• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install?

for an 18GB game. I'd say well over a twenty minutes if you're lucky.

I hope you guys aren't using background downloading.

I like to live life on the edge. Has everyone who has used Background Downloading run into issues? It was much slower for me while in the store front.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm the only one here that actually preordered the game and just jumped to the front of the line. DEATH STARES EVERYWHERE
Some assholes did that at the Halo 4 launch I went to last year. You're lucky you made it out alive, lol.

*pops out of hiding*

Guys downloading on the PSN you absolutely MUST put it in background download. If anything happens (psn crash, ps3 crash, etc) a background will leave off where it was... an active one WILL NOT!

I was watching this thread to find out when it came up instead of reloading it myself. Thanks for that. I'm going back to gaf vacation. Pass this info on though. Someone loses their download at 15gb they are going to freak the fuck out.

*vanishes*

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Installation is so close. SO CLOSE.

Something about me being able to do this before the digital version is done is sickly amusing to me.

BTBHoqe.jpg

*pops out of hiding*

Guys downloading on the PSN you absolutely MUST put it in background download. If anything happens (psn crash, ps3 crash, etc) a background will leave off where it was... an active one WILL NOT!

I was watching this thread to find out when it came up instead of reloading it myself. Thanks for that. I'm going back to gaf vacation. Pass this info on though. Someone loses their download at 15gb they are going to freak the fuck out.

*vanishes*

Uhm, apparently a background download could cause it to be corrupted. Not recommended.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
*pops out of hiding*

*vanishes*
Wait what? why are you hiding where have you been look out for those ninjas noooooooo

realcZk

Are people sure background downloading is what caused the corruption issues? How would that be a factor?

I read that - but it seemed to corrupt for everyone at 14%.

I waited until 20% or so and put it in the background so I can resume it later if for some reason it shuts off during the night.

Bed time.

npa189

Feels like a spastic weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm way too deep into this, but in the words of the wise Jeff Gertsmann: I'm so twisted up in this and I'm riding the nightmare all the way down. 386 min left on a 20mb connection, but the family is also using netflix, and that would be so douchey to kick them off. They will sleep soon, and the PS3 will have the information superhighway all to its self tonight.

Nononono, the employees moved me. I would have happily stayed in my place. There were like 8 people ahead of me anyways.

Ok never mind that's awesome, I woulda felt boss in that situation :)

I shoulda went to the midnight launch I'm still awake reading this damn thread. Would have been to tempting to play though and I have to get up at 5am

Right now I'm in the ps store downloading the game. I have my ps3 set up so it turns on from 2-4am. What's gonna happen at 2;00? Will my download become a background download automatically?

realcZk

I should also mention - if you're in a hurry it might not be wise to tell it to download in the background.

I've tested on several occasions and putting downloads in the background throttles my speed by nearly half.

Bleep

I should also mention - if you're in a hurry it might not be wise to tell it to download in the background.

I've tested on several occasions and putting downloads in the background throttles my speed by nearly half.

If you focus the download again from either the download management or shutdown menus does it go back to normal speed or do you really have to never hit the background download button to get full speeds?

npa189

*pops out of hiding*

*vanishes*

Can we trust you? my day of GTA V rides on your advice, I place this on you... *hits background*

realcZk

If you focus the download again from either the download management or shutdown menus does it go back to normal speed or do you really have to never hit the background download button to get full speeds?

Focusing on it now and watching bandwidth graph on my router, it's still a lot slower than it was. This isn't the only game I've noticed this on though - I usually avoid background downloading when I'm in a hurry.

Prompto

Banned
Quick probably dumb and paranoid question: If I preordered GTA V at GameStop but don't go to the midnight launch, I'm still guaranteed a copy in the morning right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom