• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually but last night I guess when most of our euro brothers and sisters had gotten it the tone of the thread shifted south pretty fast. I was only looking in every once and a while since I was finding stuff to take time away but every time I did people were complaining about something.

Ugh, probably a sign it's time to hop out of the thread and let my interpretation be uncoloured by the rest of the site.

Dead Man

Does anyone know how if its possible to change the driving controls with the option to use X (accelerate) square (brake) for PS3? I have been using these controls for GTA since forever and I just can't get used to driving with R2.

Console game with customisable controls in 2013? Surely you jest. I'm just thankful they let you use R1 for shooting.

Linius

Can anyone explain how the garage works? I was under the impression that if I park a car in there and take it out for a spin later I don't have to return it to the garage to keep it. But now it seems it doesn't work that way :p

It would be a pain if I have to go back to the garage everytime after a drive to save cars.

No one?

I let it download over night and got to play for about 15 minutes before work (I was late)

I didn't experience any of the claimed PSN problems floating around. I got through the whole opening scene and up to Franklin and didn't see any pop in or graphical glitches. Not really sure why some people are having issues with that

BraXzy

FINALLY! I know there's a million of these already posted but BOOYAH!!

UDUHfiu.jpg

Was speaking to the manager when I was there (a GAME store in the UK) I asked how the midnight launch was, I couldn't go myself due to no transport. He said they took £20K, at £45 a copy, with some £60 special editions, that works out at about 400 people who were there :|

Oh and there were people queued up from 5pm yesterday, the shop didn't shut till 8!

Oh and he also said, a local supermarket (Asda) had a midnight launch, there was a queue waiting for hours all the way around it, bear in mind this is a big place, so probably a hundred people if not more. A woman came out and told the first 12 people to come in, the rest needed to go home because they had only 12 copies. How stupid is ASDA! They probably thought a couple people would turn up, idiots.

Linius

There are 3 garages you can buy - one for each character.

Will work as you expect in these.

Hmm, too bad you have to return cars to one of these garages then. Guess I'll just resort to stealing new cars all the time. Too much effort to park cars in a garage all the time :p

So FUCKING bumbed. My work schedule for today was change on me 6pm last night, had to wake up to go in for work today at 3AM, so not only did I have to bail on the midnight release, but I haven't yet played it. I now have to wait until I'm home this afternoon.

I could use some cheering up.

GlamFM

Banned
Hmm, too bad you have to return cars to one of these garages then. Guess I'll just resort to stealing new cars all the time. Too much effort to park cars in a garage all the time :p

You have to park them there once.

If you trash it a new one will be waiting for you in your garage.

At least i think so.

Billen

Banned
It's 30 fps at times, 20 fps at others, and everything in-between. It's a lot more stable than IV, but major dips do happen quite frequently (mostly when driving on busy streets in the city).

Alll launch copies have it.

PS3 or 360 version you are running, and what version of game and console? Yes, we have come to that stage. :D

This game man. Wow. It is so overwhelming because you got so much stuff you can do from the get-go. Game runs smooth as silk for me on the PS3 and I still got a Phat one from 2009.

Going back in!

On Xbox its RB I think. I did have some issues getting that to work and had to sort of walk around the backyard like a transient before it would 'click' and he would follow.

Yeah, been pressing every button, doesn't seem to do anything. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Maybe it's a bug.

jwtsonga

So FUCKING bumbed. My work schedule for today was change on me 6pm last night, had to wake up to go in for work today at 3AM, so not only did I have to bail on the midnight release, but I haven't yet played it. I now have to wait until I'm home this afternoon.

Dont worry mate I have to wait 2 days 16 hours.....

Linius

You have to park them there once.

If you trash it a new one will be waiting for you in your garage.

At least i think so.

Well that was what I was thinking. So I took a nice car out for a drive to test it. I just drove it somewhere downtown and parked it. In a real parking spot, not in the middle of the street. Then jacked another car to drive back to the garage. When I got there the car which I parked somewhere downtown wasn't in my garage. I hoped it would work that way that it would beam itself back to the garage.

Cheer up! At least you have a job!

There are close to 5 million people in my country who doesn't have a job.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm actually really enjoying the narrative stuff so far and the character switching is really slick.

I like how characters become soaked after entering a pool of water complete with accurate water line (ie - standing waist deep results in wet trousers). I also appreciate how the characters leave puddles behind them after walking back on dry land. Very cool detail.

Also, the wavy tube man is beautifully animated.

Kade

Anyone else have a problem with the PS3 version where the game will lock up the system up and the audio continues to play? Happened 2-3 times and the only solution is to reset the system. Pretty annoying. Might be an issue with the loading because every time it happens, all the textures are low resolution and the LOD models persist even when you get close to them.

Nope, can't seem to find such an option.

Am I the only one who constantly take pictures with the in-game phone? How can I upload them to Social Club/Facebook?

my game last night, the first pic i took, tried to upload automatically to social club but it failed saying server issues from rockstar.

So seems like maybe they are down atm.

Every picture since then has been sent automatically to gallery

Out for delivery woot. Gonna try and leave work early today. Got a meeting until 2pm then I'm gonna bounce.

That's right, we're bouncin now

Cheer up! At least you have a job!

There are close to 5 million people in my country who doesn't have a job.

5million people who will play GTA before me!

Certinty

Leave home to attend my class at uni and already I see like 5 people watching gameplay of the game in the library. Crazy, I just wanna go home and play some more!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It seems good so far. But I don't think it's lived up to the hype so far.

But then again, I still haven't left the city or done even 10 main missions.

I really enjoyed the first mission of Michaels, the game really picked up for me there. Well I say picked up, but sheesh, barely touched it but yeah, good vibes. Reminded me of a Michael Bay movie minus explosions.

Shooting while driving is utterly broken

R* still insisting on wasting a button for running instead of using the damn analogue functions on the sticks.

Some ridiculous fail conditions.
Yeah driving and shooting feels like a step backwards to me compared to IV, it wasn't great there but it struck a nice balance between difficulty and encumbrance. I'm glad the bullet time is seemingly optional for driving. I'm not a huge fan of the new radio dial either. Breaks the flow of gameplay to me but I'm sure it will have its fans.

Overall the feeling I get is that they took some of the criticism of GTA IV to heart, especially the narrative dissonance stuff. It can feel a little forced at times but the character's intentions are in line with the way I'm (role) playing them so far.
i don't think garages have ever worked like that in gta, sure you're not confusing this with saint's row?
It wasn't persistent in previous GTAs afaik. But I used to keep a save with a good selection of cars. Every time I load up to play I have some there.

fatius

Anybody seen the PSN and the PS3 disc based version? Is one better. I hear the PSN version has some popins on large cut scenes, does the disc version?

Decision time!

Won my first street race with Franklin. Only took me 7 tries. I'm starting to like the handling now...well not finding them as bad as they were earlier on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom