• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Cat is sniffing dat GTAV from the mailman!

Good kitty!!

MWxccV2.jpg

What the hell is that?

robertoci

Question for any UK Gaffers, I chose expedited delivery from Amazon UK for my copy and it didn't arrive through the Royal Mail today, I'm wondering, as i've never done expedited before, does it go through Royal Mail or through some other courier service? I'm just a little pissed that I paid extra for something that didn't arrive on release day :(

sappyday

Fuck this game is amazing. The graphics are beautiful. The gameplay is smooth. The writing is actually good and funny (unlike GTAIV).

kingmozo9

Banned
Why is it everytime i use
franklins special ability... when i press L3 and R3 again he jumps out the car? :/
swear i'm not pressing any other buttons

Shit is SO ANNOYING

This is BY FAR the ugliest game I've played in a while.

Terrible IQ, aliasing, dodgy framerate, crap textures... it's worse than I expected, to be honest. I of course understand the limitations of the hardware, but coming from playing mostly PC the last few years my standards are a whole lot higher than they used to be and I'm a lot more sensitive to this stuff. Driving through Los Santos is pretty painful.

Great art direction, of course, but that doesn't make up for the technical shortcomings.

With that said, everything else is great. I'm just hoping my eyes adjust somehow because right now it's really distracting me.

Septimius

Yoshichan must now be screaming his lungs out in his home because of the game he has just received.

Alternately, is now running in and out of a closet, undressing under his covers, and generally being equally upset he didn't get his copy as that kid that got cut off from WoW was, for those who are so inclined to remember that video

paischtu

Neo Member

Terrible IQ, aliasing, dodgy framerate, crap textures... it's worse than I expected, to be honest. I of course understand the limitations of the hardware, but coming from playing mostly PC the last few years my standards are a whole lot higher than they used to be and I'm a lot more sensitive to this stuff. Driving through Los Santos is pretty painful.

Great art direction, of course, but that doesn't make up for the technical shortcomings.

With that said, everything else is great. I'm just hoping my eyes adjust somehow because right now it's really distracting me.

Yup I feel ya. Being mostly a PC Gamer this looks like utter shite. But eh 6 month right?

leaving-now.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WAIT, YOU'RE SWEDISH?

I learn something new about you every day.

EDIT: Also, now I feel a bit like a stalker

<3
:D you a Swede as well?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan must now be screaming his lungs out in his home because of the game he has just received.
Fuck that man! I'm hype, YES, but nowhere near as hype as so many other GAFers! I just loooooove experiencing hype together!

SOON! THIS GAME IS SOON MINEEEE

JWHAKSKLABAKVELAL

Septimius

Okok, seriously. I've been given a task at work. I must finish it before I can go home. Earliest I can leave is in 2 hours, and I plan to leave in two hours. This task is probably three hours. Which means super-focus time! I'll be back, GAF!

pa22word

Urgh the wanted system in this game along with the rebalanced driving (hey now everything you hit brings you to a complete fucking stop! YAY SO MUCH FUN!) is driving me f***ing insane. It seems like every wanted chase takes 10+ fucking minuets of boring swervey stop start shit. Honestly most times I just kill myself if they go on longer than 5 mins because I don't want to deal with this game's slippery ass driving mechanics mixed with the aggravating as shit collision system any longer lest I get up and toss my 360 out the window when I hit a curb, causing my hummer comes to complete god damned stop, leading to the chase being prolonged another 3 mins...AGAIN.

*breaths*

okay, much better. Also bleh shooting and driving is a complete fucking chore. I wish this game would have just copied Sleeping Dog's bullet time shooting while driving mechanic wholesale instead of this janky ass system that we have now.

smr00

Banned
Any more information on if PSN version is super gimped? Went to bed when i started my download and didn't read anymore information on it.

Fucking PS3 turned off while i was sleeping, woke up with it off and stopped at 75% >.<

FUCKING GAME MANIA HIGHWAY ROBBERY BUT CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER

Haha. I can never quite understand the hate for Game Mania but thanks!

EDIT: They were completely sold out btw. Only pre-orders were available. They had 300 people in front of their store by midnight.

Glad I picked it up in the morning.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Has anyone picked up or plan to get the official guide?

Stopped in EB on my way home to get the guide (already had the game) and even 15 mins before closing the queue was out the door!

Oh and they had sold out of guides except the ones put aside for pre-orders.

I'm going to stop in tomorrow and if they still say they are holding them for pre orders I'm going to throw cash at them since they reckon they only hold pre orders for 24hrs unless you're a Level 3 Rabbit Member Carrot Points something.

Danny 117

Urgh the wanted system in this game along with the rebalanced driving (hey now everything you hit brings you to a complete fucking stop! YAY SO MUCH FUN!) is driving me f***ing insane. It seems like every wanted chase takes 10+ fucking minuets of boring swervey stop start shit. Honestly most times I just kill myself if they go on longer than 5 mins because I don't want to deal with this game's slippery ass driving mechanics mixed with the aggravating as shit collision system any longer lest I get up and toss my 360 out the window when I hit a curb, causing my hummer comes to complete god damned stop, leading to the chase being prolonged another 3 mins...AGAIN.

*breaths*

okay, much better. Also bleh shooting and driving is a complete fucking chore. I wish this game would have just copied Sleeping Dog's bullet time shooting while driving mechanic wholesale instead of this janky ass system that we have now.

Why don't you just stop the car and hide behind a wall instead. They won't find you if you're out of sight and you will lose the wanted level.

I nearly ripped off the plastic cover of the box when taking off the shrink wrapping. You could say I was in a hurry.

that read like a tongue twister, think I need a nap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom