• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I <3 Franklin and Lamar. Total assholes together, but hilarious.

And for anyone playing on 360, if you have a 16 GB stick handy I can definitely recommend installing the "play" disc to that. Performance has been rock solid for me, both with framerate and pop-in.

Turn that auto-aim off, dawg. Free aim + upping the sensitivity is the way to go.

Cheers for the tip! Sensitivity is upped, but I may have to experiment with free-aim.

Riggs

Banned
Hell yeah. I like how snappy the dialog is in this game. It feels like they're cramming at least thrice the amount of words into each discussion. Well, compared to GTA IV. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I like it so far.

Also, team #anothersixhoursatwork before team #playinggtavagain. Today is going to be slow.

Just go #teamwalt ,.fuck the world!

So, it's ok post some selfie in the OT now?

0_0.jpg

I made a mistake and I joined the Ps3 Gaf crew but I'm playing on xbox, how is called the right one?

Fjordson

Cheers for the tip! Sensitivity is upped, but I may have to experiment with free-aim.
I think it helps a lot. I first got in the game and it was too sluggish and I don't like the auto-aim, makes it too easy. Not sure why R* loves auto-aim so much, it's the default aiming in all their games.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
God fucking damnit.
I know this sounds crazy to some people but just got the 360 version, played some.
Is it just me or is the framerate real crappy? And the aliasing, holy fuck.. I think I need a smaller TV.
And what is up with the pop ins? Installed Disc 1. Disc 2 not installed ofcourse.
It's a open world game on a limited memory. I don't know how you did not expect pop-ins

And for anyone playing on 360, if you have a 16 GB stick handy I can definitely recommend installing the "play" disc to that. Performance has been rock solid for me, both with framerate and pop-in.

You've compared the performance both running from disk and running from the USB stick?

Pachimari

Played a few hours and I am loving it. But I am going to talk about some of the negatives here, I stole a fire truck and there is no fire missions. I got in a cop car and no crime fighting missions. A look around and there are no hidden packages or any collectibles. I did a side mission that involved a tow truck but once the mission was over that was it, it didn't unlock tow truck missions. I look at the stats and there are only 16 random events in the entire game world. Its missing so many of the things I love to just mess around with in GTA, I am kind of bummed.

I am sure as the game goes on I will be in complete love but it sucks to see so much stuff cut out.

The police missions are some of my favorites in a GTA game, this really makes me bummed. Also that the shooting isn't like Max Payne 3. =/

I'm curious when I'll receive my game, hopefully before 4 hours.

RustyRobot

Neo Member
God fucking damnit.
I know this sounds crazy to some people but just got the 360 version, played some.
Is it just me or is the framerate real crappy? And the aliasing, holy fuck.. I think I need a smaller TV.
And what is up with the pop ins? Installed Disc 1. Disc 2 not installed ofcourse.
The aliasing is really horrible in Los Santos. Absolutely no improvement compared to GTA4. However, game looks a lot better in the countryside.

Does anyone else find the aiming reticle too small? The Max-Payne-style dot, I mean (I know you can change it, but the other style is too ugly). I feel like it's a much smaller dot than it was in any of the Max Paynes, but then I played them on my computer monitor and I'm playing GTA V on my TV, so maybe that's the difference? I usually have to wiggle it around a little bit before I can spot it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, seeing you get hyped just hypes me even more.
Hahahaha, sorry man! I wish I could hype people up even more but @work and can barely browse GAF :(!

HYPE NONETHELESS! SOOOOOOON!

paischtu

Neo Member
The aliasing is really horrible in Los Santos. Absolutely no improvement compared to GTA4. However, game looks a lot better in the countryside.

Yea it's a real shame. Gonna play it now for the story and later on PC gonna 100% it. Still it's impressive that they pulled it off somehow, I just had too high expectations..

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I <3 Franklin and Lamar. Total assholes together, but hilarious.

Turn that auto-aim off, dawg. Free aim + upping the sensitivity is the way to go.

How much space does the play disc take up?

NeoGaffer

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm if the game has XMB (for PS3 users) custom soundtrack, and if so, are there any kind of limitations/restrictions?

Asks a user with a DRIVER avatar.

UnrealEck

People seem to think because hardware is inside a chasis with "Xbox" or "PlayStation" printed on it, it's going to have some magical hidden power or ability to do more than is technically possible.
Games on console are all about making comprimises in the right places. Cutting corners where they think it's best to cut them whilst keeping the game looking as good as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom