• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
Lots of jaggies but so what. There might not be the raw power to fine tune them but the rest of the game thus far is outstanding. This will trump TLoU no problems.

The golf and tennis are nice little time wasters, golf especially. The dynamic events are really well done. This is really some accomplishment. The only thing I wish Rockstar would implement is a save camera state. Fed up in all their games of just nudging the right thumbstick to give it a bit more aerial angle.

Anyone tried to join one of the cults on the internet? I almost joined that Children of Mountain cult but they are asking for $4900, lol. Great game so far.

Tekku

I can't log in and link my account on iFruit. There's too much traffic atm or what? I can't log in on the Social Club website either.

I completely sold out on Amazon, it kinda looks like it was actually a limited Special Edition.

Good luck on your hunt. The Steel Case is nice

I gave up yesterday. Most of the in-game stuff will be out as DLC at some point anyway, the only thing you're really missing out on is dat Steelbook.
Ok thanks guys. I actually have it ordered from Amazon but I usually get packages around 6pm, I was just getting impatient. =)

JackHerer

Loving the game so far. I've been playing mostly PC games for the past few months so when I first started playing the aliasing looked horrible in this game. It is pretty bad. I got used to it though and it doesn't bother me too much after a few hours of playing.

The frame rate is solid considering what the game is and the hardware it's on. I definitely notice slowdowns in certain areas when driving really fast with lots of traffic around but it's not too bad.

The textures range from great to terrible but I guess certain sacrifices have to be made. The worst offenders are out in the wilderness. The city looks pretty great overall. I am crossing my fingers for a PC version soonish. Or at least a PS4 port.

Once I start playing the game though I forget all these flaws because it is just a blast to play. Driving is amazing but takes a bit getting used to. The shooting is definitely improved from GTA IV. Animations look great.

Also, Trevor is absolutely hilarious and repulsive at the same time. I love it.

gl0w

Really stupid question, but after you enter the atomic blimp code and downloaded the file, how do you get into it ingame?

Anyways, in playing on PS3 and the game is just amazing. Runs good and I didn't saw any issues so far

I can't remember the name of it but there's an option for simple or complicated in the menu. Some shit like that. It then put a ring around the reticule.
Thanks I'll check it out when I get home.

Anyone know how to jack a jumbo jet? They are incredibly tall and I don't see a way to get up there through the door. Not sure getting close and pressing Triangle is enough for the character to take over and enter. :(

If you gain the ability later dont spoil the scenario just let me know :p

539104_10151881518598024_365228098_n.jpg

Master chief really let himself go.

Kind of tempted, though I was gonna wait for the PS4 or PC version.

Do we have any idea when they would come out, if at all? Mid-next year, maybe?

The best thing about Trevor's character is that it dispenses with the "ludonarrative dissonance" saying that has become popularized in association with open-world sandbox games.

Addnan

Have been playing since 9am, just gone past 4pm. How did all that time go. Playing a console game feels weird with the lack of AA, but fuck it. The game is so good, I don't even give a shit.

My blimp code is not working (PS3EU).

Nothing has been announced. EVERY date you see is speculation.

With that said. The average for GTA to come to PC is about 6 months.

I think I'll go pick up my SE edition and just stare at it for the last few hours of work. It's a totally normal thing to do.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
IT'S TIME. GOOD BYE LIFE.

Does the game not look as good as the gameplay reveal trailer that Rockstar put out? That was supposed to be running off of a PS3, according to Rockstar.

JackHerer

It's all speculation really. The console version of GTA IV released in the end of April and the port was out in the beginning of December. So that's roughly 6 months. Who know's if GTA V will be similar.

Edit: Beaten

Nothing has been announced. EVERY date you see is speculation.

With that said. The average for GTA to come to PC is about 6 months.

I think I'll go pick up my SE edition and just stare at it for the last few hours of work. It's a totally normal thing to do.

It's all speculation really. The console version of GTA IV released in the end of April and the port was out in the beginning of December. So that's roughly 6 months. Who know's if GTA V will be similar.

Thanks, I think I'll try to wait it out. Have too many other things to play right now anyway.

Breemin

I'm glad I live in a small town now. I used to live in NYC and I can never get anything on release.. always sold out. Now its no big deal to get anything... because I live in the burbs. But I always pre-order anyway, its now a habit, just like going to a movie 30 minutes before to make sure I get a decent seat..Now where I live the theater is always empty... but I come 30 minutes early anyway...

Leaving work early today to pick up my pre-order and get some game time in.

beanman25

I guess it's okay to talk about this now:

First review copy I've gotten that included swag with it! USB stick, t shirt, stickers, and more!

Was stoked to see the big box

The mission variety is excellent, just like San Andreas. Nobody has came close to besting Rockstar at this in any other open-world game. I thought they had lost it after Gta IV.

On another note, I just did the biking with Jimmy mission and MAN the handling sucks. I hope the other ones don't control so badly, they're what I was most looking forward to.

My favorite bit that I played last night:

A couple missions in spoiler
Sneaking into Michael's house and hearing Jimmy swear at the game he was playing. Both what Jimmy was saying and the game itself were extremely funny.

lil smoke

Banned
Got my copy. Walked into Times Square TRUs. Took 5 minutes.

From here on, I will forever ignore all the anxiety over 1st day line waiting, preordering, etc. I have never had a problem just buying a game, doubt I ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom