• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

INSTALLING!

Gamestop here in NY was packed, about 50 people on line at 10am when they opened and people kept filtering in afterwards...

ImRDY.

Jq6zr29.jpg

anddo0

Is it worth trying out or any good? I was going to play without my headset on.

It's pretty good. I'm picking up some audio that was too subtle through my speakers. So that's a plus. I think it could be a bit louder. But it has more to do with the game than the headphones/profile.

Derrick01

Banned
Headphones?

I'm deaf in one ear so that's not a good option. Plus I can feel it vibrating through my walls and sometimes even my chair if it's a song that uses heavy bass. Sometimes I dream I can go sleeping dogs on him and slam his head through those fucking speakers.

wtf are people talking about?

Game looks great on my 55" LCD TV from about 10 ft away.....

I guess I am not just as picky?

But then again, I don't really game on the PC so I am not spoiled by that either so...

Dragoshi1

Big line at Gamestop here in Florida; at 10am!

Lots of us wanted to pick up our copies, but dudes coming in with, like 20+ games to trade in held up the line! Was in there for 15 minutes, but now waiting for the game to install. SO EXCITED!

Norns

I'm deaf in one ear so that's not a good option. Plus I can feel it vibrating through my walls and sometimes even my chair if it's a song that uses heavy bass. Sometimes I dream I can go sleeping dogs on him and slam his head through those fucking speakers.

Owch.

Maybe ask him to keep it down a little?

Ataraxia

From the early gamer impressions I don't see this game besting Last of Us for GOTY. While LoU had an initial glitch that forced players to restart their campaigns until a patch was released it was almost universally loved after the fix. Maybe the expectations were just too high for GTA V but I don't see this being everyone's favorite game this year.

im gonna try atomic blimp code later.. hopefully it works..
any idea how it works in the game? like, where do you get your blimp? lol

also, for anyone spraypainting your car.. makes you sure you have the roof up. i sprayed michael's car with the roof down, and noticed it didnt paint! LOL. now i have a white car and a red roof.. looks cool actually.

From the early gamer impressions I don't see this game besting Last of Us for GOTY. While LoU had an initial glitch that forced players to restart their campaigns until a patch was released it was almost universally loved after the fix. Maybe the expectations were just too high for GTA V but I don't see this being everyone's favorite game this year.

It's been out for 9 hours..

Norns

I never finished The Last of Us due to that bug...=(

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
http://usbspeed.nirsoft.net/?o=1&vname=&vid=1921&pid=21863

There's several versions of it, with all of them pretty subpar.

Cheers for this, man. Not to treat you like my personal geek or anything BUT :0)

I've got it down as between 16/17MB/Sec read speed, which doesn't seems too bad. I thought I read somewhere that the min/max read speed on 360 for USB was 16MB to avoid overheating... is that right? The write speed seems stupidly low (4MB/Sec), though, so best not to use it for save games and what not. Have I got that or am I talking total junk? Obviously, I'm totally trying to rationalise the purchase XD

Karak

wtf are people talking about?

Game looks great on my 55" LCD TV from about 10 ft away.....

I guess I am not just as picky?

But then again, I don't really game on the PC so I am not spoiled by that either so...

I am primary on PC and that doesn't instantly spoil you. Sometimes people just have different opinions. As I pointed out in my review I feel that it is a step up from GTA IV but of course not as good as say Icehancer on the PC. But for a console with this much going on I can't identify any huge glaring issues.
Aside from the random FPS drops boing.

Multi-plat tend to get the GOTY nods. I wouldn't be surprised to see TLoU lose out to GTAV for that reason.

Gorillaz

Too early to judge however I kind of agree

SRTtoZ

I dont think anything will top TLOU for me but GTA5 was definitely my 2nd most wanted game in the past few years (TLOU being first).

Edit: 3000/8486 so far. Maybe 5 minutes in.

So are all the cheats discovered yet? If Rockster didn't put in a cheat to set tire friction to zero after the popularity of the carmageddon videos they missed a real opportunity.

sephi22

(Early game spoiler. About 15-20% in.)
So Michael's whole reason to 'get back' in the game is just
that he needs money to pay off the Mexican's drug lords new house?
Seems kinda weak. Hopefully things get darker later. Also that (vague mission spoiler)
Lifeinvader
mission feels really out of place.

My only problem with the image quality is the shadows are glitchy. If you're going to try and do fancy time lapse shit at least make sure you can deliver. It's minor, I'm playing on a PC monitor and I just try to sit back as far as possible. As for the frame rate, I figure I just get accustomed to it. I played Shadow of the Colossus.. I can play this.

You definitely can buy property, it's listed in the menu as some sort of achievement. No clue if it's safe houses or businesses. Hoping the latter.

What do you think about the gunplay?. Don´t you find it a little bland ( noise, hit reactions...) ?.

For me graphics are very very good, about all the lighting is mighty impressive. But the controls lag is very distracting.

I am loving the pacing of this. I've done....7 or 8 missions and more things are being gradually introduced, but been playing for a fair few hours outside of that, just exploring the city.

Has there been any word whatsoever on DLC outside of online btw? or new locations? (not that I'm anywhere near finished exploring this :p)

From the early gamer impressions I don't see this game besting Last of Us for GOTY.

I still don't get why people love that game so much. I mean I enjoyed it and thought it was good, but I was wondering if all of the people raving about it were playing the same game I was playing.

DukeBobby

Man, this game is so good. Played for about 4 hours.

Frame rate is a bit iffy though, but certainly better than most open world games on consoles. But, man, these jaggies!!

Someone mentioned the reticle earlier. That is maybe my only complaint. I have good eye sight and I can barely see it in some conditions. So it can be changed larger? That is one of the first settings I looked for but couldn't find it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Installing now. Was nobody else in wal-mart when I picked it up a half hour ago. Key fob looks nice but has some corners on it, don't go putting it in your pocket, especially if you're a guy.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Trevor's (well I guess re-)introduction was great. The music playing, and the fact he's clearly fucking insane.

Driving around those country road man, feels so good.

Also, no phony restrictions as to where I can go! As soon as I was ready I just jacked a plane and had a real nice fly around the state. Returned it to the airport with a wonderfully smooth landing and the bastards were still trying to arrest me.
I was only borrowing it.

Someone mentioned the reticle earlier. That is maybe my only complaint. I have good eye sight and I can barely see it in some conditions. So it can be changed larger? That is one of the first settings I looked for but couldn't find it.

I can't remember the name of it but there's an option for simple or complicated in the menu. Some shit like that. It then put a ring around the reticule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom