• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wish this game would have just copied Sleeping Dog's bullet time shooting while driving mechanic wholesale instead of this janky ass system that we have now.

217.gif

It ain't that game man.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This game is amazing.

The driving is not.

Man I was so hoping for GTA IV style, even though I did say back in July when the SP trailer released, if there are mods for cars, this ain't going to handle like GTA IV.

Still, can't win 'em all.

Linius

Haha. I can never quite understand the hate for Game Mania but thanks!

EDIT: They were completely sold out btw. Only pre-orders were available. They had 300 people in front of their store by midnight.

Glad I picked it up in the morning.

The hate is because they ask so much man, I paid 39 for my copy and I'm playing it too at the moment :p

GTAV received an R18+ rating in Australia with drug use, and that's it. No coarse language,violence or sexual reference. They must have been the ones on drugs.

Hmm, maybe I should try there as well.

Completely sold out here. Better call them and ask if they can keep 1 available for you.

The hate is because they ask so much man, I paid 39 for my copy and I'm playing it too at the moment :p

I know but when you compete against a Media Markt and Saturn you can not lower towards 40. Those stores can take the cut from the games because they sell other stuff that puts them into profit.

I'd rather support Game Mania. It is the last store in Holland that actually only sells games. That is something to cherish.

ufo8mycat

This is BY FAR the ugliest game I've played in a while.

Terrible IQ, aliasing, dodgy framerate, crap textures... it's worse than I expected, to be honest. I of course understand the limitations of the hardware, but coming from playing mostly PC the last few years my standards are a whole lot higher than they used to be and I'm a lot more sensitive to this stuff. Driving through Los Santos is pretty painful.

Great art direction, of course, but that doesn't make up for the technical shortcomings.

With that said, everything else is great. I'm just hoping my eyes adjust somehow because right now it's really distracting me.

I must say I feel bad for people who are sensitive to things like this to the point where it impacts their enjoyment, but I guess everyones different.

Thankfully theres options 360,PS3,PC

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get insurance on my cars? I can only have one car insured at a time, right? How do I register it or whatever?

red731

Guys, is there supposed to be background music playing while the game installs or is my PS3 not functioning correctly?

I don't have the damn game yet, but people are saying the installer has awesome music. So yeah, you are allright :)

Or drugs you've forgot you took :)

pa22word

Why don't you just stop the car and hide behind a wall instead. They won't find you if you're out of sight and you will lose the wanted level.

Hmm, I'll try this next time for sure. Thanks!

It ain't that game man.

But that game does it a lot better than this one does, and the current implementation here is just so janky and unreliable it's almost unusable. What's worse is they seemingly don't speed the animation up during your bullet time ability, thus you'll waste all that precious meter waiting on a single shot to come out that you have no idea where it's going to land due to the way the crosshair works.

It's kinda sad this series has gotten progressively WORSE over the years with drive by shooting. I mean at least in the PS2 days I could reliably hit something, even if the spread was all over the place.

cripterion

Game arrived this morning, I'm back with the Xbox fellas, been a while I touched a console so IQ is killing me but this game is pure goodness!
I'm installing the game on USB key cause the damn console sounds like an engine jet.

Oh and applied for both gaf crews. The party will really start 1st October!

meppi

FUCKING GAME MANIA HIGHWAY ROBBERY BUT CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER

At least it's not a Belgium shop. They are asking €65 over here.
I'm honestly surprised they aren't trying to get €70-80 from this game.
Been many, many years since I last bought a game from them due to the price gauging.

DannyCool

Am i the only one who think the pistol-challenges on the Ammunation range is so difficult? I managed to get bronze and silver on all three, but getting gold is extremly difficult. Any tips?

Milchmann

Any more information on if PSN version is super gimped? Went to bed when i started my download and didn't read anymore information on it.

Fucking PS3 turned off while i was sleeping, woke up with it off and stopped at 75% >.<

I played for a bit and I doesn't look as bad as the installed 360 version in the DF video. There is some pop-in, but I don't know if it is more frequent than in the disc version.

Cloudy

Banned
Why don't you just stop the car and hide behind a wall instead. They won't find you if you're out of sight and you will lose the wanted level.

I figured this out after the first chase took like 15 minutes lol. You gotta evade and stay out of sight. Can't outrun the cops....at least not initially

monkeyhat

Anyone else received theirs from ShopTo today? I saw one guy confirm he had a few pages back, but no one else. This worries me as I was planning to go home from work early tonight, find the game on my doormat, and BINGE-PLAY.

Rey

This game is amazing.

The driving is not.

Man I was so hoping for GTA IV style, even though I did say back in July when the SP trailer released, if there are mods for cars, this ain't going to handle like GTA IV.

Still, can't win 'em all.

I agree. I was on a complete blackout for any news on this game and I had no idea that the driving mechanics got a complete overhaul. Man is this disappointing. The physics and crashes are a step down from GTA4. Did anybody tried to launch the driver to the windshield yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom