• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Game looks excellent to me. Night time is where it truly shines

and holy shit. Being pinned down in the street, taking cover by two cars while shooting down cops, as well as dodging fire from a helicopter. The gameplay is so amazing.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Did some cheats.

Spawned whatever the attack heli is. Dear god the controls on that thing sucked. missiles locked on, though

nikos

Damn, it's already 5:30. Totally lost track of time and I could definitely keep playing but I'm going to try to sleep and get up early.

Game is great so far, and I haven't even come close to scratching its surface.

Aliasing is pretty bad unless you turn your sharpness way down, so everyone should check their settings. Sharpness should be off/low for good calibration anyway.

I have to play with some input lag because Game Mode on my TV forces sharpness to be at 50, and it looks terrible. If the PS3 could upscale to 1080p, I'd be able to use my TV's even better PC mode but the game doesn't support it.

Anyway, going to try to sleep so I can continue in the morning!

Riggs

Banned
Game looks excellent to me. Night time is where it truly shines

and holy shit. Being pinned down in the street, taking cover by two cars while shooting down cops, as well as dodging fire from a helicopter. The gameplay is so amazing.

Shit gets so crazy man!

Nah man 5 years wait calls for a drink.

Ty for enabling me, I love you. Cheers m8, wish I could give you all free drinks!

ironcreed

Banned
I am in the opening segment and it looks just as good as the streams led me to believe. Huge leap over GTA IV, even with the aliasing that is reported in both versions. Runs like butter as well. PSN version is perfectly fine.

On a side note, thank god I can hold X to run, as opposed to tapping.

3:30AM here, pretty intoxicated. My Amazon order is guaranteed tomorrow, I just wish I knew when. I hope to wake up around 12-1PM and play this game for a good 8-12 hours

Robin64

Hahahaha, sorry man! I wish I could hype people up even more but @work and can barely browse GAF :(!

HYPE NONETHELESS! SOOOOOOON!

7 hours for me. I wasn't even planning on getting this. And I never enjoyed IV at all.

But I do this every time, I think "I am immune to the GTA hype" and then I end up getting it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Orlando, FL, United States 09/17/2013 3:55 A.M. Departure Scan

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 09/17/2013, By End of Day

Nice and it should be here when I get off work

NBtoaster

lovely view

cargo1efvz.gif

Dries

Can someone tell me which Steve Miller Band song is in the game? The leaks say "Rock'n Me", but the R* manual app says "Take the money and run".

NeoGiff

I am in the opening segment and it looks just as good as the streams led me to believe. Huge leap over GTA IV, even with the aliasing that is reported in both versions. Runs like butter as well. PSN version is perfectly fine.

On a side note, thank god I can hold X to run, as opposed to tapping.

That's great to hear, I'm just waiting for the PSN version to finish downloading now...the slow speed is as agonizing as ever.

So gta5 on ps3 outputs in 7.1 to my receiver but the two surround back channels are silent :(

Is actually 5.1 output as false 7.1 which actually means its worse, most AC receivers will create the extra sound when fed 5.1 to make it sound 7.1, in this case all you get is 5.1, meaning two speakers will be silent.

Disappointing

Yawnier

Banned
YOU'RE KILLING ME LISA

I won't be able to play this game for another 11 or 12 hours yet, but have fun in the mean time gaffers!

Riky

$MSFT
Despite living at the same address for 13 years and having hundreds of deliveries form Amazon UK including a CD this very day my copy has been returned to warehouse as "Undeliverable"

They have refunded my £34.99 and now are out of stock and the price has gone up for back orders, terrible service.

Anyone else have trouble installing the play disc on 360? Mine gets to 49% before I get a scratched disc error. There is a small scratch on the disc (no idea how). Thought I'd ask anyway as I've had absolutely horribly scratched discs install fine. Might have to return it.

anddo0

Just woke up, and it's done installing. Gonna do my morning ritual (Brush teeth, coffee and GAF). And then it's time to return the world of GTA!

Riggs

Banned
Despite living at the same address for 13 years and having hundreds of deliveries form Amazon UK including a CD this very day my copy has been returned to warehouse as "Undeliverable"

They have refunded my £34.99 and now are out of stock and the price has gone up for back orders, terrible service.

I am sorry bro :(

Just a heads up to anyone worrying about the PSN Digital version texture pop in issue, I have it installed on a super slim 250gb PS3 and there is a no texture pop in during the intro at any of the times shown in that video, nor did I see any pop in during high speed driving, games solid on the PSN version guys.

ekim

Man, loving it so far, but that traffic AI is shit.

Really? I love the traffic AI this time - in GTAIV the AI drivers were too predictable. This time you really have to watch your step when crossing the street +you can setup horrible mass crashes when driving into the oncoming traffic on the freeway.

ironcreed

Banned
Noticed a tad of pop-in right before I got to take control of Franklin, but nothing since. The shooting and driving are so improved it is ridiculous, and I even liked the driving in IV. It is still running like silk as well.

I have a very pressing question for GAF users in North America who purchased the game:

Look at your disc and check out the code near the chick's thigh.

Tell me what it says.

I need to know because I live in Taiwan, but I'm from Canada and have a Canadian PSN account. As I understand it, the DLC is region-locked. The promo code that came with my Special Edition was only redeemable with an Asian account (so I have a Hong Kong account for redeeming codes).

But the box itself says it's a region 1 copy. I can't tell if the disc is or not.

I need someone with a PS3 copy from North America.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Riggs! Post pic of your dude in-game! NO SPOILERZ

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really? I love the traffic AI this time - in GTAIV the AI drivers were too predictable. This time you really have to watch your step when crossing the street +you can setup horrible mass crashes when driving into the oncoming traffic on the freeway.

Sounds like San Andreas. You got some absolute nutters on those roads.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom