• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
To be clear: The framerate only becomes noticeable bad (I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 20 fps, but I obviously cannot be entirely sure) when driving among lots of cars in the thick of the city. When walking/running around, or when driving on less busy streets, it's absolutely fine. Often up around 30 fps. On average, it's so much better than IV (on PS3 - haven't played the 360 version of that).

Also, I'm having a lot of fun! :) The game just feels better than IV, in controls, looks, everything.

Just booted up the game again, drove a bit, punched a few people and got the cops on me. Game feels fine for me.

I have to say that it looks bloody stunning at times too. Rockstar nailed that lighting.

Joeki11a

Banned
60 Gig Ps3 is better than Ps slim

Go look at AC revelation DF comparison

They talk about original Ps3 being able

To output better graphics or something

People with very unrealistic expectations. First this is a GTA game so doing expect it to be a graphics powerhouse but just the fact that it looks better and runs better than GTA 4 while having more than twice the scale seals the deal for me.

The game seems so hover around mid 20s framerate wise during the day and performs a bit better during the night (ps3)

The game looks very good though. Huge upgrade from IV IMO. There's just so much detail and the draw distance is incredible. It feels like you're in this huge city.

raphanum

Wow, what a depressing and negative thread this has turned into.

I have a suggestion for those of you who seem disappointed with GTAV. Return it and don't play it. Simple as that. Nobody else gives a shit. You can circlejerk each other until the PC version is out.

BFIB

This thread is great. 2 days ago while streams were playing, everyone was thrilled with the performance. Now most are upset with the performance.

This is why I love GAF.

I have a suggestion for those of you who seem disappointed with GTAV. Return it and don't play it. Simple as that. Nobody else gives a shit. You can circlejerk each other until the PC version is out.

I wouldn't recommend running away from a game's faults like a scared child

But that's just me...

Derrick01

Banned

This happens every single time the first people get a game after watching streams or hearing people talk about things that came from streams. Every. Single. Time.

And then it gets better when the vast majority get the game and play.

The game seems so hover around mid 20s framerate wise during the day and performs a bit better during the night (ps3)

The game looks very good though. Huge upgrade from IV IMO. There's just so much detail and the draw distance is incredible. It feels like you're in this huge city.

When you mentioned input lag earlier could this be a TV issue? Do you notice input lag on other games, CoD if you play that etc.?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Frame drops suck, but oh well. I can deal with it until I get the (hopefully) inevitable PS4 version.

DukeBobby

People have a right to complain about performance issues. I just hope the whole thread isn't about that, though.

Risette

A Good Citizen

how do I return a digital preorder that I bought based on official misinformation

Couple of hours in and I haven't gotten much done beside causing chaos, but everything has really impressed and I am really enjoying it.

The framerate for my eyes (on 360 without the play disc installed) feels quite poor a fair bit of the time, when things kick off at 3 stars and above etc.
The visuals are great though.

Also the radio stations haven't appealed to me so much so far. They haven't made me laugh yet and the music selection although many classics feels lacking so far for me.

Amagon

How many in a group for the Gamestop thingy. I'm in group 4.

Also,

1m3HY8Y.gif

can't wait!!

CF22

I'm back from GS with my ticket number. I thought there were going to be only a few people but there were about 150, some of those parents.

leng jai

The framerate is definitely not ideal. It's around TLoU levels during the first few missions so around 25 most of the time. This is on 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom