• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Played for two hours with my housemate and we laughed our asses off getting into random trouble. The highlight was probably taking a jetski down river rapids to evade police. Now I'm playing by myself and just taking it all in. B-)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My wife has just recieved my Collector's Edition!!!

Nathan-Fillion-bomb-castle.gif
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
How are you guys posting these pictures? It tells me R* Social Club isn't currently available.

Dead Man

Really? I love the traffic AI this time - in GTAIV the AI drivers were too predictable. This time you really have to watch your step when crossing the street +you can setup horrible mass crashes when driving into the oncoming traffic on the freeway.

I find the lack of lane discipline weird, they seem to not check behind them before changing lanes, even if I am going slowly. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Sounds like San Andreas. You got some absolute nutters on those roads.

Awesome.

It's a lot like SA traffic, actually.

Was thinking of doing one more mission, but I think I'm gonna call it a night. Loving the game, even if I'm a shitty driver. I've barely scratched the surface.
Can't wait until I finally get to control Trevor

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoying this so far. Both driving and shooting (free aim) are so much better than GTA IV. One complaint I do have is that I wish the aiming reticule was a bit bigger/stood out more. Even on complex I still find it a bit hard to see at times.

dandoolan

GUTTED!

My tracking says delivered but it's not here. Royal Mail have said their investigation will take 72 hours, and all Amazon can do is call them and make the same request.

No GTA for me anytime soon.

NeoGiff

My housemate has a pretty cool story concerning his purchase.

Neither of us had pre-ordered the game, and for the last few days we had been considering whether to go to a midnight launch or not, and whether it would be worth it. (Being in Ireland, demand for video games isn't very high at all, or so we thought). Anyway, as he was going to be hosting a night out for some freshers in his college, he decided that he might as well give the midnight launch a shot. I decided I'd just get the PSN version, so I started downloading it.

At 1 am, my housemate bursts into my room like a spoiled child at Christmas, triumphantly holding up his copy of GTAV a la Kunta Kinte, along with a poster and a wristband. As it turned out, he went down to the nearest Gamestop at midnight. There were two massive queues coming out the door and trailing down the street. He just strolled 100 metres to a HMV store, walked right up to the cashier and asked if they had any 360 copies left. They did. The moral of the story? Shop around.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
5 28 AM and I am drinking. Normally this wouldn't be the case. But fuck its GTA dude. Am I doing wrong?

Mwuhah. Not at all mate; that's brilliant. If I had some alcohol I'd be doing the same. I might have to grab some brews when I do a junk food run tomorrow.

Yawnier

Banned
My roommate has a pretty cool story concerning his purchase.

Neither of us had pre-ordered the game, and for the last few days we had been considering whether to go to a midnight launch or not, and whether it would be worth it. (Being in Ireland, demand for video games isn't very high at all, or so we thought). Anyway, as he was going to be hosting a night out for some freshers in his college, he decided that he might as well give the midnight launch a shot. I decided I'd just get the PSN version, so I started downloading it.

At 1 am, my roommate bursts into my room like a spoiled child at Christmas, triumphantly holding up his copy of GTAV a la Kunta Kinte, along with a poster and a wristband. As it turned out, he went down to the nearest Gamestop at midnight. There were two massive queues coming out the door and trailing down the street. He just strolled 100 metres to a HMV store, walked right up to the cashier and asked if they had any 360 copies left. They did. The moral of the story? Shop around.

Wait, are people already having trouble finding this game in stores?

Rizsparky

My roommate has a pretty cool story concerning his purchase.

At 1 am, my roommate bursts into my room like a spoiled child at Christmas, triumphantly holding up his copy of GTAV a la Kunta Kinte, along with a poster and a wristband. As it turned out, he went down to the nearest Gamestop at midnight. There were two massive queues coming out the door and trailing down the street. He just strolled 100 metres to a HMV store, walked right up to the cashier and asked if they had any 360 copies left. They did. The moral of the story? Shop around.

The reason no-one went to HMV is probably because their prices are so damn high.

sun-drop

just finished he father/son mission that included the stolen yaught moterway chase as seen on the trailers .... holy shit, so loving this ...

the really impressive thing is how seamless everything is .. how missions just flow .... soo soo good.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is there a sandboxer out there that uses L1 to change the radio?

I keep pressing L1 instead of left on the d-pad for no reason, so everytime I want to switch channels I accidentally start shooting hahaha, so stupid.

My housemate has a pretty cool story concerning his purchase.

At 1 am, my housemate bursts into my room like a spoiled child at Christmas, triumphantly holding up his copy of GTAV a la Kunta Kinte, along with a poster and a wristband. As it turned out, he went down to the nearest Gamestop at midnight. There were two massive queues coming out the door and trailing down the street. He just strolled 100 metres to a HMV store, walked right up to the cashier and asked if they had any 360 copies left. They did. The moral of the story? Shop around.
One of my friends went to the midnight opening down in Bray and took a picture of the queue at the stroke of midnight and it was huge! I don't think I could have faced that with the weather last night.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know how much space the "play" disc takes up? I just ordered a 16GB pen drive for my Xbox for silent running. It can't be more than 16GB, surely? Right....? Guys.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom