• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, make sure you install via playstation store, NOT via background and let it install itself.

I originally did it via download list and got corrupt data @ 14% like many others as it installed.

All installed now and ready to play :)

Good luck.
Bit late after I've been downloading for over 24 hours straight and it's at 98% and been background downloading all this time

That's why if it fails I can't wait another day and a half to download it

bitoriginal

Holy shit, the queue outside my local game must have been like 300 people long. Went to my local indie with a queue of no more than 40. Installing now!

Switched my PS3 to ethernet and downloaded the Diablo III demo as a test run and I was getting a good 3MBs so I think I'm definitely going to download the game. Will take a few hours to download but oh well.

Dreaver

Holy shit at some of the night launch pictures. I'm picking it up tomorrow at 10.00 in the morning. I'm wondering how crowded it will be (huge electronic store but no night launch). Seeing all those pictures makes me afraid there won't be enough. We'll see!

Sucks that I have had the game since yesterday and have only played a few hours. Stupid studying. :((((

Hope I can get an hour or two in tonight (which will turn into 5 hours and me getting 3 hours of sleep but fuck it!)

Right, got my copy earlier but it's finally time to give this thing a try since it's 00:20 here, and I'm free.

Happy GTA day ! PS3 install is taking its sweet time though :p

Those pictures are nutso.I hope the midnight launch isn't packed at the Best Buy I'm heading to.

I suppose I should pump myself full of coffee and leave thirty minutes earlier than originally planned

UnrealEck

People on Twtich are streaming the game with "60 FPS" in their channel's title.

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917.gif

Oh wait a second! Don't forget "1080p" too.

quick impressions from 30mins play through of the PS3 version.

frame-rate is ok, well it's probably around 25 to 30fps, playable in other words.

default controls aren't that good, it has the L2/R2 for shoot and aim so I quickly changed them to L1/R2.

There is a fair bit of input lag. shooting mechanics are improved over gtaiv, but from my brief go, it's nothing like GOW/Uncharted, so this may give people trouble.

The cars feel different too, something i have to get used to.

the game features absolute ton of detail which is good, the bad thing is everything shimmers/wobbles when in motion. Game runs at 720p post process AA.

it's faIr to say this game is pushing the ps3 to its limits. My super slim is sounding very loud playing this, which is to be expected.

Going back to the game now.

Megasoum

Banned
So there's no way to save directly on USB or Online on the PS3 right? You need to manually (or automatically once a day with PS+) copy the files over.

just finally got around to preordering the game at best buy lol. hopefully there's a copy for me. also i hope they are so messed and accidentally give me someone's Special edition instead lol.

Loudninja

quick impressions from 30mins play through of the PS3 version.

frame-rate is ok, well it's probably around 25 to 30fps, playable in other words.

default controls aren't that good, it has the L2/R2 for shoot and aim so I quickly changed them to L1/R2.

There is a fair bit of input lag. shooting mechanics are improved over gtaiv, but from my brief go, it's nothing like GOW/Uncharted, so this may give people trouble.

The cars feel different too, something i have to get used to.

the game features absolute ton of detail which is good, the bad thing is everything shimmers/wobbles when in motion. Game runs at 720p post process AA.

it's faIr to say this game is pushing the ps3 to its limits. My super slim is sounding very loud playing this, which is to be expected.

Going back to the game now.
Nice to hear thanks.

Fjordson

Had a friend call me a little while ago who said there are people camped out at the GameStop by his house for the midnight release. It's only 4:30 in the afternoon :lol

Dug

Banned
Odd question, but when you change the display settings in the menu does it show a screenshot of your current place like in GTA IV?

wow so moe

Enable motion flow. INSTANT 60 FPS, don't even need good hardware, that's why I'm not getting a ps4, just get a good tv instead.

Ugh I hate those kind of smoothmotion things. They all look like shit, and it's just an illusion, doesn't actually help the game feel more responsive.

hertog

Just came back from my store. The midnight sale was insane.... I really hate GTA with a passion. What makes this game so popular?

And 85% of the people who bought it, I wouldn't want to encounter them in a dark alleyway.

But hey, it earned me a lot of money. Damn you Rockstar :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom