• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
grandtheftautov_15qpsey.png

grandtheftautov_10z3sea.png

grandtheftautov_11vtdnt.png

grandtheftautov_12roc46.png

Was the cinematic police camera in IV?

ShogunX

Physical copy master race :)

Seriously why pay more for less? GTA is one of those games that holds it's value really well too. Seems so bizarre to pay a premium for a game that needs downloading for hours with no resale value.

Physical copy all the way.

Ploid 3.0

Hah, background downloading is indeed faster. Just jumped to 23% in no time.

Maybe when you store download they take into consideration that you will install straight after. But downloading in the background will just download without install. So you just cut out install time.

malts

Well that was scary. Amazon shipment tracking page is showing 9/18 delivery but UPS.com still shows 9/17. I did the Amazon chat and they said it showed 9/17 as well. Shit better get here tomorrow.

Mine has been the same. I feel confident it'll come tomorrow, Amazon has very rarely done me wrong in the past.

DJMicLuv

Posted also in the PSN downloading problem topic...
Bought and downloaded on UK PSN just gone midnight.
18gb download took 5 hours, 'download in background' used but didn't use the PS3 while it was downloading.
Installed fine to 100%.
So if there's a problem installing past 14% it's not a universal problem.

nib95

Banned
Seriously why pay more for less? GTA is one of those games that holds it's value really well too. Seems so bizarre to pay a premium for a game that needs downloading for hours with no resale value.

Yeap, I seriously don't get it.

Hip Hop

Exactly.

whenever they release a PC/next gen version, I'm selling my copy. Love it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well... not super fast, but should be done by morning.

As long as my PS3 doesn't shut itself off like it did constantly during TLoU download.

vilmer_

"This content cannot be selected at this time"

Thanks PSN. Is this happening for anyone else in Canada? Already reset my system three times, and I've got 220GB free. Got my preorder dash theme at least...

day 1 more like [REDACTED]

You're not supposed to install it to the hard drive because it's built to stream content from both sources (HDD+disc) - having it all on the hard drive reduces the total available bandwidth for that data. So a USB stick might actually work.

Had this happen for a half an hour before I could even see a fucking download option on the PS store, even after refreshing every other second.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm changing my prediction. We're gonna hit OT2 in eight hours at the most, lol.

Almost 2/3 through my physical copy install. Line was chill at my GS. Two cute girls ahead of me that I shot the shit with while waiting. One of them kept talking about she was going to wait for hours for Elder Scrolls Online when they did a midnight release of that. Didn't want to go into GAF-mode and tell her no one will be doing midnight releases of ESO unless she lives in a major metropolitan center like NYC or LA/San Fran. I did tell her I traded in my copy of Skyrim for this game though and she gave me crap for it. Was a fun way to kill time waiting for my copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom