• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If I'd known Shopto weren't going to deliver a day early I'd have just ordered it from GAME or something and gone to the midnight launch. The wait is agonising.

Hey guys, sorry to ask this but it will make my decision easier on whether to wait for the PC AND PS4(?) version.

Which console offers better graphics even if ever so slightly? I was shocked when I played Red Dead Redemption on PS3 after playing the XBOX360 version, less density in shrubs and worse AA etc.

Unfortunately unlike Red Dead Redemption I no longer have an XBOX360 so if the PS3 version is slightly worse then I'll just wait for the PC or even PS4 version.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Loving this so far. The first mission leading to you getting control of Michael in the story was really well done.

Also, how awesome is Franklin's special ability? When they first said what all 3 had his sounded by far the lamest to me, but it gives you a lot of time and insane amounts of control. Feels weird being Michael and not being able to be max speed between cars sliding into a giant u turn.

Linius

Can anyone inform me on the differences between that luxurious black guide with hard cover and the standard Brady Games guide? The price is almost the same over here and I have no idea which one to order.

leng jai

Installed and played through the introduction. I like what I've played immensely so far, but I have to admit that I preferred car handling in GTA IV (which I alone apparently thought was near perfection). After playing through TLoU last week the graphics are extremely underwhelming too, although obviously this is an open-world game whereas TLoU is not. The framerate is rock solid, though.

It's more like the graphics are fantastic for a GTA game and the framerate is anything but solid.

Shady859

Got my midnight launch copy!

I was playing some Killzone on my Vita while waiting in line and dude in front of me asked "yo, is that a Wii U?" His buddy said "nah man, that's a... a... Vista."

I knew the Vita is having sales issues, but FFS, it's hard to sell when people don't even know what it is!

Haha sounds like my mom who wanted to get my nephew a Wii U for Christmas so he could play Wii games anywhere. She thought it was a portable Wii you bring with U.... In her defense my parents stopped moving forward with the SNES. A "Vista" would explode minds!

Riggs

Banned
Haha sounds like my mom who wanted to get my nephew a Wii U for Christmas so he could play Wii games anywhere. She thought it was a portable Wii you bring with U.... In her defense my parents stopped moving forward with the SNES. A "Vista" would explode minds!

Haha your mom is fucking awesome.

testing

0_0.jpg

nawwafh

Question about the PSN version of the game.. I understand its around 18gb in total.. does thatmean the PSN version also installs to hard disk the 8gb that is needed to be installed when u have the disk? basically what im asking is .. is the total size 18gb or 18gb + 8 gb?

Tizoc

Quick response :
Yes , there is one pretty early in the game

more details :
This is how the stealth works : you have to press L3 to activate stealth mode, your character will then move slower and will make less noise, you can install kill people if you get them from behind during when in that mode. You can't crouch manually, it's been replaced by the cover system

Ah I see thanks, one thing though
so there are stealth kills, but no stealth takedowns?

Madness

Anyone post pics of the blueprint map? Curious of the overall size. Thanks
Oh and another 15hrs wait for me yet...yay.

cydmeX6.jpg

Steel book case in bottom left corner as good indicator of size. Pretty solid thick paper as well. Has a bunch of custom car, fast cash and other hidden location stuff on it.

Playing the PSN version and as far as I can tell the complaints about endless pop in are nonsense. I mean it's there, but of course it is as an open world console game. Looking at footage shows the same minor issues elsewhere. Game looks fine.

Sojgat

Watching GB Quick look while I eat... did Rockstar censor the blood in the Australian version?

Haven't seen any blood pools like the ones Jeff was leaving, maybe I just need to kill some more people...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Playing the PSN version and as far as I can tell the complaints about endless pop in are nonsense. I mean it's there, but of course it is as an open world console game. Looking at footage shows the same minor issues elsewhere. Game looks fine.

Very few popups spotted so far. Driving is fine, very similar to Midnight club: LA. Too bad that I have to go to work right now :\

Just played 4 and a half hours straight, and could have kept going if I wasn't exhausted.

I really wasn't feeling it off the bat. The physics seemed off, the driving was weird, the aliasing was making it hard for me to really enjoy the world (so much dithering, be prepared). after about an hour, my eyes adjusted, and I got used to the mechanics. It's very different aesthetically and mechanically from GTA IV, you really need time to adapt, so don't let your very first impressions be dismay you.

Once you get in the swing of things, you'll see how beautiful and smooth this game is. The first time I went to the beach, I just about dropped my controller. I've had numerous incredible moments so far, and only a small number of those were in missions. It's truly massive, and every place on the map feels unique and detailed. I didn't think it was possible, but it seems to be exceeding my expectations in some ways.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YOSHI hang the fuck in there bro, I got you! Van you skype?
I just wanna do my work and gtfo! Less than 4 hours to go ... fuckkkkkkk

Tell me more Riggs, how much did you like GTAIV and how much are you enjoying this in comparison?!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every single Special Edition was preordered and got picked up at the midnight I went to.

Crazy stuff. Got mine, but I've just never seen them all picked up AT the midnight instead of on Tuesday.

Couple of hours in...

Well, it's certainly a GTA game. I'm enjoying it, but the controls are still plagued by a bit of jank and there's a pervading sense of 'jack of all trades, master of none', i.e. when you get into a forced bout of fisticuffs. Super pov.

Also, the gunplay just doesn't seem that fun thus far; aim > auto-lock > shoot with ridiculous accuracy > rinse & repeat. It needed an even bigger overhaul. Every firefight feels like you're in a shooting range. Sure, MP3 kinda felt like that, too, but without Max's mobility and bullet-time, a lot is lost.

Riggs

Banned
I just wanna do my work and gtfo! Less than 4 hours to go ... fuckkkkkkk

Tell me more Riggs, how much did you like GTAIV and how much are you enjoying this in comparison?!

Man I took off 4 days of work for GTA IV, for this I would do a week. It really is legit man, very polished. Hope for PC version some day.

Having tons of fun man, I am no fan boy this is really just a good game. D3 console shit baby! Talk to me son!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man I took off 4 days of work for GTA IV, for this I would do a week. It really is legit man, very polished. Hope for PC version some day.

Having tons of fun man, I am no fan boy this is really just a good game. D3 console shit baby! Talk to me son!!

EXCITTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Fjordson

I <3 Franklin and Lamar. Total assholes together, but hilarious.

And for anyone playing on 360, if you have a 16 GB stick handy I can definitely recommend installing the "play" disc to that. Performance has been rock solid for me, both with framerate and pop-in.

Couple of hours in...

Well, it's certainly a GTA game. I'm enjoying it, but the controls are still plagued by a bit of jank and there's a pervading sense of 'jack of all trades, master of none', i.e. when you get into a forced bout of fisticuffs. Super pov.

Also, the gunplay just doesn't seem that fun thus far; aim > auto-lock > shoot with ridiculous accuracy > rinse & repeat. It needed an even bigger overhaul. Every firefight feels like you're in a shooting range. Sure, MP3 kinda felt like that, too, but without Max's mobility and bullet-time, a lot is lost.
Turn that auto-aim off, dawg. Free aim + upping the sensitivity is the way to go.

Linius

And for anyone playing on 360, if you have a 16 GB stick handy I can definitely recommend installing the "play" disc to that. Performance has been rock solid for me, both with framerate and pop-in.

By "play" you mean the second disc that doesn't demand install?

Riggs

Banned
Guys fuck traditional and auto aim, go free aim and pretend you are Robert Deniro in heat. Only 1 way to survive on these streets.

paischtu

Neo Member
God fucking damnit.
I know this sounds crazy to some people but just got the 360 version, played some.
Is it just me or is the framerate real crappy? And the aliasing, holy fuck.. I think I need a smaller TV.
And what is up with the pop ins? Installed Disc 1. Disc 2 not installed ofcourse.

glaurung

Hell yeah. I like how snappy the dialog is in this game. It feels like they're cramming at least thrice the amount of words into each discussion. Well, compared to GTA IV. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it so far.

Also, team #anothersixhoursatwork before team #playinggtavagain. Today is going to be slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom