• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Andddd installed.

Enjoy gentleman. GL w/ midnight launches and PSN downloads. Gonna start playin...put on some Workaholics on the monitor off to the side and startin rockinz.

Love ya'llzzz <3

DJMicLuv

Seriously why pay more for less? GTA is one of those games that holds it's value really well too. Seems so bizarre to pay a premium for a game that needs downloading for hours with no resale value.

Physical copy all the way.

I found out yesterday, through phoning around all the local shops, that getting a physical copy would be a real slog if not impossible.They all said the same thing - pre-orders sold out so don't bother looking.
I didn't pre-order the game as I don't usually find I need to pre-order software unless it's limited so I decided to get the download version so I didn't have to rush around today in the hope of finding a copy still on the shelves and would still get to enjoy it on release day.
It's not ideal but it's much better than nothing.

I found out yesterday, through phoning around all the local shops, that getting a physical copy would be a real slog if not impossible.They all said the same thing - pre-orders sold out so don't bother looking.
I didn't pre-order the game as I don't usually find I need to pre-order software unless it's limited so I decided to get the download version so I didn't have to rush around today in the hope of finding a copy still on the shelves and would still get to enjoy it on release day.

wtf a game sold out of pre-orders? I've never seen something like that before.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
This game....
gtavjetski1_by_xbulletz-d6mkr6x.gif

The lighting and water shaders...

Holy shit.

I just got back from waiting 2+ hours for the midnight relase...it was fucking cooold outside. So after I got my special edition I went to get some hot food to warm myself up. I come back home all giddy and excited to play this game.

My PS3 got YLOD when I turned it on.

-_____-

Ploid 3.0

On my mobile phone, that GIF looks more impressive than that next gen wave race type game. Rockstar putting those millions to good use.

That gif looks 60fps though. Probably not but it's fast.

Looking at the pictures posted recently (maybe last page) do you think Rockstar would have posted pictures like that? People said Rockstar didn't do bullshots.

I just got back from waiting 2+ hours for the midnight relase...it was fucking cooold outside. So after I got my special edition I went to get some hot food to warm myself up. I come back home all giddy and excited to play this game.

-_____-

That's painful.

Was the 2nd to walk out with GTAV WOOOOOOO. Man what a massive line. Atleast 200 people in a small GameStop. Never seen a line that large here. Installing now already at 3GB in a few minutes.

Catch you on the flip side!

Gaz_RB

-_____-

You're kidding right...?

That's the worst!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

-_____-
I would cry.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Seriously why pay more for less? GTA is one of those games that holds it's value really well too. Seems so bizarre to pay a premium for a game that needs downloading for hours with no resale value.

Physical copy all the way.
Aside from the made up preload that never happened, I wanted digital because of the ability to just select it and play from my console. Sometimes I just wanna boot it up and do GTA-ey stuff for a few minutes. A disc gets in the middle of that spontaneity.

(that is, unless this game is secretly like GTA4 and RDR and absolutely everything about it is a dreary depressing slog, in which case oh god what did I do I'm not getting any of that money back, but I'm p. sure that won't happen)

NBtoaster

hooray it started raining!

I should have taken video, only got screens :(

Looked real good, puddles formed, some bigger ones had current too.

Mr. Hyde

Mom and pop stores? If it is anything like GTA IV, places like Best Buy will restock in the morning and have infinite copies. They were sitting all over the store the day of release. It could be different this year though.

-_____-

NE8AzII.jpg

My wife tries to be funny. I get home with the game and she says " look babe honey boo boo's wedding! "

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Nope ... Nope .... HELL NO

-_____-

My thoughts are with you.

implike

Neo Member

I guarantee target or bestbuy will have gta v for people who didn't pre order

Kade

Got my copy. Anyone know what the square sticker with the diagonally divided white half on the case is? Thought it was just me but other people have it on their cases too. First time I've seen it.

-_____-

Damn that's rough.

terrible

Banned
5082 out of 7876mb installed.

Might as well have a long disc install to make me wait even longer. I can totally handle it.

*eye twitches*

dandoolan

My copy should arrive in the next couple of hours according to tracking. Amazon UK never disappoints. Got to go to work though, so won't be able to play for a few hours at least. Trying to duck out early though to get the majority of the day with it.

DJMicLuv

wtf a game sold out of pre-orders? I've never seen something like that before.

I've had a few small problems in the past in the UK with finding release day copies of more obscure titles (usually on Nintendo consoles for some reason) but GTA4 was plentiful on release day as are most big titles. Even the big supermarkets told me "Don't bother coming at midnight - there are no copies unreserved and we're expecting a big crowd."
I'm genuinely shocked at how big the release of this game has been. It's comparable to a console launch. Those photos earlier from the European launches are Japanese Monster Hunter levels of crazy.

molnizzle

Download going substantially slower now... seemingly around 750k/sec. Sigh...

I reeeeaaaally wanna just background this bitch and play some Diablo III. What to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom