• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
No issues to report with disc version ps3 slim. Enjoy the game and don't nitpick every little 1 fps drop. Some of you must be unbearable to play video games with.

dubq

I'm pretty sure that Official PlayStation Magazine UK were the only ones to mention Skyrim's problems. They gave it a 7, I think.

They didn't seem to notice any problems in GTA V, though.

True say, I believe they were the ones who started writing about the crippling lag and savebloat issues with PS3 Skyrim, right? I also think that Bethesda had only provided Xbox copies for review to the gaming sites.

ViciousDS

Banned
The guy just started how do you know that?

Making assumptions? I have yet to see any legit psn stream have massive pop in and until i do im calling bullshit. It's not even that i want the info to be false it's that nothing has been said by anyone but what? 2-3 people on GAF? Telling me that everyone who has access to it right now just hasn't noticed? Shit would be all over reddit at the very least. Seems like the 2-3 people that did complain either aren't console gamers or just aren't used to seeing pop in like this.

I had a conversation with 2 other people who have it legally and they said they haven't ran into any problems so i am done worrying about it. Maybe those 2 people i talked to lied and maybe every single stream i have seen with the digital version is pirated but i judge what i see.

you must have been typing when i edited.....it meant to say OR not OH lol, that makes the phrase change drastically. but a guy on twitter just stated pop-in so far he has noticed is nearly identical to running the disc and HDD

also you strengthened what I've been saying that the pop-ins are not that drastic and as bad as people are saying.

nikos

Wow, a couple of days ago people were ecstatic about the game and now people are over reacting a bit about the frame rate and "horrendous" pop in.

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

I really hope this PSN troubles is BS. I canceled my physical pre-order because of Rockstar saying there was going to be a pre-load... Now this shit? Ugh.

Gaz_RB

Watching Heat now before I head out to the midnight release. Liking it so far.

Starting to get negative in here, guys! Guess everyone who has it and likes it is playing it right now, and everyone with problems is here venting.

C'est la vie! See you guys in a week, I wish you the best in your GTAV experience!

Edit: love Al Pacino's character

No issues to report with disc version ps3 slim. Enjoy the game and don't nitpick every little 1 fps drop. Some of you must be unbearable to play video games with.

this

Reminds me of a comedian who was talking about shopping on Amazon and buyers paralysis, when right as you're about to buy something you see that 1 negative review and freeze and can't go through with the purchase.

this is actually me. but i already bought the psn version. maybe it will just be stockholm syndrome.

I played RDR and GTAIV on ps3 and though both looked good and were amazing games.

smr00

Banned
you must have been typing when i edited.....it meant to say OR not OH lol, that makes the phrase change drastically. but a guy on twitter just stated pop-in so far he has noticed is nearly identical to running the disc and HDD
yeah my heart is beating at normal speeds and the worrying is done i am gonna grab a beer and just enjoy some wrasslin while i wait.

I have bad anxiety in real life with translate horribly here so when i hear something like this my brain immediately fire a barrage of OH GOD NO missiles and i get worked up over little things. Gonna try and just relax and let the 2 hours fly by.

UnrealEck

I was talking about console users. They definitely would of moved a lot next gen consoles if this game was one of the games at launch.

We all know a PC version is innevitable and we've even discovered references to it in some of the game's files.
Next gen consoles aren't even out yet. PC is. They should have released a PC version of the game so it would have been the best it can be without hardware limitations bogging it down.

ViciousDS

Banned
yeah my heart is beating at normal speeds and the worrying is done i am gonna grab a beer and just enjoy some wrasslin while i wait.

I have bad anxiety in real life with translate horribly here so when i hear something like this my brain immediately fire a barrage of OH GOD NO missiles and i get worked up over little things. Gonna try and just relax and let the 2 hours fly by.

hahaha yes, i tried editing it as fast as I could, sorry about that......I knew you were watching it and knew something bad was going to come of it......UH....damn laptop keyobard

carlos

I always see GAF complain about crap I never see. I'm not to worried.

Haha yeah, sometimes there's a legit criticism, but so many times this is just a very whiny community.

If i had to put describe this in detail , I would say it runs at 30fps at all times during missions; (just a couple dips during cutscenes, so they don't affect gameplay.)
During free roam, it also runs solidly, only dipping if there is A LOT of traffic in the city or you purposely start to bring a large number of cars together to blow up. These are just momentary dips also, nothing serious. (ps3 disk version).

Are you sure it's exclusive to the PSN version?

Got to get to bed so cannot comment in full.

HOWEVER, after seeing the video footage of 360 with and without install 2nd disc (where it showed mass pop-in at the beginning of game if did 2nd disc install), I can CATEGORICALLY say that the psn ps3 version does NOT do this.

In other words, as far as I can tell at the moment, if I were to judge from the comparison of how the 360 did pop-in, then the psn ps3 version is the SAME as the 360 no 2nd disc installation.

In other words = as good as 360 best version (with regards to pop-in) as far as I can tell using the comparison footage of 360 1 disc/2 disc install.

Other really really quick impressions cos I'm knackered:-

- I've never completed or spent a lot of time with a GTA before (always messed about within the world and never did anything), but this one feels different. It feels better, more alive, more real, more substance (only 2 missions in but I really feel the game and already appreciating the characters).

- Quite hard to see far in the distance (but I'm 40 and my eyes are going lol!) so I'm messing about with a few settings and although I normally have sharpness set to 20-25, I'm going between 35-50 as it makes it a little clearer but not really much jaggier. Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if 360 had a slight improvement over this but I'd imagine if would be slight, very slight - remember my eyes!

- Graphics are very nice. If I could see in the distance a bit clearer, then they'd be truly amazing. They still are excellent though!

- Framerate is good enough to me.

- Not as jaggy as I thought and although they normally bother me, I must say, I'm actually pleased. They have a cleanness close up and that's nice.

- Seen some water and looks amazing.

- Geometry of world feels great how you can climb over fences and gates. Feels more natural and less restrictive than gta4 for example.

- Music is amazing and sounds through headphones are alive! Music seems much more interesting and it's like I can hear it as well as all the other sounds of the game. I feel like I'm in it.

- Even the 1st 2 missions felt right. Being chased felt right and not like a game.

- Game starts great.

- Shooting & input feel floaty/bit laggy - takes a motion to stop moving and/or start shooting. Also, at beginning of game, vibration felt weak, yet it improved even when I got a pistol whilst not in a mission. However, I really feel this is so as we upgrade our characters, there stats will improve and thus this is the point they feel like this at the moment. It's not responsive like TLOU or U3 for example but like any gamer, it will just take a little getting used to and/or stat improvements will sort it. One could argue, it's inertia created intentionally to make each character feel different. Hey, and before anyone says, I aint a R* fan but it's just something that seems to fit right to me at least.

- Cars seem both tricky and good to handle and each one feels different. Improvement to me over gta4 without a shadow and after a bit of practice, I reckon I'll be shit hot with them. Definitely more responsive and the camera feels better with them too. It's weird, it feels like when you drive them slower, that the speed and control feels right as opposed to gta4 where it felt over slow/unresponsive. Sweet.

If this quality continues, I will not be disappointed I have ps3 version - especially the psn version lol!

I've loads more going through my head but I need to play much more. For now, goodnight to all.

sdornan

Any PSN streams out there? Want to see the existence of this pop-in myself.

HOWEVER, after seeing the video footage of 360 with and without install 2nd disc (where it showed mass pop-in at the beginning of game if did 2nd disc install), I can CATEGORICALLY say that the psn ps3 version does NOT do this.

In other words, as far as I can tell at the moment, if I were to judge from the comparison of how the 360 did pop-in, then the psn ps3 version is the SAME as the 360 no 2nd disc installation.

In other words = as good as 360 best version (with regards to pop-in) as far as I can tell using the comparison footage of 360 1 disc/2 disc install.
Thanks for your impressions, particularly this part.

I was talking about console users. They definitely would of moved a lot next gen consoles if this game was one of the games at launch.

Neither Sony nor MS need GTAV on next-gen in order to move console the first few months. It would have been stupid for Rockstar to launch the game on a user base of ~2 million vs the user base of >100 million of the PS3/360.

Yeah well a couple of days ago the majority didn't have the access to the game.

People were streaming the game. Bunch of video and leaks everywhere. I doubt the frame rate is so horribly bad that it breaks the game. Same with pop in. It's like no one has ever played a GTA game before. All that has always been present. The Last of Us had some frame rate dips, horrible glitches too, yet it was still a really good game. But hey, it's NeoGAF.

As pop-in is my #1 concern this makes me feel better but we'll see tomorrow.

thanks for the impressions

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
So psn version is balls? And disc version is better?

DJ88

I think a lot of the people here freaking out who don't have the game yet, haven't seen the streams from the past few days trying to avoid spoilers.

There is nothing to be worried about. I went from being a maybe buy few months from now to a pre order going in a couple hours to pick up buy.

Amir0x

Banned
People were streaming the game. Bunch of video and leaks everywhere. I doubt the frame rate is so horribly bad that it breaks the game. Same with pop in. It's like no one has ever played a GTA game before. All that has always been present. The Last of Us had some frame rate dips, horrible glitches too, yet it was still a really good game. But hey, it's NeoGAF.

News at eleven: Some people consider framerate more important than you do!

MercuryLS

Banned

I had the exact opposite experience with the PSN version. My console is a PS3 slim with 160Gb HDD. There was a ton of pop-in during the intro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom