• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
#firegracechen

Out for blood.

EDIT: Honestly, what is really upsetting is the mixed messaging behind this whole thing. It's astounding to me that despite all the inquiries, no one could definitely clear up the confusion over this download. It does not instil confidence in the US PS store's team. Same goes for inconsistent update times and a lack of pre-loading.

So, on the 360 version of the game, the song "ADHD" by Kendrick Lamar is played on one of the radio stations and the word "Playstation" is censored from the song. Can anyone with the PS3 version say if its the same case for that console?

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to do that but I was kinda surprised to hear it censored when nothing else is censored from the music in the game.

ROFL. Not surprising in the least. Microsoft wouldn't allow Call of Duty to partner with Sony for 3DTV, so they had to go with LG.

nib95

Banned
Don't offer it if they can't deliver. I expect regular access to something they are offering, simple as that.

Think of it this way, I can't go to a midnight launch of this game tonight and expect not to queue up for a good amount of time (in some places maybe even hours) and deal with all the bustle. It's just par for cause with massive releases.

DjRoomba

Banned
i went to my local store at midnight. There was line, but then guy came out said "sorry for the wait" and I had the game 2 minutes later. Line of hundreds can move real quick

npa189

They had all goddamn day to get this sorted out, for arguably the biggest game of the year they fuck this up? they did the same thing to me with injustice, why the hell would I ever buy a digital PS4 game now? *Gets new console, sets up new console, can't play anything on new console because Grace Chen is sleeping*

oneils

Damn, the one walmart in Ottawa with a midnight release:

54v.jpg

mazillion

So, on the 360 version of the game, the song "ADHD" by Kendrick Lamar is played on one of the radio stations and the word "Playstation" is censored from the song. Can anyone with the PS3 version say if its the same case for that console?

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to do that but I was kinda surprised to hear it censored when nothing else is censored from the music in the game.
Haha kinda makes sense for the xbox version, I'm curiou, I have the ps3 version (installing data off the disk right now) so I gotta see if it is censored for the ps3 version.

Xamdou

They had all goddamn day to get this sorted out, for arguably the biggest game of the year they fuck this up? they did the same thing to me with injustice, why the hell would I ever buy a digital PS4 game now? *Gets new console, sets up new console, can't play anything on new console because Grace Chen is sleeping*

Really no excuse for that, it's like the Diablo 3 launch all over again.

i went to my local store at midnight. There was line, but then guy came out said "sorry for the wait" and I had the game 2 minutes later. Line of hundreds can move real quick
My local GameStop was terrible. Just one line, and people were preordering it on the spot, so took me almost an hour to get my hands on it.

As an Xbox 360 owner, I've never bothered with installing games to the hard drive, mostly because I'm still rocking one of the older 20 GB models. Should I decide to pick up Grand Theft Auto V tomorrow, will I be okay putting the mandatory install on an external thumb drive or hard drive?

Dug

Banned
Just got back from the midnight launch with my collectors edition, about 30-50 people were there. The box that holds the hat/game in the collectors edition is awesome. Installing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom