3?

Edit; Nevermind.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Installing PSN version.

Corrupted.

Try install again.

Corrupted.

FUCK YOU.

I read not to download in the background so I didn't. 4hrs into the download my router dropped out and the download automatically went into the background. I just decided to leave it downloading.

This morning I woke up for work, checked on the PS3 and man I was pissed
that I had to go to work as it had finished downloading and had installed successfully!

Just got the game. Bought it at Saturn Venlo Netherlands. Special Edition 360 and LE guide. Pretty crowded, I guess about 250-350 people amd that's quite a lot for a little town. Gotta get some sleep though, driving to work in about 4 hours. Feels good to finally own it.

Constantly being reminded of this game just makes the wait even harder. Saw a sign for GTA V next to the Rockstar North building today with the words 'Made in Scotland' under it.

Just played two of the games on iFruit for Chop, quite fun.

One of them is keeping other male dogs away from Chop's bitch by guiding him around the park lol.

The second is similar, where you have to guide Chop around a street to stop Ballas from smashing Franklin's car.

Not been able to get to the third game yet, but they're surprisingly good for a free companion app title. Rockstar are awesome.

I also had to clean up after Chop when he took a number 2, which was too real.

Red Comet

Since I've already paid for my copy weeks ago, can I show up to the midnight release at midnight and then pick it up, or will I need to get there earlier? The GS website says something about a final transaction receipt, but I don't know if that applies if you've already paid it off. I haven't been to a midnight release since Gears of War 2, so I don't remember exactly how it works.

Yeah, it's a good time.
Supposed to be an hour of talks and two of a screening. Tonight seems to be a straight talk without any screening.

All my lectures are 1 hour. like all of them. I think it's bullshit to expect people to listen or be focused for 3 straight hours. I'd completely zone out

QP3

Holy shit at some of those turnouts. This is making me want to be sure we get there earlier than initially planned...

Jobbs

Banned
Wow.. suddenly waiting a little bit longer for Amazon's release day delivery doesn't seem so bad.

if it works... I preordered this from amazon with release day delivery long ago, and it STILL hasn't shipped. Pretty sure I'm hosed by now. Sorry to complain but I'm experiencing feelings right now.

edit: not 30 seconds after posting this reply, I got notified of its shipping. yippy!

Anyone have their GameStop USA Collectors Edition ($150) ship yet?

Still no notification that it did here yet, I called today and they said it was packaged and waiting to be picked up today.

Edit: I kid you not, as soon as I submitted this the email notification popped up on my iPhone. Woooo!

redhot_

Since I've already paid for my copy weeks ago, can I show up to the midnight release at midnight and then pick it up, or will I need to get there earlier? The GS website says something about a final transaction receipt, but I don't know if that applies if you've already paid it off. I haven't been to a midnight release since Gears of War 2, so I don't remember exactly how it works.

Get there early to get your receipt marked to get in the fast line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom