• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindrax

Still too far... you can't taste it yet... Every minute that goes by for me is like a year in normal time... Maybe I'm in the hyperbolical time chamber o_O

javac

My copy arrived from Flubit. The receipt says £46.85 from Simply Games but I only paid £30 lol. Going to play later when my brother comes home.

The first thing I did as soon as I could free roam was go to the country and attempt to climb a mountain. It ended up with me rolling down it and slamming face first onto the ground. His face was all bloody. It was intense.

For me, this thread should be titled:

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| I'm Still At Work And Can't Go Home

Come 2PM PST I'll be racing home to install it! It's been a fun week for sure. Watching streams has definitely helped.

Yes. It runs too good. Go buy it.

Seriously now. There is minimal pop-in in large scale cutscenes. Other than that, it dips the frame rate here and there just like all the other versions. That's it.

Alright, thanks for that. I already bought it, downloaded it and installed it. All that is left is for me to start playing, but I'm still at work :(

Nevasleep

My copy arrived from Flubit. The receipt says £46.85 from Simply Games but I only paid £30 lol. Going to play later when my brother comes home.

Sweet! I thought they only used Amazon. I'll have to use Flubit more often.
Do they tell you when item has been dispatched?

Sonix90

Neo Member
Got the game this morning and played for 3 hours. Overall it's great but I've had some weird bugs in the meantime (PS3). The radio stations don't work if you drive a car you've previously stored in the garage (the one where you can keep multiple cars), I've had my phone stuck on the email screen with no way to turn it off (had to load an autosave), and now there's a woman in Michael's apartment (wife? I dunno), standing on a kitchen table, in a bikini, with a bottle of whisky in one hand and not moving, got a photo

Seems like R* should come up with a patch soon.

Omni

If there's one thing I don't like, it's how easily frightened the pedestrians get. I swear everyone just runs away the moment you pull out a gun.

Which obviously makes sense, but makes those classic civ massacres difficult

UnrealEck

This GTA surprised me. The control of the cars is so different. I've never played Midnight Club either.
Character control is also a bit different due to the way they animate. It's like they have proper momentum now so the controls can at times feel a touch sluggish. But it could actually be just an issue with things like framerate.
Graphics are actually quite nice. Definitely one of the best looking console games.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The npcs seems absurdly aggresive too
Found a diner that had a big pink dinosaur, went to go see if I could go in and a guy standing in front of the door started attacking me. Then went round the back to find a guy smoking who also attacked me

Found some camping village too and people got all aggressive there too
The world is mean :(

edit; just happened again
You go stand near someone, they shove you away pretty much immediately, you start walking off and they follow then they get in their fighting stance

is it ok to install both discs to a flash drive? will that give me the problems that the dual harddrive install has?

edit:

Users still have an option if they want to prevent the game from running off the "play" disc (and thus, reduce wear and tear on the Xbox 360's disc drive): According to Digital Foundry, the game takes no performance hit if the "play" disc is installed to external flash memory while the mandatory installation goes to the hard drive.

doing this right now!

cebri.one

I've been playing for a couple of hours (PS3). It's UNPLAYABLE, 25fps at most, is a fck* joke. Please release a PC/nextgen version.

Getting horrible rendering issues on the 360 version. Entire floors, walls, buildings disappearing. Shit is driving me nuts. Bet my HDD is on its way out. :(

Atsumi

Why do I have to work today and WHY is my brother getting married this weekend? Doesn't the world know that GTA V is out?

Oh well, UPS doesn't come by until after I get off work anyways.

Linius

Hmmm, apparently there already is one special vehicle in the garage. The Elegy RH8 was in my garage for some reason. Beast of a car.

Rootbeer

Banned
UjsAGgX.png

Chad doin his thang

Laughed a few times already. Writing is pretty sharp at times. I'm really not feeling the whole driving progression system. Feels very ham fisted and antithetical to the arcadey roots of the series.
Getting horrible rendering issues on the 360 version. Entire floors, walls, buildings disappearing. Shit is driving me nuts. Bet my HDD is on its way out. :(
I think this might be an engine problem not a platform problem, with the destructible environments. On PS3 I was chasing a dude and he clipped through someone's garden wall. I shot him and was awarded with $500. Feels dirty.

Septimius

I HAVE CONFIRMED MY GAME HAS ARRIVED. I COULD LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES, HOWEVER, I AM NOT DONE WITH THE TASK I WAS ASSIGNED YET. THIS IS TORTURE.

Double D

To everyone still waiting, I own it as of 20 minutes ago, but have to wait about another 12 hours to start playing. How's that for torture?

My PS3 special edition just arrived and things I've noticed about the packaging. The cover of the special edition seems to be the full image and not the chopped down version used for the regular edition ( I know this as for some reason Tesco sent me the order I cancelled last week).

Also I do think the PS3 special edition looks a lot nicer than the 360 as tthe box is all black. I really wish Sony weren't using bright blue boxes for PS4 games.

What have I done!!! I can't buy this game day one because um, I'm about to buy a house so every penny counts for the next month. Why, why did I just look at the GB Quick Look?! This game looks amazing. I can't believe how good this looks on current gen. Fuck me, the temptation is going to be brutal.

Dead Man

The bad:

Cars are tail happy pieces o shite

Shooting while driving is utterly broken

R* still insisting on wasting a button for running instead of using the damn analogue functions on the sticks.

Some ridiculous fail conditions.

The good:

Everything else. Game is pretty damn solid so far, a lot of the stupidity from 4 seems to be fixed, only 5 hours or so in though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I HAVE CONFIRMED MY GAME HAS ARRIVED. I COULD LEAVE IN 10 MINUTES, HOWEVER, I AM NOT DONE WITH THE TASK I WAS ASSIGNED YET. THIS IS TORTURE.
Keep going man! Perfect your assigment and then proceed on with the game, it'll be worth it :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom