• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

U2NUMB

In case anyone who does not have it yet is wondering how that initial load time is I uploaded it. No spoilers just the initial load time after you have already played the game. So that first load every time... This is the 360 version.

GTA Title Screen Load

Madness

Anybody seen the PSN and the PS3 disc based version? Is one better. I hear the PSN version has some popins on large cut scenes, does the disc version?

Decision time!

I've heard the digital version has a few issues with texture streaming, pop in and slight frame dips. That's it. Haven't seen conclusive evidence like we got for the 360 install/no install issue.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
R* still insisting on wasting a button for running instead of using the damn analogue functions on the sticks.
Ya know, that doesn't even bother me. What's more annoying is that you cannot assign running to a trigger or bumper ala Saints Row.

Nevasleep

So you can ride cabs like you could in GTAIV?

Yep, you can also do taxi missions yourself :D

I must be sad, but taxi missions are probably my favorite extra, I can do them for hours just listening to GTA radio, gutted what they did to GTA IV, glad they've fixed it.

A bit too early to be certain but so far, this game has that little spark that GTAIV was missing.

For me, GTAIV just had constant interruptions from the cell phone ... like anytime you tried to do anything " ring ring ". GTAV automatically has sleep modes for your phone too, so you can shut it off completely and receive no calls.

GTA IV was also very restricted compared to San Andreas before it. The amount of side activities was severely lacking. Things like bowling were a joke.

Dash_

Am I missing something? Where is the checkpoint/mission restart option in the menu screen? It's seriously annoying me that there doesn"t seem to be one.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Really enjoyed the first couple of missions.

Only downsides up until now are pop-in and the textures on the hills. Does anyone else have those smaller objects (like chairs etc) pop in from time to time?

This game is a phenomenal achievement on current gen.

That said I think its too ambitious since the framerate just dives in busy streets/traffic. Not unplayable just a huge shame since I think on next gen, this game is going shine huge.

This game man. Wow. It is so overwhelming because you got so much stuff you can do from the get-go. Game runs smooth as silk for me on the PS3 and I still got a Phat one from 2009.

Going back in!

My fatty doesn't even sound like a F16 after half an hour...not a lot of noise at all...love this game :D

Ephemeris

Got it at midnight last night and had a blast.

Couple laughs along the way

1) Winning my first race and seconds after passing the finishing line I hit a pole.. and died. Mission Failed. lol

2) First mission as Franklin.

Last thing to do,
escape from the cops.
Not a problem, I hit the road for a while, make some turns, see a quick side alley I can drive into and I pull in. Wait till the heat dies down and bam.

.. Mission failed.

Mission failed for
leading the cops to the dealership.
Keep in mind this is before the game gives you the GPS to go there.

OF ALL THE PLACES TO DRIVE IN THAT HUGE ASS MAP.

3853_c357.gif

Gammacide

Only downsides up until now are pop-in and the textures on the hills. Does anyone else have those smaller objects (like chairs etc) pop in from time to time?
What system are you on? Hasn't there been more talk of that on 360? Did you install the Play disc too like a naughty gamer?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
For me, GTAIV just had constant interruptions from the cell phone ... like anytime you tried to do anything " ring ring ". GTAV automatically has sleep modes for your phone too, so you can shut it off completely and receive no calls.

There was a sleep mode on the phone in GTA IV, too.

2) First mission as Franklin.

Last thing to do,
escape from the cops.
Not a problem, I hit the road for a while, make some turns, see a quick side alley I can drive into and I pull in. Wait till the heat dies down and bam.

.. Mission failed.

Mission failed for
leading the cops to the dealership.
Keep in mind this is before the game gives you the GPS to go there.

OF ALL THE PLACES TO DRIVE IN THAT HUGE ASS MAP.

I wouldn't even be mad if this happened to me. This is hilarious.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not seriously meant, just a very relaxed existence sitting waiting for the laundry in the middle of the day. :D

Nvm. :D
Well, real life sucks sometimes :(

Vooduu

How is the map size compared to GTA IV/Liberty City? Is the world more alive because GTA IV was dead in terms of interaction.

SRTtoZ

Takes me 10 mins to get to Gamestop here in NY so ill leave in about 10 mins, then on the way back grab 2 monster energy drinks. #Lifebgoodtoday

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
What system are you on? Hasn't there been more talk of that on 360? Did you install the Play disc too like a naughty gamer?

Yeah on 360. Didn't install it at first, then tried to install it and there was more popin. My drive is slowly dying though, are those drive cleaners you can buy worth trying?

Jindrax

18 minutes left... COMMON. Then half an hour into town. Then an hour to get home. No sleep for me tonight! ONLY MAYHEM IN LOS SANTOS

Megasoum

Banned
Just came back from the EB Games up here in Downtown Montréal. The store was opening at 8 and there was already 20-25 people waiting in line at 7. We were over 200 at least by the time the store opened. Went through quickly and they had a TON of copies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah on 360. Didn't install it at first, then tried to install it and there was more popin. My drive is slowly dying though, are those drive cleaners you can buy worth trying?

Get a big flash drive and install the other disc on that. S'what I'm gonna do... as soon as said flash drive turns up. :)

Pachimari

my game last night, the first pic i took, tried to upload automatically to social club but it failed saying server issues from rockstar.

So seems like maybe they are down atm.

Every picture since then has been sent automatically to gallery
But where do I upload them? I went to the Gallery and there's no such option.

Also, I can call the ambulance, police and fire department but they don't do anything when they arrive to the destination?

I accidentally hit a car by the side while crossing the street and the driver was dead in the car and the wheel fell off - I called an ambulance and they arrive but just ignores the accident? :/

Darklord

Banned
Does it automatically install the play disc too when you put it in after you install the first disc? I noticed a lot of pop-ups in the cutscene just before you play as Franklin...

javac

Sweet! I thought they only used Amazon. I'll have to use Flubit more often.
Do they tell you when item has been dispatched?

Yeah they tell you when its dispatched on the website. Its a very easy process and goes smoothly for me all the time and hey I save money so I'm happy! :D Sorry for the late reply I was stuck in the bathroom :$

Complementary pictures as per custom with this thread!

Hackbert

you lucky folks have fun gaming . i want to play it.. argh... tomorrow is my free day of work for this week and amazon uk still has not dispatched -.- i am f***ed. but buying and reselling for one day or two seems silly. ugh.

Jindrax

you lucky folks have fun gaming . i want to play it.. argh... tomorrow is my free day of work for this week and amazon uk still has not dispatched -.- i am f***ed. but buying and reselling for one day or two seems silly. ugh.

yes that's very silly don't do it

Somebody mentioned last night that they were able to take XMB screenshots. Any idea how to do that? I thought the camera phone was the only way to do it

AlphaK

Woke up to a nice surprise; i didn't know that Microsoft would give me free release day shipping on my pre-order(only paid the standard $60 price).

hopefully i get my 1600 ms points(or currency) soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom