• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sullen

Witness the arrival of the latest in lowered standards: "25fps most of the time" is now 'fine and perfectly playable.' Christ.

Hey, in five years, will 20 or 15fps be perfectly playable as well? Do we have a floor on these standards or is it open season?

I can't believe people lashing out at those who have higher standards than this. WE are not the problem.

How can you claim to have framerate standards but then also choose to game on several year old hardware at the same time?

I am group #1 at my GameStop here. Just drove by and there are prob 80 or so in line already. I may anger some folk when I pull up at 11:58, stand near the door and wait for em to call #1 group and am out in 5 minutes.

SO HYPED!! 2 1/2 more to go!

Aiming reticule is very small like a dot, makes it hard to know where you're aiming. Maybe it can be changed in options - I'll have a look.

Amir0x

Banned
Gonna hold out for the PC version?

I don't know what other option lies before me, really. It's one thing to be mostly 30 with occasional drops to 25 here and there; from most trusted reports the game basically is mostly 25 and under with occasional jaunts to 30. I will obviously wait for more strenuous and analytical tests to be done on the framerate before saying "no" forever, but if these reports are accurate, I don't see how I can stomach it. GTAIV was bad enough.

Gonna be a loooong wait til PC version

Sullen said:
How can you claim to have framerate standards but then also choose to game on several year old hardware at the same time?

This doesn't even make sense. Plenty of games on consoles are stable framerates; and I have a gaming level PC for when situations like this arrive. I am commenting on the situation this second because it is developing now, that's all.

KorrZ

Witness the arrival of the latest in lowered standards: "25fps most of the time" is now 'fine and perfectly playable.' Christ.

Hey, in five years, will 20 or 15fps be perfectly playable as well? Do we have a floor on these standards or is it open season?

I can't believe people lashing out at those who have higher standards than this. WE are not the problem.

Neither side is a problem it's just different standards. If you're used to playing everything on PC with 60+ FPS minimum then obviously 20-25fps is going to seem horrible. If you've been mainly playing on console then this is going to be barely noticeable for you.

KalBalboa

Banned
Aiming reticule is very small like a dot, makes it hard to know where you're aiming. Maybe it can be changed in options - I'll have a look.

1) Have you played Max Payne 3
2) If so, does the shooting seem comparable?

Neither side is a problem it's just different standards. If you're used to playing everything on PC with 60+ FPS minimum then obviously 20-25fps is going to seem horrible. If you've been mainly playing on console then this is going to be barely noticeable for you.

Pretty much. I've seen such a focus on frame rate as opposed to gameplay this last year that I'm left wondering how foolish I must be to have as much fun as I did with The Last of Us, Uncharted, Max Payne, etc. 25 has always been perfectly fine for me.

doby

Its just what you've got to live with with the current gen tech. High standards are fine but not realistic. The game wouldn't exist without the consoles... so its a make do kinda situation and the majority are more than happy to make do and appreciate the game for what it is, not what it isn't.

Madness

I don't know what other option lies before me, really. It's one thing to be mostly 30 with occasional drops to 25 here and there; from most trusted reports the game basically is mostly 25 and under with occasional jaunts to 30. I will obviously wait for more strenuous and analytical tests to be done on the framerate before saying "no" forever, but if these reports are accurate, I don't see how I can stomach it. GTAIV was bad enough.

This doesn't even make sense. Plenty of games on consoles are stable framerates; and I have a gaming level PC for when situations like this arrive.

How does, looks and plays better than GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption sound to you? Like I understand how it's not ideal, but if it looks and plays and is smoother than GTA IV and Red Dead, they obviously did something right.

Sounds painful. Enjoy.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I bought the digital version since the disc version here in peru is like 80 bucks or more

:(

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
are you guys sure there are issues? how could EVERY review site not mention it?

It's odd. It's like some GAF members are playing a completely different version of GTA V to me. I'm a third of the way through the game on the PS3 and it's been perfectly fine all the way through. There's a bit of aliasing but on the whole it looks brilliant and the controls are responsive.

It's a shame that some of you aren't enjoying the game.

I reckon R* redeemed themselves with the ps3 version. I reckon it looks ace, nothing like IV.

I agree. It's nothing like the PS3 version of GTA IV. That was horrible.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Why isn't this game available to download on 360? Now I'm thinking of going to the Bestbuy midnight opening. I don't know it might be dangerous.

reddmyst

I tolerated Asscreed 3 on the PS3. Didn't really notice frame drops except for in the cities and running through it. I guess I should be okay(?)

Madness

Why isn't this game available to download on 360? Now I'm thinking of going to the Bestbuy midnight opening. I don't know it might be dangerous.

I've gone to midnight launches for almost every big game from 2006 to now. No problems whatsoever. Always tons of store staff and just fellow gamers. Do you live in a bad area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom