• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is everyone's impressions so far? My copy should be arriving in my town in an hour or so

Game is incredibly fun! I only did 3 or so story missions and then explored around. The physics system is awesome and makes for random hilarious events. Heck throw your character at a wall while jumping and watch him smack the wall and rebound off and fall over lol. Or I have been jumping into people just to see the hilarity that insues. Fun stuff.

Driving is actually very good in my opinion. I love the driving unless your in a small vehicle like an ATV or bike, jerky then ...

Oh and can I say ... Jet ski + sunset + cinema camera = greatness

smr00

Banned
I played for a bit and I doesn't look as bad as the installed 360 version in the DF video. There is some pop-in, but I don't know if it is more frequent than in the disc version.
I read some more posts about it not being anywhere near as bad as people were saying last night which makes me happy.

Drinking some coffee while it installs. 10%! I don't know if my body can handle this much excitement.

smr00

Banned
Delete, redownload and let it install as part of the same process. Do not go to background downloading! Just find something else to pass the time.
Mine installed fine but 75% of it was downloaded through the store. For some stupid fucking reason my PS3 decided to turn off while i was sleeping so i had to DL the other 25% in the background.

sappyday

I really like the driving. It's better tha they didn't went with 4's style even though that was probably one of the only things I enjoyed about that game. Franklin and Lamar are great.

As someone who lives in LA, R* did an amazing job in getting the feel right. Since Franklin lives in my type of area it's really fun to just explore and hang out there.

What is everyone's impressions so far? My copy should be arriving in my town in an hour or so

I could say a lot of good things, but...well, let’s just say this will be you in an hour:
image.php

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
All I wanted to do is drive around and explore but instead i've been shot to death by a biker gang and savaged by a mountain lion.

Found a weird wall painting on top of a
cable car
too. Looks like some weird alien shit

Cheddahz

Banned
The usual two paths of GAF madness:
  • GTA V is the second coming of god.
  • GTA V is shite.
Take your pick.

I like it.

Game is incredibly fun! I only did 3 or so story missions and then explored around. The physics system is awesome and makes for random hilarious events. Heck throw your character at a wall while jumping and watch him smack the wall and rebound off and fall over lol. Or I have been jumping into people just to see the hilarity that insues. Fun stuff.

Driving is actually very good in my opinion. I love the driving unless your in a small vehicle like an ATV or bike, jerky then ...

Oh and can I say ... Jet ski + sunset + cinema camera = greatness

It's GTA V, it's better than GTA IV in almost every way.

I could say a lot of good things, but...well, let’s just say this will be you in an hour:
image.php
Well, it sounds like it is good enough for me. It is sad to hear that the small vehicle controls are a mixed bag though

Linius

Maaaan, I just drove around and decided to stop at some restaurant in one of the mountain rides. Turned out some biker gang dudes (and dudette) were chilling out there and they felt the need to attack me. With guns. I died.

So far I'm having a great time with this game, it's a bit overwhelming. So much stuff to do and find out.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone giving negative impressions here so far? Could someone link me?

SJRB

Gold Member
I took the day off work, but I'm getting blasted with calls and emails since 8am this morning.

I just muted my phone and tossed it aside. GTA motherfucker.

I had some random gang bangers come up to me last night while walking down an alley, start crap without me provoking then pulled guns and wasted me.

That was not a very nice welcome to Los Santos

Chipotle

So good and I've barely scratched the surface. Think I'll try to get through the story before arsing around too much so that I unlock everything. Love that the missions are fun from the outset.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Maaaan, I just drove around and decided to stop at some restaurant in one of the mountain rides. Turned out some biker gang dudes (and dudette) were chilling out there and they felt the need to attack me. With guns. I died.

So far I'm having a great time with this game, it's a bit overwhelming. So much stuff to do and find out.

This happened to me
I stopped in there because it looked interesting and as I got out of my car a guy on a bike ran me over, so I punched him and then they all whipped out guns

Just rudeness on every level

Bishop89

so...7 hours today... havnt done a gaming session like that in a while.
Question... did anyone else have problems taking pictures? I kept getting these error messages...really annoying when there were unique shots to be taken... the fuck rockstar...

glaurung

Question... did anyone else have problems taking pictures? I kept getting these error messages...really annoying when there were unique shots to be taken... the fuck rockstar...
Rockstar Social Club is getting absolutely hammered at the moment. Their server cannot handle the launch window.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone figured out if we can drive trains yet? I haven't found any stationary ones, so I jumped on the back of a moving one dramatically and made my way to the front, but it doesn't look like you can actually steal one as it won't let you open the door. I killed the driver too, but the train seems to be moving automatically at a constant speed.

As sad as it is, I was really hoping we could drive trains, but that doesn't seem to be the case at this point.

Garibaldi

Even though my copy is sitting at home waiting till after work I'm not risking prolonged exposure of my Phat 60GB. Ordered a rather sweet deal on the tesco's website. 500GB Super slim bundle with The Last of Us chucked in too for £199.00.

Worth a look for anyone on the fence. The Last of Us was great.

FiraB

Banned
I managed to turn it into a slug by stacking 30 cars together to go boom, it sucked because of the fps drop but the explosion was glorious.

But considering how great the game is to play i can overlook stupid things like the pop-in and fps drops because they only happen mostly from fast driving or things you normally wouldn't do like super giant car pile bombs. I honestly haven't had so many dynamic moments like this in a game for a very long time, those moments when things just happen and your left in amazement it could happen are great.

16% through the game after 9 hours, just unlocked all three characters permanently and have lots of cash, Trevor is nuts in such a good way. Only thing I dislike is the excessive swearing, it's way to overdone and they could have avoided a lot of it so far in Michael and franklins characters, Trevor it makes perfect sense though.

Be interesting to see GTA online after this because the world is so huge, took me a hour to loop the island in a plane, or seemed like it cause I kept spotting bridges to fly under...

Jamie OD

All I wanted to do is drive around and explore but instead i've been shot to death by a biker gang and savaged by a mountain lion.

I kind of like how out of all the things they could have taken from Red Dead Redemption to add to this game, they chose wild animal attacks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Found a weird wall painting on top of a
cable car
too. Looks like some weird alien shit
Yup, I found that, too. It's gotta be a clue to something cool.

Also, people, for reals, how to I insure my cars??

FafaFooey

Went to a midnight launch yesterday, it was madness!

Been playing for a few hours now and is it me or did Liberty City look a lot better during daylight? Driving during the night in GTA V is simply breathtaking, but it looks kinda harsh during the day. Almost like IV had this atmospheric filter that made everything look more realistic, while V looks way more videogame-ish to me.

Also.. what's up with the driving? I for one loved IV's handling and it's like the cars have no weight whatsoever.

I was about to lose my mind when all of a sudden after a chase mission I got this weird fisheye effect with washed up colors and distorted sound. I thought maybe Franklin just took drugs or something 'cos that shitty filter was on during cutscenes etc. Then I started a new mission involving another chase and the game told me to push B to highlight the target...well I pushed and everything went back to normal. So there's a bug that causes that highlight thing to stay on even when exiting a vehicle.

Gandie

try clearing your cache, deleting some other files off your hdd (hdd typically work better when at less than 60% capacity), make sure that you installed the game install and the disc install on two separate storage devices.

for jaggies thats just how the game is but tv display settings can make them more pronounced, make sure youre using no overscan (1:1 pixel or 'fit'), set your sharpness to 0 (sharpness on tv is garbage and everyone recommends to disable it), disable any edge enhancement settings

Did all that. What bugs me the most is the vegetation, from a distance trees and bushes look like a mess of lines and textures, very blurry.

Is that normal? I'm not trying to sound elitist here, but I just haven't played a console game in 2 years.

SRTtoZ

Good to see the PS3 version winning the face-off at DF. I honestly couldn't picture playing a R* game on any platform but Sony. Out to pickup my copy in 2 hours when Gamestop opens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom