• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zok310

Banned
PSN dling at less than 2Mb/s for me. All my friends on my friends list been playing the game since 12:00. This will be my last PSN purchase, never again. I was better off waiting 20 mins in line at the store.
Can't believe Sony is going to charge people for this shit next gen.
They should be ashamed of this crappy network.
Had all day to let people preload but noooooooo......

This sure is a length of time that is being displayed on my PS3 right now.

capture6gexd.png

That's about the same amount of time for my download too. *brofist*

Wow! Downloading in the background is significantly faster. Solid 2.5MB/s

Hope it doesn't corrupt. If it does i'll just reset the download and go to bed. Should know soon enough.

kaskade

Jesus this install is tormenting me right now. Plus I had some updates since I haven't turned my console on in a while. Almost there.

molnizzle

do background... helped me out tremendously. getting about 1-1.5mbs now which (unless I'm doing math wrong since I'm really tired) is something like 5 hours.

Have you not seen all the threads? Background download has been causing corrupted installs, forcing people to re-download the entire game...

PSN dling at less than 2Mb/s for me. All my friends on my friends list been playing the game since 12:00. This will be my last PSN purchase, never again. I was better off waiting 20 mins in line at the store.
Can't believe Sony is going to charge people for this shit next gen.
They should be ashamed of this crappy network.
Had all day to let people preload but noooooooo......

They aren't going to charge for the store.

Soupstorm

Neo Member
"This content cannot be selected at this time"

Thanks PSN. Is this happening for anyone else in Canada? Already reset my system three times, and I've got 220GB free. Got my preorder dash theme at least...

day 1 more like [REDACTED]

Thought Rock star said not to install 2nd disc?

You're not supposed to install it to the hard drive because it's built to stream content from both sources (HDD+disc) - having it all on the hard drive reduces the total available bandwidth for that data. So a USB stick might actually work.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
They told people without preorders to leave as they are sold out.

Really? Was this at a non-Gamestop?

There were 14 designated "groups". Then after that were the people who pre-ordered--luckily I was able to finagle my way to the front of that line somehow. After that there was a massive group of people who didn't pre-order. Gamestops must have gotten a fuckton of copies.

hlhbk

Installing to a USB drive is fine, it's just installing to the actual HDD that causes issues since the game is already streaming the mandatory install data from there.

360 need certain sized flash drives? I got a 32 GB laying around. Also is it confirmed it is OK to install to USB?

Thanks PSN. Is this happening for anyone else in Canada? Already reset my system three times, and I've got 220GB free. Got my preorder dash theme at least...

day 1 more like gay 1

You're not supposed to install it to the hard drive because it's built to stream content from both sources (HDD+disc) - having it all on the hard drive reduces the total available bandwidth for that data. So a USB stick might actually work.

Use the search and search for Grand then it should show up.

paparazzo

Well that was scary. Amazon shipment tracking page is showing 9/18 delivery but UPS.com still shows 9/17. I did the Amazon chat and they said it showed 9/17 as well. Shit better get here tomorrow.

bounchfx

Is there a complete list of all the songs in the game yet? I've found some online but.. surely there has to be SOME metal in the game...right?......RIGHT?

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Man, after seeing how massive the line was for the GTA launch in my smallish Gamestop area, the PS4 launch is going to be fucking insane. Gonna have to camp out if you want your damn pre-order at launch. Especially if it comes out that the infinitely stocked PS4 pre-orders aren't so infinite as we had thought.

EDIT: For the dude wondering, GTA auto-installs when you boot it up. Been sitting here for maybe 5 mins and it's already ~half way.

no bueno

You should probably edit that spoiler, could be taken as homophobic, and that's a no no here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom