• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

DireStr8s

0504_w1b7l.gif

haha, fuck this, sully

SSReborn

I swear when these guys say 12 they literally mean they aren't going to start trying to put up the game until that time as opposed to it being ready for download at 12.

kazebyaka

Banned
Some activities and side missions are such a drag, for example scuba diving collecting parts of a submarine. 30 parts, took me more than an hour to gather them all around the world. Payoff was funny enough, but really, an hour? This game is too big sometimes,lol.

molnizzle

I wish there was a way to return opened video games.

I want to go buy this shit at Walmart, play it tonight then return it once the download is done. lol

Alec

If Microsoft wants something to pick at Sony to appeal to the gamers over, it should absolutely be how they can't get their head out of their asses when it comes to Midnight launches on PSN.

The image is what it was originally.

Then after a dumb tweet by R* and a EST one by Sony, waters were muddled even more.

It was:

12 PST download only ----> 12 PST download only ---> early Sunday US pre-load ---> 12 EST download only ---> ???

garrickk

They corrected it numerous times on the internet that it's 12 EST.

That was a mistake in the store.

Europe always gets treated better when it comes to sony shit. You get better PS+ shit and you get to pre-load? They don't care about us fat 'muricans.
Unless the Sony people on Twitter and their blog (who got the same memo) have the wrong information, and the people who processed the package for the store have it correct....

Big mistake. There will be meltdowns.

dubq

This situation proves everything isn't all roses with the PS4... PSN is a major problem for Sony. Case in point. I doubt I'll go PSN for a big release again.
Except that we don't know how PSN will interact with PS4.. only how it interacts now with PS3.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wish there was a way to return opened video games.

I want to go buy this shit at Walmart, play it tonight then return it once the download is done. lol
You can always sell on Amazon for a few bucks below retail.

inky

Ugh PSN. First game I buy digitally and also the last it seems.

The alternative was to spend $90 at retail as well, so it was shitty or shittier. LOL.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This situation proves everything isn't all roses with the PS4... PSN is a major problem for Sony. Case in point. I doubt I'll go PSN for a big release again.
Except it will probably have preload by default and it's a drastically different online architecture.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
previously they would interrupt themselves to make a snide comment (GTA4 and RDR) It sucked when they were doing some exposition about something and you bump a lamp post and lose out on that information. So, this, to me, sounds like their way of resolving that.

it's intentional voice repeating, and it's awesome.

Well, that may be so, but it still sounds really weird to me. It ends up as the character saying exactly the same thing twice, in exactly the same way, and it just doesn't sound like something anyone would ever do in real life. I kind of get why they would do it, but to me it's completely unnatural.

sdornan

Sony is waiting in line at a GameStop for a disc to take back to HQ and upload to PSN. And they didn't preorder. And they're in group 12. And they're way into the DJ.

nib95

Banned
Ugh PSN. First game I buy digitally and also the last it seems.

The alternative was to spend $90 at retail as well, so it was shitty or shittier. LOL.

Honestly, buying games on PSN is usually problem free and fast. Just don't buy big tentpole titles like this on day one and expect a smooth ordeal. Their servers are going to get absolutely CRUSHED tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if GTA V is the biggest selling game of the year, and that's competing against titans like COD, BF, Fifa etc.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ouch.. sorry you PSN downloaders are having such trouble.

This really doesn't instill confidence in the digital future I was planning to go down with the PS4. SCEA really needs to get their shit together. I hope they do so by November 15th. It needs to be a PRIORITY for them.

Fixed1979

I think that they don't have digital day one. But its better, don't promise something what you can't deliver. Simple as that.
They don't I was trying to be an ass!

Seriously though it's been 20 minutes, I've waited longer for Steam to drop a new release...nothing to be upset about...yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I won't be playing the game for another 19 hours or so. I didn't expect the PSN release to be smooth considering there's already over 9k in ratings so it will sell well on PSN as well as a ton at retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom