• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have as much fun as I did last night just kicking trash cans down hills?

Oh the simple things.

Got damn I am not going to get anything done at work today.

glaurung

Anyone else have as much fun as I did last night just kicking trash cans down hills?

Oh the simple things.

I threw Franklin off buildings to see the ragdoll at work. So much fun.

Also: everyone who complains about getting attacked by NPCs - do you perhaps have your weapon drawn?

The texture pop-ins for the digital version in the first 10 minutes of loading the game up are really bad. Reallllllllly bad, I was driving on an invisible road during the first mission ffs.

Picked up my Special Edition copy (PS3 version this time). Was surprised to still have to line up for it, but then again I went during lunch break and well the game is huuuuge. Can't wait to dig in later today.

Also: everyone who complains about getting attacked by NPCs - do you perhaps have your weapon drawn?

Nah i did not. I remember because I tried to fight back at first against the 2 gang bangers but ended up throw weak punches. they just kept blasting.

Omni

The npcs seems absurdly aggresive too
Found a diner that had a big pink dinosaur, went to go see if I could go in and a guy standing in front of the door started attacking me. Then went round the back to find a guy smoking who also attacked me

Found some camping village too and people got all aggressive there too
The world is mean :(

edit; just happened again
You go stand near someone, they shove you away pretty much immediately, you start walking off and they follow then they get in their fighting stance
I was taking a selfie on the north east beach and a bunch of people started attacking me, :lol

GTAV now installing on the PS3. Went to the Social Club to join up to pass the time with the install, now the site is experiencing difficulties, I guess too many people doing the exact same thing.

red731

I can already imagine the headlines: GTA V player drops dead after drinking 10 energy drinks. Ban GTA V.

Man. At one time I've drinked 6 Red Bulls and I was so freaking hyper. No music was playing at the ball and I was tapping on things and bobbling my head. I nearly got an heart atack.

I know how to survive energy
KuGsj.gif

Linius

Can anyone explain how the garage works? I was under the impression that if I park a car in there and take it out for a spin later I don't have to return it to the garage to keep it. But now it seems it doesn't work that way :p

It would be a pain if I have to go back to the garage everytime after a drive to save cars.

I already posted a few hours ago after playing for 90 mins but jesus this game is amazing. I still haven't even scratched the surface but I can't wait till I can really put aside several hours to play it. I've given it up to my brother for the night but can't wait to get back into it tomorrow. Ridiculously fun.

8byte

Banned
I've been on media black out, so I have a question. Does this have any cell phone / relationship mechanics? Hates those...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
guh about 2 hours before hometime and no package.

well shit.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BOOM! Two copies bought, just because I want to show R* how much I love them!

PS: I hate you guys for GTAIV, but I've already forgotten about that!

Karak

Grown ass men taking days off work to play some video game.

Shaking my head.

Stranger still is that some men will take a vacation day to go and throw a piece of meat into water that they have connected to a string and wait for an animal to randomly attack it.

Shaking my head.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Nope, I dont even have a weapon
Its literally like you stand near someone and they attack you

I'm playing as Franklin atm so I dont know if it happens to the other two

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stranger still is that some men will take a vacation day to go and throw a piece of meat into water that they have connected to a string and wait for an animal to randomly attack it.

Shaking my head.
Speaking of fishing, is it possible to do that in this game :3?

Karak

Oh the simple things.

My fun at the end of my time with it was running and leaping 'just' a bit too early to clear a wall or bench and sending the character into a painful youtube-like sprawl.

Something primordial inside me is stirring... I must go now!
Hahahaha. Up at dawn...must dig in earth for bait.
A call back to better times.

Trickster

I've been on media black out, so I have a question. Does this have any cell phone / relationship mechanics? Hates those...

Not really a real spoiler of any kind. But don't know how sensitive some people are to info.

You can still call up contacts and hang out. But they don't seem to call you up and go "hey buddy, let's go get drunk!".

nib95

Banned
Anyone else feel like this game was designed for a different resolution in mind? I can't see the tiny round aiming cursor (had to change the crosshair), nor can I read half of the little messages that pop up. The writing is not legible enough. Never had this issue in a game before...

As someone who thought GTA4 was shit and had to drag my feet in getting through that, this game is awesome. They made the driving great again and the missions have been varied and the check points are mostly great and golf and tennis are great activities.

Derrick01

Banned
Usually takes a few weeks, right?

Usually but last night I guess when most of our euro brothers and sisters had gotten it the tone of the thread shifted south pretty fast. I was only looking in every once and a while since I was finding stuff to take time away but every time I did people were complaining about something.

hal9001

Banned
Does anyone know how if its possible to change the driving controls with the option to use X (accelerate) square (brake) for PS3? I have been using this classic control scheme for GTA since forever and I just can't get used to driving with R2.

Nevasleep

Managed to get my car stuck in the middle of nowhere.
Started to walk.....then called a cab company and hijacked the cab POOR SUCKER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom