• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Digital foundry reckons PS3 is slightly better...

I'm fine with that. Most of the new stuff I've bought recently has been PS3 this year so my 360 needs a workout too. Also I don't know how hot the PS3s get running this but Last of Us was enough for mine. No issues or freezes, but I'm not risking it.

red731

It was shipped. Thank some ethereal entity. No caps, just slow hype.
Hype will be unbearable tomorrow. Can't wait to touch the case...sniff the opened case...mhmmm

dandoolan

Love this game after only 40 minutes. As predicted, the simplified car physics are much better for me. I was able to pull of much more impressive manoeuvres with much less effort than in GTA IV.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
UO8AfzN.jpg

And its here

Daffy Duck

I crashed into someone in a jeep and made their wheel fall off, he got out to asses the damage, he then got ran over, the guy who knocked him over got out his car, they then proceeded to have a fight in the middle of the road. The guy who got knocked over won, he then jumped in the other dudes car and drove off.

Lol.

This game is hilarious so far, love it. I'm trying to do as few missions as possible though! More activities are beginning to open up now though.

Wes

venison crêpe
I was driving but pulled over on to the grass to hear the news report on the radio. A passer by stopped on the path next to me, pulled out their phone, and then took a photo of me.

This immersion.

ufo8mycat

Went to a midnight launch yesterday, it was madness!

Been playing for a few hours now and is it me or did Liberty City look a lot better during daylight? Driving during the night in GTA V is simply breathtaking, but it looks kinda harsh during the day. Almost like IV had this atmospheric filter that made everything look more realistic, while V looks way more videogame-ish to me.

Also.. what's up with the driving? I for one loved IV's handling and it's like the cars have no weight whatsoever.

Yeah GTA V has a different art style to GTA IV
GTA IV having a more realistic artstyle, while GTA V a bit towards the cartoonish side.

When you get into a car
truck
for the very first time my jaw literally dropped.

This game is so good. The multi character angle really does remove the less exciting parts from previous GTA missions.

solarus

So how can i have both disks installed on 360 without the performance problems DF noted, I've installed the mandatory disk to the hard drive, is it possible to install the play disk and get no issues? I hate the disk drive noise

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So how can i have both disks installed on 360 without the performance problems DF noted, I've installed the mandatory disk to the hard drive, is it possible to install the play disk and get no issues? I hate the disk drive noise

Get a flash drive. Install the "play" disc on to that. Profit?

Dd you go to Gamestop? Every time I have gone there for a midnight release, nothing cool ever happens, so I have stopped going to them

Yeah, i was in group #1 so got there at 11:58, walked out at 12:03 with the game heh. Some folk did not look happy about that ....

They gave me a bag full of high priced goodies. A power to the player bracelet! These special event flags! And ... a straw ..... yes ... a straw ....

I'm just glad they were organized and did the group thing. Made going out and finalizing early worth it. That line was 200-250 people long I think.

I've searched the thread but because of its size I found nothing on this. Is there any kind of performance issues with the PSN version of the game since it only utilizes the HDD?

Cheddahz

Banned
Yeah, i was in group #1 so got there at 11:58, walked out at 12:03 with the game heh. Some folk did not look happy about that ....

They gave me a bag full of high priced goodies. A power to the player bracelet! These special event flags! And ... a straw ..... yes ... a straw ....

I'm just glad they were organized and did the group thing. Made going out and finalizing early worth it. That line was 200-250 people long I think.

Yeah, someone posted a picture from the midnight release in town last night and it looked packed. I'm glad I decided to be anti-social and just wait for my copy to show up here in a few hours

glaurung

I've searched the thread but because of its size I found nothing on this. Is there any kind of performance issues with the PSN version of the game since it only utilizes the HDD?
Yes. It runs too good. Go buy it.

Seriously now. There is minimal pop-in in large scale cutscenes. Other than that, it dips the frame rate here and there just like all the other versions. That's it.

DjRoomba

Banned
I really do like how this game is the culmination of everything Rockstar has done. From the shooting of Red Dead to the storytelling elements of Max Payne to a scaled down version of the face capture stuff from LA Noire, and of course the refinements of everything gta.

Never seen a company quite bring together past elements of their games so well in one game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom