• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autofokus

I played the PSN Version for a few hours (EU). I really don't have a problem with pop-in in general, what can you expect from those old consoles?

BUT: If I'm driving around in a fast car, sometimes part of the streets and buildings are just grey, without any textures and stuff - thats even to much for me. I'm using the latest Slim Model (not Super Slim) with the standard 160GB HDD. Note, that I don't have any comparison with the disc version, I simply don't know if that one would run better (I also didn't watch any streams).

ref

I got the 360 version pre-ordered, going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon after work.

Before I pick it up, I think I'll check out the DF comparison just to see if there's any differences, mainly in terms of performance since I own both PS3/360 and can switch.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I played the PSN Version for a few hours (EU). I really don't have a problem with pop-in in general, what can you expect from those old consoles?

BUT: If I'm driving around in a fast car, sometimes part of the streets and buildings are just grey, without any textures and stuff - thats even to much for me. I'm using the latest Slim Model (not Super Slim) with the standard 160GB HDD. Note, that I don't have any comparison with the disc version, I simply don't know if that one would run better (I also didn't watch any streams).

Yeah, getting the disc version now for sure instead of the PSN version. Might wait for DF and decide between 360 or PS3.

CF22

How many in a group for the Gamestop thingy. I'm in group 4.

Also,

1m3HY8Y.gif

can't wait!!

I'm in group 6 person 3. I believe every group has 10 people.

doby

Really? Sucks I don't have my 60GB model any more then.

Ive got a 60gb but its incredibly precarious, games make it ylod so I have to stick it back on my IR heater to revive it. I just use it for on demand stuff these days as it seems to come with that. Will stick GTA in it just for shits n giggles though and see what happens.

Cheddahz

Banned
Listening to some Final Fantasy piano collections, working on this study guide, and talking to you guys about GTA5

This night couldn't get any better

ViciousDS

Banned
buddy texted me back theres about 200 people in line atm

DJ, Pizza, Jimmy Johns, tons of t-shirts, posters and even game copy give aways........

I remember my cousin winning assassins creed brotherhood when that came out.....lucky.

Hell I took a whole case of NOS home for free MW3 night 2 years ago.

I used PSN code money ;_;

Then hopefully it is not nearly as bad as some individuals are making it to be. I would be slightly concerned due to the R* statement that Xbox 360 users should not install both discs. Kinda of surprised that a fully digital version is out there if this is the case.

Amir0x

Banned
So fine and perfectly playable?

Witness the arrival of the latest in lowered standards: "25fps most of the time" is now 'fine and perfectly playable.' Christ.

Hey, in five years, will 20 or 15fps be perfectly playable as well? Do we have a floor on these standards or is it open season?

I can't believe people lashing out at those who have higher standards than this. WE are not the problem.

MercuryLS

Banned

Same thing for me. My disc version is coming tomorrow, I guess I'll keep it and play that.

Madness

Shit, someone trustworthy just wrote on another forum that the digital PSN version does in fact have worse pop-in, textures and in his opinion framerate than the ps3 disc version.

Anyone here only getting the digital version? And can someone knowledgeable tell me why the digital version can theoretically have these problems and whether it's fixable?

ufo8mycat

After all of the negative comments in here, I had to slip the game in to check for myself.

Now I am not someone who is overly sensitive to frame rates, aliasing, pop-in, screen tearing, but i still have my limits!, and it sort of sounded like a disaster and started thinking, maybe I'll have to get the PC version of a game, which would have been first time in a long time, so I decided to play a bit and really??!! its absolutely fine.

Are there framerate dips? Sure but nothing game breaking - it really is not that bad.
Is there aliasing? Obviously but less then GTA IV and again nothing game breaking

The game is way beyond that of GTA IV and that pixelated stuff that you see in the console versions of GTA IV in the foreground is non-existent

People must of had unrealistic expectation for this game, or PC people jumping on it who couldn't wait for the PC version. Now we all know how overly sensitive PC gamers are.

The game is fine.
But thats me

Again everyone has different sensitivity levels

The good thing?

There's options - 360, PS3, PS4, PC

Witness the arrival of the latest in lowered standards: "25fps most of the time" is now 'fine and perfectly playable.' Christ.

Hey, in five years, will 20 or 15fps be perfectly playable as well? Do we have a floor on these standards or is it open season?

I can't believe people lashing out at those who have higher standards than this. WE are not the problem.

Gonna hold out for the PC version?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I can say from streams I've seen that popin was NEVER like that. Really shitty if the digital version suffers from issues like that.

daw840

Man....Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet.

I didn't do the release day shipping but I thought they would at least get it on the way so I got it this week.

:(

Well, my day didn't go at all as planned (so no postponing at least part of those plans, I sure as fuck ain't doing it tomorrow if GTA V is in my house) but I was still plenty distracted, hopefully it won't happen again tomorrow.

Lots of new pages, can't and won't read them all about 14/15 hours to go on my end! My copy is currently two hours away from where I live. Sometime tonight it'll be sent to the closer facility to be delivered into my awaiting my hands, no they won't be shaking. I'll probably post my "OMG IT'S HERERERERE!!1!1" message and then disappear.

I actually did a database rebuild last night in preparation. It seemed to help a little when I was getting more crap than usual popping up in GTA IV and JC2.

ViciousDS

Banned
Man....Amazon hasn't even shipped my copy yet.

I didn't do the release day shipping but I thought they would at least get it on the way so I got it this week.

:(

be calm even my release day game copy got shipping 30 minutes ago lol that warehouse must be on some major overtime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom