• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

smr00

Banned
Considering no one mention nay pop-up as bad as that and from the streams I never seen pop up that bad.

This is like the 3rd person that said this with the PSN version.

I think that is the third person now that mention bad pop in with the PSN version.
3 out of how many people?

I'll wait and find out myself. I highly doubt that the digital version has massive game breaking pop-in while the disc doesn't and if it does i am sure rockstar will patch it extremely fast. This, if it is a problem will cause sim city like backlash. Out of everyone who is able to play the PSN right now i haven't heard but 1 person complain, you would think if it was THAT big of a problem we would of heard from more people.

vilmer_

I wonder if the PSN pop-in issue is a result of HDD rpm's? You'd think there would be less of an issue as the game is installed fully onto the hard drive.

Loudninja

3 out of how many people?

I'll wait and find out myself. I highly doubt that the digital version has massive game breaking pop-in while the disc doesn't and if it does i am sure rockstar will patch it extremely fast. This, if it is a problem will cause sim city like backlash.
I dont know man this is massive pop in these people are talking about like light poles and roads appearing. :/

We will see I guess just making sure people know atleast.

doby

Thanks for the advice but ill take it with a grain of salt since nobody else has complained and i really don't see how it could be that much worse.

If it's that bad rockstar will have to patch it ASAP or they will have a massive shit storm coming their way.

Its not really something than can be patched, they cant increase the data bandwidth/streaming speed of the hdd.

tookhster

Does anybody with experience with next-day-delivery UPS know that if my scheduled delivery date says the 17th by 10:30 AM, it might actually come before or by then? I've never had a UPS truck come that early before.

Btw, I ordered from Rockstar Warehouse if that means anything.

Loudninja

360 version btw. I was expecting this but it's still sad. The first mission (I'm exaggerating a little but..) almost felt like a slideshow to me. The IQ leaves a bit to be desired too. Again all things I was expecting but damn, I have a hard time dealing with sub 30fps these days. Getting used to it after a couple hours but this is not the way i wanted my first time with this game to play. If only there was a PC version.
Sounds like the exact same situation Road describes on the Ps3 version in the beginning.

Heh so I guess they are pretty much equal now.

Is the map bigger than San Andreas or no?

It's even bigger than Skyrim if this map comparison is accurate.
tumblr_msyezr4JoD1rdy5joo1_1280.png

smr00

Banned
Its not really something than can be patched, they cant increase the data bandwidth/streaming speed of the hdd.
They will have to allow refunds if they are selling a broken version, if they don't they will see the biggest shit storm of their life.

Either way im not worried. If if it is broke and they can't fix it and RS/Sony refuse to refund ill cancel my PS4 preorder and never buy another sony/rockstar product.

Maybe my 360 is dying because the game doesn't look good at all, framerate drops everywhere, crazy pop-in. Just had the gate around the Tennis court pop-in :/

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well, I wasn't expecting perfect 30 fps, of course. I was just worried cause it seems a lot like I would describe IV's performance, which was something that soured the experience for me.

Well, no, it's not as bad as that at all. In certain sequences it seemed like it pretty much was (again, while driving in the middle of the city with a lot of cars around), but generally it's much better. As I said, it does reach and stay at around 30 fps quite frequently, and that certainly wasn't the case with IV. And even when it doesn't, it still looks hella better than IV ever did.

Haven't seen any noticeable pop-in at all yet, BTW (PS3 disc version, in case anyone wasn't aware).

Loudninja

Well, no, it's not as bad as that at all. In certain sequences it seemed like it pretty much was (again, while driving in the middle of the city with a lot of cars around), but generally it's much better. As I said, it does reach 30 fps quite a lot, and that certainly wasn't the case with IV. And even when it doesn't it still looks hella better than IV ever did.
I thin thats all people want to hear lol much better than GT4.

Thanks for you honest impressions btw :p

dubq

Reading these performance issues, I'm starting to regret my PSN pre-order.. I can't figure out how to cancel it, either, in case I just want to grab a disc version instead. (There's no cancel option in my transaction management/account settings).

doby

They will have to allow refunds if they are selling a broken version, if they don't they will see the biggest shit storm of their life.

Either way im not worried. If if it is broke and they can't fix it and RS/Sony refuse to refund ill cancel my PS4 preorder and never buy another sony/rockstar product.

I think you have pretty good grounds to demand a refund if its a lot worse than the disk version and if they refuse you throw consumer laws at them, they'll soon comply.

Reading these performance issues, I'm starting to regret my PSN pre-order.. I can't figure out how to cancel it, either, in case I just want to grab a disc version instead. (There's no cancel option in my transaction management/account settings).

If you cannot cancel and Sony/R* refuse to issue a refund couldn't you get one through your credit card? Faulty product/etc.?

Amazon order is showing an early scheduled delivery for tomorrow...going to be a long night.

Loudninja

We have to wait and see but so far 3 people said massive pop in on the PSN version and 2 people said little to no pop in on the disc version.

Mr. Hyde

Hmm. I just saw someone in that roaming stream run over a coyote on a mountain bike and it literally squashed it. I guess I will drop by target or walmart in the morning to buy this gem.

panty

2-3 hours in. PS3 disc version, runs nicely and looks good. Of course you can tell the hw is at its limit but nothing like you guys have said about heavy framerate dibs etc.

Game is awesome but only complaint is the driving. Don't like it but I guess it'll grow on me. It's too arcadey compared to IV's driving. Wish they would've just tweaked it a bit. Now the cars just turn like they are glued to the road.

dubq

If you cannot cancel and Sony/R* refuse to issue a refund couldn't you get one through your credit card? Faulty product/etc.?night.
I would hope so. It's so bizarre that there is no cancel option.. it is a pre-order after all.. but upon investigation, it appears they took the money from my wallet right when I pre-ordered it (Aug 27). Is this normal for pre-orders?

you guys are harshing my buzz with all this framerate dip talk...

You should probably just leave the thread then, anybody who has the game already and is in here instead of playing probably only has negative things to say.

There's probably also a lot of PC people who were forced to buy it on console and the lower framerate seems much more jarring.

nikos

Any NYC crew have an update on VGNY or J&L? I dread calling multiple times per day but probably will try again soon. :eek:

doby

To quote Sony...

'It's always frustrating to spend your hard-earned money on something, only to have it not meet your expectations. While the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement prevent us from granting refunds in this situation'...blah blah blah

So basically they have their ass covered. You'd have to prove it defective/unacceptable quality to get a refund i should think.

Loudninja

Reading about some issues, the game will be ok on 360 right?

The game hovers in the 20s on the 360 version too don't think for one second this is a PS3 thing. I played a few hours on the 360 version and it was definitely noticeable; especially when driving. It's not annoying to say the least and take it from me, a guy who'll spend precious time trying to find the perfect settings on a PC game to get it running at a locked or near 60fps.
360 version btw. I was expecting this but it's still sad. The first mission driving around the city (I'm exaggerating a little but..) almost felt like a slideshow to me. The IQ leaves a bit to be desired too. Again all things I was expecting but damn, I have a hard time dealing with sub 30fps these days. Getting used to it after a couple hours but this is not the way i wanted my first time with this game to play. If only there was a PC version. The game itself though seems like it's gonna be amazing. Haven't seen any pop in either.

Maybe my 360 is dying because the game doesn't look good at all, framerate drops everywhere, crazy pop-in. Just had the gate around the Tennis court pop-in :/
Seems like the first mission is bad on both PS3 and 360 framerate wise.

Storm360

Looking at those midnight launch pictures are crazy

I was first in line, shortly after I arrived people started turning up from other stores because of the queues of 300+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom