• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty fucking awesome random encounter on the pier at the beach on the west edge of the city

Took a picture of the guy but I can't find it on the social club site. Think his name was Jesse

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha I wish my apartment was that nice. Man get on skype screw work!!!!
I can't man!! 1 more hour here... then I'm gonna exercise (yeah, I know... who does this shit nowadays?!) for another hour... then yet another hour to get the game from the stores... and finally, one final hour to install/shower/eat!

I'll be playing this sucker in approx. 4 hours... GOD DAMN IT THIS HYPE IS KILLING ME, FUCKFUCKUFKCUFKCUFKUCKFJIC

sephi22

You know how people are saying they took the best parts of R* games and put them in this game. They're right.

Why? THE DRIVING IS FUCKING MIDNIGHT CLUB 3 HOLY SHIT.
Franklin's ability is the sports car and bike special ability from DUB Edition. Cars and fast and fly if you you reach elevation on roads.

Why didn't anyone make this comparison before?

Dead Man

You know how people are saying they took the best parts of R* games and put them in this game. They're right.

Why? THE DRIVING IS FUCKING MIDNIGHT CLUB 3 HOLY SHIT.
Franklin's ability is the sports car and bike special ability from DUB Edition. Cars and fast and fly if you you reach elevation on roads.

Why didn't anyone make this comparison before?

Portions of the map remind me a lot of MC:LA too.

Riggs

Banned
I can't man!! 1 more hour here... then I'm gonna exercise (yeah, I know... who does this shit nowadays?!) for another hour... then yet another hour to get the game from the stores... and finally, one final hour to install/shower/eat!

I'll be playing this sucker in approx. 4 hours... GOD DAMN IT THIS HYPE IS KILLING ME, FUCKFUCKUFKCUFKCUFKUCKFJIC

Stop.being.healthy and productive, not a good look man!! Gotta drink cheap as shit beer st 6 am and kill the ballers. No way out these streets homie!

Because yeah......

0_0.jpg

Hope this isn't a spoiler for anyone (not a mission btw)

UnrealEck

GUTTED!

My tracking says delivered but it's not here. Royal Mail have said their investigation will take 72 hours, and all Amazon can do is call them and make the same request.

No GTA for me anytime soon.

They'll probably do what I've seen them do before. Don't bother to deliver it and slip the card through your door saying they missed you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stop.being.healthy and productive, not a good look man!! Gotta drink cheap as shit beer st 6 am and kill the ballers. No way out these streets homie!

Sorryyyyyyy! I promise this won't happen for dat next HYPE game!

I'm having trouble trying to call chop. Which button do I press to take him for a walk?

I'm right next to him pressing them one-by-one and nothing happens :/.

DF:

For unsynchronised play involving cop chases through busier segments of the city, it's common to see drops to 20fps on both platforms as well, though a clear performance leader is hard to parse out here.

Big shame.

My copy just came - installing to 360 now.

Dries

Gonna try this again:

Can someone tell me which Steve Miller Band song is in the game? The leaks say "Rock'n Me", but the R* manual app says "Take the money and run".

jwtsonga

Digital Foundry Summary

PS3: better textures
360: slightly better fps (1 or 2 fps)

They gave the nod to the ps3 version because of better textures. They said the fps difference is imperceptible to the naked eye, between the 2 platforms.

Nemme

Just got my amazon.co.uk order on time for release and delivered with Super Saver Delivery in the Netherlands. Way better than the estimated delivery of 19 sep - 24 sep!

ironcreed

Banned
What about when you have a weapon drawn? Does the running system change????

It told me told hold X to run in the opening segment when I had a weapon drawn, so I guess. As once I took control of an unarmed Franklin I had to tap X to run. Even so, it plays so much tighter that it is no big deal.

dc89

Wow. My mind is blown, I've just had a little giddy chuckle to myself.

So I've just drove and parked up at the beach and looked down the shore line at all the twinkling lights, the pier in the distance is amazing. Amazing, just amazing.

ironcreed

Banned
Digital Foundry Summary

PS3: better textures
360: slightly better fps (1 or 2 fps)

They gave the nod to the ps3 version because of better textures. They said the fps difference is imperceptible to the naked eye, between the 2 platforms.

Yeah, it runs like silk for me so far on PS3.

NickMitch

Just came back from my hour long lunch break where i installed and played through the intro and free roamed a little...And it feels a lot like max payne 3. In a very good way. Cant wait to play more...

Dabanton

Good news that both versions are pretty close.

Game is amazing so far, I'm just sitting watching TV and seeing the traffic go past outside.

To think I still haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom